[Winners Announced] Tell us your story, we'll shout it to the world!

1. SoulCrusha
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

SoulCrusha , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Grew up more poor than a majority of the world. I have worked hard and struggled for over 20 years. This month is my birthday as well as the month that after much perseverance and fortitude I have primed myself to seize many opportunities.

This month I became I millionaire. The capital is just a sign or display of the pain and suffering to reach this point. The countless hours and nights without sleep. Doing tasks no one should ask another to do for themselves. I bought something for myself. A top notch phone. New year, New phone, my new me.

Bacon Man, YRJ and aolirl like this.

2. aolirl
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2019

aolirl , Dec 7, 2019 :
    sounds like a story worth expanding on.

well done

3. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 7, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Captura de pantalla 2019-12-07 a las 12.28.47.png

After a desperate week staring at the silent phone, it finally rang. I jumped on the chair, almost falling, and picked up with my shaking hand. Such a weird call... But it was something, and of course, couldn't allow myself refusing it, so I accepted it without hesitation. It was my first job as a private investigator.

I had to follow a middle aged woman, with a very strict routine, nothing extraordinary, nothing weird. Actually she was pretty boring. Maybe it was my fault expecting something exciting, like in those intriguing movies that make you forget your own breath. Almost after a month following this lady day and night, the time I was hired for was about to end and I was ready to write my report.

But that last day she changed the route on her way home and suddenly the neighborhood started to seem familiar though I didn't pay attention to it, I was too focused on her back, being her invisible shadow when she stepped into an entrance hall. My entrance hall. How was that even possible? I froze seeing the door closing behind her...

Anshu3110, buntycubal, script and 5 others like this.
  4. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 7, 2019

5. nagarjun2901
    Froyo Dec 7, 2019

RAKESH J R, Starcommander and YRJ like this.
  6. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 7, 2019 :
    :oops:
    Hahah! Nice story @B.I.T.S. it made me smile :)
    Yaay! It reminds me of the day I first became an uncle. :grin: Congratulations :)
    :disrelieved:
    What a harrowing experience.

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  7. B.I.T.S.

B.I.T.S. , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Captura de pantalla 2019-12-07 a las 15.31.14.png

The worst punishment for a boy is having a little sister. And I had the awful luck of getting one. My parents brought her home, with that ugly pink dress and as much as they said she was the cutest baby in the world, for me she was an annoying creature that would cry during the whole night. When she grew up I was assigned with an unwritten task: be her unpaid bodyguard, being bitten, drooled, scratched and kicked by her, 24/7. Not to mention her favorite hobby to destroy my precious toys. Then she started to walk and even tho I thought the annoyance will stop then, she'd follow me everywhere, I couldn't even go to the bathroom alone! And I won't even talk about the mess my football matches turned into with her around hugging the ball not letting me and my friends play. But things changed when I finally got my bike. I would ride as fast as my legs allowed me until she was just an irritating tiny dot behind me. Try to catch me now if you can, you little monster.

8. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 7, 2019 :
    You will have to write a story here to enter the contest :p
    Don't you worry, feel free to share your story.
    Really an interesting story..... It piqued my interest Would you like to elaborate? Just asking :)

Wow! Love the theme and the style of sharing your story. The picture attracts my attention and I cannot help but read. Loving these shorts. Keep em' coming :)

Anshu3110 and Starcommander like this.
  9. B.I.T.S.

B.I.T.S. , Dec 7, 2019 :
    There are more about to arrive, no worries. You'll hate my flood of stories... :p

Thank you ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

Anshu3110, buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  10. YRJ

YRJ , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Try me ;)

B.I.T.S. likes this.
  11. B.I.T.S.

B.I.T.S. , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Captura de pantalla 2019-12-07 a las 15.39.07.png

Dodging dinosaurs at the end of each Sunday mass. That was his favorite game as a reward of being a quiet good boy while listening to nonsense. Slow, old, stinky dinosaurs trying to pinch his cheeks and drooling his face with all those annoying kisses. His tactics were improving and he was faster each day, turning almost invisible to them. The first time he thought the outside was neutral territory, though he learned he wasn't safe until everyone was gone. He was an expert improvising secret places to hide, so good that not even his mother was able to find him sometimes... And she was the best at finding things! But when he was almost the same height as the dinosaurs they started to ignore him since they were focused on trying to chase the new kids. And his game was over.

12. shuvam3005
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2019

shuvam3005 , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Well my story crossed paths with OnePlus a few months back. The year has been not so kind to me. With every passing day it has just been worse and with me wishing if I could just skip to 2020. Being an IT developer, I hate sitting idle. I love loading myself up with challenges and new tasks everyday just like OnePlus. So losing a project as a team was a big blow to me. Took some time to get my head around it but I realize failure is just a part of life. I picked myself back up, grabbed another challenge and been grinding every since.

I am a tech savvy guy, I love my gadgets. So when I accidentally dropped my beloved Samsung S7 edge from a moving motor bike while riding as a pillion, and watched helplessly a car running over it, it hurt. It really hurt me. As I ran to the spot where it was lying, hoping it still survived my heart skipped a beat. I picked it up to realize, it was shattered and could not be salvaged or repaired by any means. The device I looked and cared for so much was gone.

I was in desperate need of a new device. I was browsing through the web for some new devices that could potentially replace it. But I was disappointed. I didn't find any. Sometimes the specs didn't appeal to me, some other time it was the design and a few time the price wasn't justified. I thought I would not spend much and just settle for a cheap entry level device, but coming from a flagship that didn't suit me either. The speed the snappiness wasn't just there. For me a phone isn't about just specs or great looks or features. Every detail matters to me and it should all combined seamlessly into an amazing concoction that I'd be relishing for the next 2 years. It has to be whole, it has to make me feel and. desire it, every time I pick it up I should be thrilled.
    but that was just a theory, I didn't find anything like that.

Then one fine day I saw my friend using the OnePlus 7 Pro. Man, that was something! I loved it, the design the fuildity, the panel. It was like the first time I ever tasted an ice cream. So smooth. I was convinced my next device had to be an OnePlus. I started looking up and had two options, the 7 and the 7 Pro. Honestly I was much more into the 7Pro as I didn't want to carry an older looking 7 on me. I almost made up my mind to buy the Pro, when I realized OnePlus is almost on the threshold of releasing their 7T series. I thought to myself that sure, why not, let's wait. I'd buy the 7T Pro with the updated specs and Android 10 out of the box. But then again disappointment . I realized they're just launching the 7T, and the Pro's launch is delayed or held off. I wanted the Pro, the fuild screen, the camera, the design but couldn't wait that long. I thought, whatever be it I'd just buy the 7T. But boy oh boy, did it take me by surprise when I first saw the design render and the teaser. It got me excited. I was up for it. I waited patiently for the launch, and it stood upto it's hype. I just fell for it. The tall elegant design, the fluid screen was back, the triple camera and to top it all off, Oxygen Os. I found my next daily driver, finally.
    Soon, I had the device and I loved every inch of it.
    Of all the miserable, unexpected gloomy things that happened to me this year, OnePlus 7t has been one of the two best things that happened. The other you ask?
    The woman I love, I don't know when or how, but the woman I fell for just slowly fell for me too. We can't point an exact date, time or moment, but it just happened. Like it was meant to be. I think it was meant to be.
    For all the adventures and surprises to come along. I have her and OnePlus with me.
    Also I can't wait to meet her, show her my 7T and click her. I love to click her pics.

13. sandi_developer
    Froyo Dec 7, 2019

sandi_developer , Dec 7, 2019 :
    This one ☝🏻 is very good I would like to share this thread as we can able to know each other’s story through it...thanks to all members and I will share my story ✌🏻

shuvam3005 and YRJ like this.
  14. sandi_developer
    Froyo Dec 7, 2019

sandi_developer , Dec 7, 2019 :
    May I know the deadline of this??

15. Maverick2.0
    KitKat Dec 7, 2019

Maverick2.0 , Dec 7, 2019 :
    Great story, but you almost gave me a heart attack by changing your DP! For a moment I thought you had ditched the sloth.:eek:

GopalB. likes this.
  16. RaraBunny
    Eclair Dec 7, 2019

Stickied Post
    RaraBunny , Dec 7, 2019 :
    1575751716873.jpg

Nathan Viers woke up earlier than usual that day.
    The uncompromising nature of his work schedule has trained him to adapt to such unforseen circumstances, You don't become CEO at his age by complaining about things in life.

Nathan had it all, an illustrious MIT graduate with a knack for doing the impossible. Always smiling and contemplative, radiating confidence in every stride, it was evident to anyone at a glance that Nathan was tailor made for bigger things. Success didn't come cheaply, when others credited his unbelievable rise to everything from his intellect to pure luck, only he knew of the sleepless nights and breakneck schedules. Off lately, they've started taking their toll on him.

Last night was probably the worst of them all. After a 12 hour long flight, the last thing you want is to find yourself begging for sleep.
    It was around 4:45 in the morning that he finally gave up, he got up, washed his face and went out for a stroll. The view was amazing, it had to be, since he was on one of the most beautiful beach resorts in the whole world.

The sunrise was breathtaking, he wanted to take a few pics and post it to the millions who follow him on social media but on a second thought, he sat down on the beach and closed his eyes, picturing himself having closed this deal and flying back home. It didn't matter though, he neither had anyone waiting for him nor did it feel any different than a hotel room. He was in his early 30's and had it all planned out for the future, retirement by mid 40's and focusing on the less important things later on.

It was just about then that he glanced upon a man, slightly younger than him. He stood beside a fishing boat, closed his eyes and smiled at the sea, in a swift movement, he pushed the boat towards the waves and was seen enthusiastically rowing into the sea. Nathan thought about it, he was just like this man, just battling a different set of waves. He wrote down a few more talking points for his presentation. He didn't feel like going back to the hotel room yet.
    A few more years like this and he would buy a mansion by the sea, somewhere nice and beautiful like this. Everything will make sense then, he told himself.

As he was about to get up, he saw the man returning from the sea. He was smiling to himself, almost humming a song. He got off the boat, pulled it ashore and unloaded the day's catch. Nathan was amazed by it, surely, the man would make a great sale today. Nathan took it as a good omen and walked back to the hotel room.

The presentation went ahead as planned, Nathan was able to give satisfactory anwers to all the questions raised by his investors. In the end, he sealed the deal and was heading back to hotel when he saw the man selling his catch to a busy crowd in the market. He could tell by the looks of it that the guy made a good profit out of his catch. Later that afternoon, Nathan cancelled all the plans for the next three days and decided to treat himself to a much needed vacation.

He slept well that night but got up early and went to the beach hoping to meet that guy. Much to his disappointment, the man didn't show up on that day. Nathan went to the bazaar, looking for him. He was nowhere to be seen. Nathan knew that it was silly to think that his success in the presentation had anything to do with a random fisherman but he wanted to thank him for inspiring confidence inside him.

The guy didn't turn up the next day either. Nathan wasn't impressed with this guy's work ethics. Tomorrow he'll head back to New York and get absorbed in the rat race once again. It wasn't surprising that many people didn't reach the heights that he did, he bemused, they just didn't try hard like he does.

Nathan went to the beach one last time before heading to the airport.
    He wasn't expecting to see the guy today and to his sheer disappointment, the fisherman didn't show up. Nathan was about to leave the beach when he saw the familiar figure of the man coming back from the sea.
    Finally, the thought to himself, he could meet the guy in person.

Nathan patiently waited for him and as soon as he finished unloading the catch Nathan approached him.

"Hey, how are you?"

The man looked surprised, but calm.

"I'm good, thanks! How are you doing this fine morning?"

Nathan was a natural when it came to breaking ice with strangers.

"My name is Nathan, I run a company at New York, I know this sounds crazy, but you helped me close a deal couple of days ago."

The man laughed.

"Happy to help. My name is Jim, I'm, as you can see, a fisherman".

"What happened to you for two days? You didn't seem to be working"

Nathan sounded critical and not as concerned as he wanted to sound.

"Oh, that. I only work once in every two-three days".

Jim made it sound like it was a no-brainer. Nathan thought it was blasphemous.

"That's not a good way to run a business, any business"

Nathan wanted this man to genuinely understand what he is missing out on.

"Listen, I can see that you are obviously really good at what you do. You seem to sell your product for a good price, but if you are a little more serious about this. I can tell you a way to turn this into something far bigger than your wildest dreams."

"I'm all ears"

Nathan knew that he had Jim's full attention, he changed his gears and got into the CEO mode.

"Picture this. You start working five days a week instead of two. In a month, your profit would be five times what you make now. In a couple of months, you could buy a second boat. In a year you'd be having no less than ten boats. Instead of just selling fresh fish, you can also dry the surplus and sell them, or sell canned fish products. In ten years you can be the owner of a successful fishing business with your own food processing company".

"And..?" Jim was hooked, or so Nathan thought.

"Well, you could retire in your early fifties, buy a sea facing mansion, live the rest of your days in peace and in knowing that you've made it in life."

"Isn't that what I'm doing right now?"

Nathan looked puzzeld.

"I only work when I want to, I make more than enough to feed my family and take care of any emergencies. I can see my kids grow, be a part of their lives and childhood. My family loves me, I get enough time to read my favorite poems, help my wife with daily chores, work in our garden."

"Oh, and that sea facing mansion you talked about.. I don't live in a mansion but sure it's sea facing and I get to live there in my youth when I can appreciate it all with the people I love. I shouldn't push it to my 60's. I don't even know for sure if I'd see tomorrow's sunrise, why risk it all for something that I might get in the future for something that I can have right now? Hundred years from now, we'll be dead, give it another hundred and nobody will even remember that we existed, even if they do, we won't be here to see it. Live your life to the fullest while you still can, nobody can promise you tomorrow's sunrise."

Nathan wanted to say something in his defense but was spell bound by what he just heard. Speechless, he walked back, unsure about everything around him but he knew what he exactly wanted henceforth-

Living everyday instead of merely existing.
    Jim might've been just another fisherman but there was something deeply stoic about what he said.
    Nathan never had any life outside his work. His parents got to see him only once in a year for Christmas and he never had a meaningful relationship with anyone else. He wanted someone to read poems with, lie on a rooftop at 2 A.M and talk about every crazy thought he ever had. He wanted to have a daughter who'd follow him around like a lost puppy. He wanted so much more, but his goals always came first.

Goals that never ceased to exist. Until now.

~

P.S: This is my first attempt at writing, the story was told to me by my grandmother. I've made a few changes to make it more relatable for our times.

Happy holidays everyone!

Peace.

[Image Credit: @SpiceMonk]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019

17. Muzaffartk
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

Muzaffartk , Dec 8, 2019 :
    My story is about ONE PLUS ...
    One plus destroyed my trust...
    One plus destroyed my sleep...
    One plus ruined my time management....
    One plus ruined my mental strenghts...
    HOW?
    one plus bluffed me..
    it provided me defective one plus 7T
    it has 2 mac ids
    it has in display finger print scanner issue
    it has heating issue
    it has display issue .. the screen gets too brighter at times..
    it has lagging issues..
    the promotion was fake...
    the hoarding were fake..
    the advertisement were fake...
    their tagline is fake..

but yes I WILL NEVER SETTLE...
    NOT A BIG DEAL IF MY INR 40,000 GONE IN VEIN...
    I WILL GO WITH THE TRUSTWORTHY AND MOST STABLE BRAND NOW..
    THE ONLY ONE..
    APPLE...
    SHAME ON YOU ONE PLUS...
    YOUR CUSTOMERS ARE FEELING OFFENDED..
    Your team is lame.They didnt provide any support .They are bidding around the bush.
    They dont have any technical knowledge about mac ids, finger print scanner, display issue.
    I am sharing this story here because i feel my community of oneplus will help me on this.
    One plus community rocks!!

sandi_developer likes this.
  18. GopalB. , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 8, 2019 :
    Thank you... :)
    Also, now I'm the fastest sloth... ;)

Maverick2.0 likes this.
  19. adilele
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2019

adilele , Dec 8, 2019 :
    This year on 2nd December 2019 I was celebrating my 23rd birthday. on the occasion of my birthday I was planning to gave gift to my self. so randomly I was searching mobiles on e-commerce platform. I was planning to buy OnePlus 7 Pro but I was not ready to buy this mobile via e-commerce website. so I went to one local store they have that mobile but price is little bit high. when I was returning to home I saw that new OnePlus experience store is recently open in my area but I'm not aware about this. so I went to OnePlus store and I meet that customer executive guy he told me their December offer on that mobiles and that total experience was great. so I got mobile in very attractive price which is in my budget. so I got my gift on my birthday. Thank you OnePlus for bringing happiness on my face with this attractive gift.

sandi_developer and YRJ like this.