[Winners Announced] Tell us your story, we'll shout it to the world!

1. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Dec 17, 2019

SoniaB , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Further to this, I would like to add that all stories are checked and verified to ensure its original content. Any stories found to not be original work will be removed and those entries automatically disqualified.

It is important for everyone to understand that using someone else's work and changing a bit here and there, or doing a mash up of several pieces of work does not make it your own work.

You can post your own story and original content that has been inspired by someone else's work. But the story itself has to authentic and your own work. In that case, you should provide a link crediting the source of your inspiration. This avoids any copyright infringement.

For example, I could write a story based on 2 star crossed lovers. I could say my story was inspired by the Romeo and Juliet or even Laila Majnu, but the story itself has to be my own.

2. sandi_developer
    Froyo Dec 17, 2019

sandi_developer , Dec 17, 2019 :
    It is nice...

G_plusone, B.I.T.S. and YRJ like this.
  3. sandi_developer
    Froyo Dec 17, 2019

Ok, requesting you to check more about all other stories and find copyright © contents..
    +

4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Dec 17, 2019

YRJ , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I may or may not be writing a story :D
    Soon ;)

Anshu3110 and MosheG1 like this.
  5. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 Dec 17, 2019

SoniaB , Dec 17, 2019 :
    I do not want to go any further off-topic in this thread, but if you read my post, I already stated that all content is checked and verified.

I appreciate you may not have been happy with your content having been removed, but it's removal was valid.

If you want to discuss any further, you can send me a PM, but kindly refrain from doing so in this thread.

6. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 17, 2019

the_o2 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Nice thread made,
    My bad Haven't seen this thread before

Hope this count :D

My OnePlus Story

7. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 17, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 17, 2019 :
    Captura de pantalla 2019-12-17 a las 18.11.12.png

___
    - Hey, how are you?
    - Okay, just going to the cinema, alone. I wish so much you were coming with me.

___
    · Hey girl, have you miss me?
    · I have! You drive me crazy, I wish you were here right now...

___
    * Which movie do you wanna see?
    * I don't care, we'll watch whatever you want, as always.

8. sandi_developer
    Froyo Dec 17, 2019

Nice

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  9. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Dec 17, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 17, 2019 :
    not bad at all... where do you keep pulling these stories out of!?!
    nice job! keep them coming!

10. B.I.T.S.

They were hidden in a dusty box :rolleyes:

I'm just giving them a second life, remembering them, polishing them, and setting them free into the wild world.

Thank you ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

YRJ, sandi_developer, Dresa91 and 2 others like this.
  11. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Dec 17, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 17, 2019 :
    well I'm glad you opened that box, are there other boxes?

sandi_developer, Dresa91 and B.I.T.S. like this.
  12. B.I.T.S.

Maybe :rolleyes:

YRJ, Dresa91 and MosheG1 like this.
  13. Anshu3110
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2019

Anshu3110 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    With the writing instrument? :p

Yayy! This has become my bedtime routine!
    So much love to you Bolita ! Please don't stop writing these ever!

14. B.I.T.S.

Awwww, this reminded me to the time that I used to invent stories out of three words to make someone sleep :rolleyes:

YRJ, sandi_developer and Anshu3110 like this.
  15. Anshu3110
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 17, 2019

Anshu3110 , via OnePlus 7 , Dec 17, 2019 :
    That sounds like a beautiful routine, my wonderful story teller! (I'm not as good as you, with the words and 'story teller' is all I could come up with :p) But if you wrote a book of all your stories, I'd be the first one to buy, and I wish I could read one story before bed, forever.

16. B.I.T.S.

Story teller sounds about right!!

You gave me an idea for a thread... :rolleyes:

In my bucket list there's a point that says: write a book. The following one says: publish it. :p

Thank you very much for you kind words.

17. aolirl
    Honeycomb Dec 17, 2019

aolirl , Dec 17, 2019 :
    these could very well be memories or even inspired by memories or events which happened or not happened as expected. nice

B.I.T.S., YRJ and MosheG1 like this.
  18. cookiem0nster
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2019

cookiem0nster , Dec 18, 2019 :
    This is a story,
    About a boy named Tory,
    Who lived his whole life in a shed.

He was happy and was content
    Though he slept on the cement
    Even in the winter cold

So over came Santa
    Who gave him a bandanna
    And a blanket to keep him warm

Thus is the story
    Of a young man named Tory
    Who was warmed by the gift of a giver.

PLEASE DONATE TO SHELTERS THIS WINTER. NOT EVERYONE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY AND WEALTH TO BUY EVERYTHING THEY NEED. Be someone's Santa. Give them a gift they actually need and would appreciate.

P.S. Know that the donation boxes in the streets and in front of libraries and stuff sell the donations for profit. Give somewhere that donates the things you give for free. Happy Holidays!

G_plusone and YRJ like this.
  19. Jchen14
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2019

Jchen14 , Dec 18, 2019 :
    Tonight was my 3rd EAC (Equal Access Clinic) of the semester. It was also the last clinic of the year (see you soon 2020) which allowed us to merge all of the specialy clinics (LGBTQ, Dermatology, Women's Health) into one and made for an interesting night! Despite being on Christmas break, we had more than 15 student volunteers, but I was the only first year PA student - the rest were medical students.

I was teamed up with a 2nd year medical student - we'll call him B - because we had more volunteers than actual patients! Our patient came in for shoulder pain. When we met our patient for the first time it was obvious which shoulder his pain manifested. He told us that he fell off his motorcycle last week when it was wet outside going about 15 mph. After asking a few questions, he revealed that he had no health insurance and made a little too much money for free state health insurance which was difficult to maneuver.

B and I tackled the physical exam portion of our patient encounter together. PA students learn physical exam skills in our first year usually while medical students often don't start until their 2nd year. Luckily, B was able to perform an exam thorough enough to rule out critical diagnoses such as nerve damage. We suspected either 1) tear of a muscle tendon 2) Hills-Sach lesion 3) Fracture of the humeral head or surrounding bones. Without an XRay, we really couldn't do much for our patient. We a musculoskeletal injury is suspected, usually the first diagnostic that provides us with the most information imagining of some kind. But since our free clinic was not equipped to manage orthopedic patients, we couldn't help him much.

Luckily, after consultation with a social worker, we were able to refer our patients to a free program that our hospital provides - a form of charity care. We sent our patient on his way with a referral to orthopedics which I really hope he follows up on in the coming days (if he can get approved for charity care).

That was just a few hours ago. I'm reflecting which is a tool I enjoy using to recap on my thoughts and experiences. I'm really grateful to be able to see patients as an upcoming health care provider and to learn from them along the way. Medicine is a privilege and to practice it is one greater.

Our clinic is totally free to all patients and is staffed by volunteer undergraduate students, medical students, PA students, residents, attendings, physical therapists, social workers, and pharmacists.

I love being part of a healthcare team with 1 goal: to serve the public.

I hope my story provides some insight on how healthcare works! Thanks for letting me share 🙂

20. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Dec 18, 2019

YRJ , Dec 18, 2019 :
    I don't have it yet, but soon ;)

B.I.T.S. and Anshu3110 like this.