[Winners announced] OnePlus Bullets Wireless - Musical Review Challenge

1. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Jun 5, 2018

Ruby G., Jun 5, 2018 :
    [Contest] OnePlus Bullets Wireless - Musical Review Challenge.jpg

Friends,

Today is open sales day for the Bullets Wireless! We're all incredibly excited to hear your thoughts about our newest earphones. When yours arrive, we invite you to share your thoughts...using music! No, we're not asking you to sing anything (though if you have the voice, you're welcome to do so). Simply thumb through your favorite song lyrics and see if you can find a fun(ny) way to incorporate them into your review. Quick reference them in your subheads or incorporate entire lyrics in your review paragraphs – it's up to you how far you want to take this.

How to enter:
    • Submit your entry by July 15, 10:00 PM HKT.
    • Post your response in this thread, or with #MusicalReview in the title if you'd prefer to make a new thread.
    • Include at least one song reference in your product review.
    • Add a link to the referenced song(s) at the end of your post.
    The prizes:
    • 3 winners will win the opportunity to become an official OnePlus Accessory tester (and collaborate with our team on future products) + a voucher for a single accessory of their choice
    • 5 runners-up will win a voucher for a single accessory of their choice
    We'll announce the winners late July via an update to this thread with tagged winners. Have fun!

6/20 Update:
    Extended the contest date based on community feedback! Also I've also spotted some nice contest entries in the wild, feel free to check them out:
    7/5 Update:
    Spotted two more in the wild! Keep'em coming - loving the creative genius :cool:
    7/9 Update:
    Just sharing a few more I have found. Friendly reminder that this review challenge ends this weekend.:)
    7/19 Update:
    Thanks for the fun #MusicalReview entries! We've been reading all of your edited lyrics with great amusement, and of course, enjoying the thoughtful tech analysis. We're pleased to announce the following winners who will get the chance to serve as a OnePlus accessory tester and an accessory of their choice:

@johneebee
    @Shivang Joshi
    @Venky61

Congratulations also to the following winners for their excellent entries. They will receive an accessory of their choice:

@aj2989
    @Joel B
    @manuel19, @Moin2200
    @Rosaise

I'll message everyone soon with details and follow-ups to their prizes. Thanks again for the creative fun, and I hope everyone will continue to enjoy their Bullets Wireless. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018

2. Ruby G. Creative Copywriter Staff Member Jun 5, 2018

Ruby G., Jun 5, 2018 :
    For those of you who'd like an example for inspiration, I quickly whipped up an example of my own. I'm sure you all can do much better! (All opinions are my own and don't represent OnePlus etc.)

WBsamplereview.jpg

Ruby's OnePlus Bullets Wireless Review – A Marvin Gaye Tribute

"Ain't nothing like the real thing
    I got cheap wired headphones in my room
    They always break, keep me tied to my phone
    I realize it's just chains, chains to inferior sound
    And they don't groove me like when I hear
    The sweet sound of Wireless Bullets in my ear
    I need clear sound on the move to comfort me
    So let's stay together."​

I've been using the Bullets Wireless since our product team brought some over to test in March. I'm pretty rough on the stuff I own, so my go-to purchases are typically more economical, such as in-ear buds from AKG, Sony and of course, the OnePlus Bullets. Making the jump to Bullets Wireless was quite the change. The sound seems even richer and more immersive than the original Bullets. The lack of wires and freedom to keep my phone securely tucked in my bag has made listening to music on public transport more hassle-free. The Bluetooth range isn't limitless, occasionally stuttering when something like a pillar comes between me and my device when I walk across the office, but it's been fine so far for moving around my room.

"I needed some earphones for my gym routine
    And there you were
    I needed something that wouldn't fall out
    And there you were
    With sweet comfort and water resistance
    Deeply soundproofing my ears
    I want to stop (stop) and thank you, baby
    How sweet it is to run with you, oh, baby"​

I find the design of the Bullets Wireless to suit my needs well, especially at the gym. The ear tips do a decent job of canceling out background noise and survive comfortably in my ear despite all the accidental tugging/head movement/sweat that goes on in Pilates. The niftiest feature really is the magnetic control. Snapping the magnetic ends together instantly pauses the song on my OnePlus 6 and vice versa; saves me a movement or two when I'm trying to finish that last mile. The band is so comfortable that several times, I've looked for them at my desk, forgetting that I'm wearing them XD

3. agoinfly Lollipop Jun 5, 2018

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018

4. talluri Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2018

Punk_69, Deepak.Si and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  5. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 5, 2018

Cheetosdust, Jun 5, 2018 :
    Hello @Ruby G.

Yeees, this thread is my... jam. (yeap, bad jokes already) :D

Will try my luck, especially because of this part "Official OnePlus Accessory tester (and collaborate with our team on future products)". Sounds :rolleyes: awesome! Thank you!

6. superplus English POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 5, 2018

superplus, Jun 5, 2018 :
    aww great idea and love your review! :D haven't been tempted by wireless before, but must admit you're making it sound very useful while travelling or walking around the office (exercising too, but that's usually what everyone mentions) :cool:

7. Shivang Joshi The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 5, 2018

sha!b, Deepak.Si, GopalB. and 4 others like this.
  8. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Jun 5, 2018

Deepak.Si, GopalB. and Ruby G. like this.
  9. AnwaRiks Froyo Jun 5, 2018

AnwaRiks, Jun 5, 2018 :
    Can't get my hands on these little things, goes out of stock in minutes.. [e]1f614[/e]

10. Moin2200 Jelly Bean Jun 5, 2018

Deepak.Si and Cheetosdust like this.
  11. Arthur.orin Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

12. H1528193932308 Cupcake Jun 5, 2018

13. GopalB. Marshmallow Jun 5, 2018

GopalB., Jun 5, 2018 :
    So... Is it necessary to have a pair of Bullets Wireless for this contest??? [​IMG]

14. Hemasagar Eclair Jun 5, 2018

15. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 5, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jun 5, 2018 :
    Another great contest by the famous @Ruby G. :D
    I'm anxious to see what people come up with. Whooop whoop let the music flow!!! :)

Ruby G., Cheetosdust, Wahoux and 3 others like this.
  16. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 5, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Jun 5, 2018 :
    Marvin Gaye ... O yeahh.... Im hearing you through the grapevine :D

17. vijay l daswani Donut Jun 5, 2018

vijay l daswani, Jun 5, 2018 :
    sounds like life
    life like freedom
    freedom like noice
    noice like speed
    speed like one an only 1+
    never settle

Ronakkar and Ruby G. like this.
  18. G_Manu_g_kICu Froyo Jun 5, 2018

19. camohan Lollipop Moderator Jun 5, 2018

camohan, Jun 5, 2018 :
    I will chip in with some funky Indian song even though I dont have Oneplus wireless bullets currently.

20. outpin Honeycomb Jun 5, 2018

outpin, Jun 5, 2018 :
    Gonna enter for sure, the headphones look so good. Reviews are also great.