[Winners Announced] Show the OnePlus 6T Launch from your eyes!

1. edjeeh
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

2. GSVTech
    Froyo Oct 9, 2018

GSVTech , Oct 9, 2018 :
    don't worry bro maybe OP7 on Mumbai [e]1f601[/e]

3. Z1535092469148
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2018

4. loudersoft
    Honeycomb Oct 9, 2018

loudersoft , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Respectfully, and I'm sure I will get yelled at by other people who are fans of OnePlus: this is a controversial method of crowdsourcing creative for advertising.

Creative people are being asked to contribute work without compensation of any kind which OnePlus may use at their discretion for a chance at one trip.

Maybe I need to reread the idea of this contest but this is against AIGA standards, so I will not participate and I'd encourage any other professionals to avoid submitting work.

OnePlus is my first love and choice for mobile device and has been for years. It disappoints me deeply that they would have this contest (though perhaps well intentioned on the surface) knowing full well it violates a standard of the graphic arts and visual industry.

https://www.aiga.org/position-spec-work

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018

rohitanand and rphlfjrd like this.
  5. 2020amolg
    Honeycomb Oct 9, 2018

6. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Oct 9, 2018

ChrisTerp likes this.
  7. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 9, 2018

Kytharsis , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Boooo.

Dresa91 likes this.
  8. johneebee
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 9, 2018

johneebee , Oct 9, 2018 :
    Ok this is seriously an awesome fun idea to make a teaser video/poster!!! I sadly don't live in one of the launch event countries so I won't be joining into the fun, so good luck to all participants!!

I hope we'll get to see the entries, I'am curious what people will come up with! :D

Ruby G. likes this.
  9. Rishik999
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2018

10. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Oct 10, 2018

Ruby G. , Oct 10, 2018 :
    I think Puerto Rico should be fine per the visa situation, but Guam may be a different situation. I'm actually not too familiar with visa situation of Guam.

Shivang Joshi and rphlfjrd like this.
  11. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Oct 10, 2018 :
    10 total winners!

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  12. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Oct 10, 2018 :
    Hey @loudersoft,

I actually came up with this contest idea, so I wanted to clarify that the entries collected are not "spec work" and not intended for advertising purposes. We have an excellent in-house team of creative professionals who handle our promotional work.

As with all of our creative contests (like our recent logo recreation one), the winners are posted on the same thread and congratulated by the community. It's meant to be a fun, non-professional bonding experience for users who enjoy geeking out over tech. As a fellow creative who has freelanced, I understand how sometimes we have to be on our guard. Lots of people looking to get a free logo or blog post. However, I'd like to assure you that OnePlus has an excellent track record of making sure artists/writers are paid for their professional work.

Thanks for your time!

13. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Oct 10, 2018

rphlfjrd , Oct 10, 2018 :
    We didn't go through immigration when we moved here a few months ago from Mainland US. It was just like a domestic flight from state to state in the US.

14. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Oct 10, 2018 :
    Ah should be fine then. I'd give it a shot!

Shivang Joshi and rphlfjrd like this.
  15. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Oct 10, 2018

cdnfarmer , Oct 10, 2018 :
    Best of luck to all Americans who are entering the contest.

I second what @luigimario said. Specifically, Canadian citizens do not need a visa to travel to the US.

script likes this.
  16. G_Prasad_Gaonkar_idJc
    Cupcake Oct 10, 2018

17. _shivamshukla_
    Gingerbread Oct 10, 2018

_shivamshukla_ , Oct 10, 2018 :
    Yeah, as they have mentioned that the winners will be able to get *local* plane tickets XD

18. Ruby G.

Ruby G. , Oct 10, 2018 :
    Ahh the thought process at the time was that if we open it up to all of North America, then that includes Mexico, which has a tricky visa situation. Maybe we'll just open it up next time and state in the rules that you must have a US visa already at the time of entering the contest XD

19. LightningXIII
    Lollipop Community Expert Oct 10, 2018

ChrisTerp, script and Dresa91 like this.
  20. marinobiagio
    KitKat Oct 10, 2018