[Winners Announced] OnePlus TV: You Name It.

1. NovinDavis KitKat Sep 17, 2018

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018

2. DavidMdz Gingerbread Sep 17, 2018

Rohit_N_Dalvi and Vladut123 like this.
  3. martinjsteven Donut Sep 17, 2018

4. Baymax Starting Point Expert Sep 17, 2018

Baymax, Sep 17, 2018 :
    Here's my idea/submission...
    You have earphones called Bullets.

To go along with the product line I think it should be called the OnePlus Cannonball or OnePlus Cannonball TV

5. elanglois Lollipop Sep 17, 2018

elanglois, Sep 17, 2018 :
    Hell, they wanna copy Apple for everything, just name it the iTV!

This only shows where OnePlus's mindset is at. Nevermind the specs. Who cares what makes it different! Forget HDR10 or 10+ and Dolby Vision and HLG. They won't commit to any of that. 4K is just a maybe. AI standards? Nope. They haven't a clue.

But let's get the hype machine going and get the users to name it. Rather than paying a marketing company to name it, we'll let the user's do it for the cost of a pair of headphones! Yay!

I want to know your goals for screen technology: IPS, VA, OLED (which means buying from LG and they will NOT let you sell cheap), or QLED? If not OLED, can we assume full array backlight? How many zones? Refresh rates? Judder correction? Motion compensation? How many nits brightness?

Granted, you can't know all that in exact detail, but have some goals beyond AI. I can tell you right now, my Vizio m-series has Dolby Vision and built-in Chromecast. I also have a Google Home mini and anything Google doesn't do natively, I have macros on a Beaglebone driving a Broadlink IR gateway. I can literally say "Hey Google, play .... " and it will play a video from YouTube. I can then say, "OK Google, enhance the audio" and it switches on the amp's audio enhancer. Every morning I say "Hey Google, Good Morning" and get a personal greeting, the weather for my area, traffic report, calendar events, the AC temp is set, and the TV is turned on with a personalized news report from Haystack.

OnePlus has a long way to go! They are gonna be lost competing in the AI space and they have zero experience making a good TV.

6. martinjsteven Donut Sep 17, 2018

7. MrNebby22 Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

MrNebby22, Sep 17, 2018 :
    OnePlus C

Sounds like "see" and since it'll be a the you'd be seeing it, also keeps with the trend of short names

8. martinjsteven Donut Sep 17, 2018

9. elanglois Lollipop Sep 17, 2018

elanglois, Sep 17, 2018 :
    My name submission is "Crystal" because it represents clarity and sharpness, is a formed when a metal and non-metal bond.(think Hydrogen and Oxygen meet Aluminum), and it's likely to be some form of liquid crystal display.

The OnePlus Crystal Display.

10. Ceasedd Marshmallow Sep 17, 2018

omgabay, GopalB., ferhat0070 and 12 others like this.
  11. ankitttt Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

ankitttt, Sep 17, 2018 :
    I think OnePlus knows about its fanbase which is very tech savvy so they will have some of the best specs at given price point that's the only way to go for OnePlus and they'll provide all those specs in detail from brightness in bits to coverage of dcip3

12. F_Ibrahim_Ismail_ioWd Donut Sep 17, 2018

13. Cuttrax Eclair Sep 17, 2018

BIT91, tamaldhara, F4Tpie and 3 others like this.
  14. G_Vignesh_Jogi_SdFg Gingerbread Sep 17, 2018

15. tbalnt Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 17, 2018

16. G_Karothikeyan Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

G_Karothikeyan, Sep 17, 2018 :
    Wow..... One Plus TV great idea @Stephen L.

17. G_Joshua_Blackburn_gjUD Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

G_Joshua_Blackburn_gjUD, Sep 17, 2018 :
    Just been thinking about where OnePlus started from to where they are now and it is nothing short of a Voyage. The tough climb from being a no-name company starting in a market dominated by Samsung and Apple to competing on the next level. Each product that has launched was just another destination on the map. From OnePlus One to OnePlus 6 and beyond, instead of staying in one place they continued to trek forward and bring more followers with them.

All great legends start with our heroes setting out on a Voyage. From mythology to video games, we see our protagonist brave through obstacles and continue. The TV is just another pin on the map, but one that will expand the reach of OnePlus. To show the world to Never Settle, to demand more of our products.

I would buy the OnePlus Voyage. From the device in my palm to the TV in my living room, I am part of the Voyage.

18. killer_kamesh Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

19. Rishik999 Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

20. thecoolestwavee Eclair Sep 17, 2018