[Winners Announced] OnePlus TV: You Name It.

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 17, 2018

dsmonteiro, Dec 17, 2018 :
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. Winners will be announced today, so please just wait a little while longer.

Cheetosdust, eye842, AB plus and 5 others like this.
  2. YRJ KitKat Dec 17, 2018

YRJ, Dec 17, 2018 :
    I'm sure the wait will be worth it!
    take your time ;-)

AB plus likes this.
  3. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2018

palc, Dec 17, 2018 :
    Waiting not for the announcement of the winners but to hear the name that's been chosen! World wants to know what the OnePlus TV would be called! (Also want to be one of the first buyers when it's launched.)

VaeGreen likes this.
  4. reddipalli1993 Donut Dec 17, 2018

S1539678355323 likes this.
  5. S1539678355323 Cupcake Dec 17, 2018

AB plus likes this.
  6. YRJ KitKat Dec 17, 2018

YRJ, Dec 17, 2018 :
    Patience is a virtue!

S1539678355323 likes this.
  7. Jullian Loic Cupcake Dec 17, 2018

8. axtract Cupcake Dec 17, 2018

9. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2018

palc, Dec 17, 2018 :
    As quoted above, @dsmonteiro said yes. So, yes, it's getting announced today. I personally have been waiting for it since I woke up around 6am IST until now. XD I just hope he now doesn't say, "Sorry, it's getting delayed!" But still, the hype will still be there. Haha! xD

dsmonteiro likes this.
  10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 17, 2018

Stickied Post
    Hi everyone,

There were lots of original entries and it wasn’t easy to narrow it down to just ten, but we’re proud to announce the ten final names:

All 10 finalists will receive a pair OnePlus Bullets Wireless for their great contributions. All 10 finalists are up for consideration to be used as the final name of the 'OnePlus TV'.

As our teams continue to work towards delivering a truly outstanding television experience, we will announce the final name of this exciting new project at a later time. Up until that time, all 10 finalists will be in contention for the grand prize.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that the OnePlus team is not obligated to use any suggestions submitted to this contest. Even if no suggestion is used, one grand prize winner WILL be selected and receive the prize as described in the contest thread.

We will be contacting the winners by e-mail / PM to arrange prize shipping.

Never Settle!

11. G_Vivek_Dhakal_SMYA Gingerbread Dec 17, 2018

G_Vivek_Dhakal_SMYA, Dec 17, 2018 :
    Is this for real? I can't believe it coz the list has many cliche/existing brand names! good luck with the marketing/lawsuits!

Aspire, Canvas, Epic, Innova are all existing trademarks. Apex, arena sound boring.

the only name that makes some sense to be in the list for me is Intelly+.

That's just my opinion though, not pleased at all with the shortlist.

12. YRJ KitKat Dec 17, 2018

YRJ, Dec 17, 2018 :
    looks good! [e]1f60a[/e]
    a lot of cupcakes, they have a stronger affinity to contests!
    we can see them a lot around lab and other contest.
    congratulations everybody [e]1f60a[/e]
    intelly+ is the finest in the top 10.
    I assumed it to be tougher!

anilanand and axtract like this.
  13. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2018

palc, Dec 17, 2018 :
    @dsmonteiro, as @G_Vivek_Dhakal_SMYA said, he's right. Most of those names are existing registered trademarks.
    The only names that make sense to me are Intelly+, Arena and Nese but Nese can cause issues with the existing name Nest as being called a derivative. Personally, I don't think the other 7 names were worth waiting for as I've myself seen more than 6-7 names worth it in the comments section.. :(

14. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2018

palc, Dec 17, 2018 :
    was going to tag you here but woah, you're already here. xD

YRJ likes this.
  15. YRJ KitKat Dec 17, 2018

YRJ, Dec 17, 2018 :
    hahaha!
    I was waiting for the top 10 but TBH I am not pleased, but I am sure that they picked the rightful ones (you also had to give an explanation for the title) they have taken 2 months of time afterall. so I respect the decision they have made!
    maybe next time (^ ^)

16. palc Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2018

palc, Dec 17, 2018 :
    yes, that's right... I respect their decision too.. But picking already trademarked names didn't make much sense to me personally...

YRJ likes this.
  17. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 17, 2018

Everyone was a cupcake before.

(Don't really have the numbers with me but) There's probably more cupcakes than all the other levels combines. Statistically it'll be far more probable to see a cupcake win then any other user. With that said, I see no reason why there should be even matter in this specific case.

YRJ likes this.
  18. johneebee Honeycomb Dec 17, 2018

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018

19. YRJ KitKat Dec 17, 2018

YRJ, Dec 17, 2018 :
    Indeed.
    Well, I am not complaining about that, it's good to see cupcakes picking up so fast! I am completely cool with cupcakes being chosen in this case afterall selections are done in the basis of quality entries rather than level . This is a matter, as this is actually surprising, because we have never heard from them.
    [e]270c[/e]️☮️

20. JohnC. Cupcake Dec 17, 2018

Martin Estrand, YRJ and johneebee like this.