[Winners Announced] Tell us your story, we'll shout it to the world!

1. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Congratulations @Overzee on Becoming a Father.
    Keep Enjoying your Beautiful Family :)

buntycubal, YRJ, Overzee and 2 others like this.
  2. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Dec 11, 2019

cdnfarmer , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Welcome. Enjoy your time here too.
    Thank you. I will try. Can you believe it, 20 days left till 2020!?!

buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  3. Overzee
    The Showcase Reviewer Dec 11, 2019

Overzee , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Ouch, that doesn't sound great, hope all ik OK now.

buntycubal, YRJ and Starcommander like this.
  4. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Dec 11, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 11, 2019 :
    This is entire explanation what I went through but now I am doing great!

buntycubal, YRJ and Overzee like this.
  5. pvdscheer
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019

pvdscheer , Dec 11, 2019 :
    And yesterday I received my phone as if it was new! Thanks again OnePlus, it took only 3 working days to pick up, analyse, repair and send back the phone, I think no other brand does it that quick!!

YRJ and Starcommander like this.
  6. madhavchitti
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  7. Overzee

Overzee , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Good to hear! I've seen your story while scrolling through the community forum, but haven't read it yet, but I definitely will in time!

buntycubal, YRJ and Starcommander like this.
  8. Overzee

Overzee , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Thanks so much, I definitely will!

buntycubal, YRJ and G_plusone like this.
  9. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 11, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Yaaaaaaay surpriseeeeeeee :D

(It won't let me upload a photo today... Maybe later I'll try again.)

MosheG1, buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  10. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 11, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Captura de pantalla 2019-12-11 a las 17.24.53.png

"Hey, what's your name?"
    The subway was completely filled up, and I had the luck to be near you, almost smelling your hair. You looked at me weirdly but smiling timidly after more people jumped in and the train kept moving, you answered.
    "I'm Liz, and you?"
    "I'm Emery, nice to meet you."
    To that brief introduction, it followed the usual question and answer conversation until we found our we were going to the same place. A library. You needed a poetry book to gift it to a friend, a cheesy one.
    "Do you write poetry?" You asked after all the poetry advising masterclass I gave you.
    "Yeah, I do, but..."
    "I'd love to read some!"
    Well, dear stranger, you'll read some, I promise. Maybe next time you go to buy a book, or maybe when we meet again and I'll be brave enough to ask you your name.

11. benmwashumbe
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2019

benmwashumbe , Dec 11, 2019 :
    OnePlus 7t is awesome

12. cdnfarmer

Ahh. your story and especially that picture melts my heart. Very cute dog. Dogs can have such positive effects on our lives.

13. cdnfarmer

@YRJ here is my story.

My OnePlus Story: A Global Community

A phone serves many purposes: make calls, look up information, communicate, capture life moments etc. A phone may also be vital in a person’s life. Did you know that a phone can change a life and save a person? In this story, I’ll explore how a phone and in particular the surrounding community changed lives and saved at least one person.

I became involved with OnePlus after my trusty BlackBerry (yes, I am a proud Canadian) reached its final days. When I looked at replacing it, all the searches and reviews lead me to OnePlus. I was searching for a premium quality phone that was fast and smooth and durable. At this point, I didn’t know how much that cell phone would affect my life. All I knew, it met my needs. I started exploring the forum and the phone. While participating in contests and writing stories, I found insights into myself.

Then @NeVeR_SeTTLe asked me where were my photos. This push helped me return to a passion: Photography. I discovered the capabilities of the phone to capture great shots. With time, I interacted online with some great people and worked on projects with them. Through a project, I got to met a very good person. When I think back on the circumstances, the project was an opportunity to work on similar interests but the questions asked helped foster a friendship. Communication grew from there and a good friendship built over the year. Our in-depth conversations had a big impact on me realizing many key things and working through challenges in my personal life. The Let’s Talk about Mental Health led to a book developed by community members with interesting insights. With time, I was also able to help out and interact with some of the best photographers around (e.g. @Bouncer71 @woSch @otto2 @hennes @script ). The phone bridged the 8000 km and united us. Without the OnePlus phone and the community, I would not have met these wonderful people.

Over time, I had the wonderful opportunity to help out at the 6T launch in NYC. There I met 12 fellow community members and met some OnePlus staff. It gave a face to the usernames and the company. It was a great experience and built some good friendships. Again, I didn’t know then, but some of these friends gave vital advice in helping build my business. There are so many great people in this community who have a variety of knowledge, skills, and experiences. In addition, the OnePlus community is a global community. Ironically, some language and cultural differences led to interesting interactions and friendships. You can say that the global aspect “broke the ice.” For example, in German the ending “er” is associated with the male gender. My username ends in “er” so several people thought that I was a man.:D I still laugh but one of these instances lead to a conversation on 5G networks and an everlasting friendship.

Earlier, I mentioned that a OnePlus phone changed my life. Well, this was a year of wisdom and lots of changes. I met some interesting people. Two of which became great friends. They were 8000 km away, in different time zones, on different continents, and I had not met them in person. However, these people helped save my life. They gave me courage and helped pull me through some very tough personal times. Those I met in NYC, helped in different ways. I was also able to help some people as well. Moreover, being part of the RNC feels like an online family. It is nice to see people and help those with struggles or celebrate milestones in their lives. My interactions with OnePlus continued to develop as I went to London for the 7T and 7T Pro launch. I met a very kind and proud new father, @Overzee . His story was something we both could relate even though we were 7000 km apart on different continents. Even to this day, I look forward to updates on his son. Being on site, I also met some great people (e.g. Otto, Hennes, Trista, David etc) with whom we had previously interacted online. Afterwards, the photo group (Bouncer71, woSch, Otto, Script and I) got together in Köln. That was a priceless gathering. Our desire and passion for photography united us through a cell phone platform. It was like long-term friends reuniting. It was memorable. After interacted online for over a year, meeting them in person was incredible. These guys are from a different country but we share many of the same ideals, interests, and experiences. True friends. All build because of a cell phone and a community.

In the meantime, there are the online interactions with great community members like @Cheetosdust @superplus @meatandy, @Dresa91 , @Impersonal, Océane (many others) that gave a purpose and broaden knowledge, experiences, and appreciation.

All these experiences showed me that regardless of the location, there are many caring people, humans with wisdom and kind hearts. We all got to meet through this online forum but the interactions went beyond the phone. People helping each other. Stories gave advice and inspirations. The opportunities to interact with technology and people is unparallel.

Yes, I bought a phone but ended up with a lot more than a piece of hardware and software. OnePlus phone and it's community gave me lifetime friends, opportunities to help, participate, and excel. I made some great friends. Even when they are half way around the world, they were there when things got tough. When I wanted to give up, they helped me persevere and now excel towards new goals. Meanwhile the phone and its community helped me rediscover my passion for photography. My OnePlus phone goes beyond the regular smartphone functions and bridge distances, facilitate friendships, solve problems and help saved my life.

Lessons Learned:

1. You never know what life will bring. Sometimes lifetime opportunities come from areas one would not expect. Enjoy life. Explore. Be kind. Take the opportunities when presented.
    2. Keep an open mind. People around the world may have wisdom, experiences, and advice that can make a big difference.
    3. Sometimes simple words can encourage thinking and help people solve conundrums, or Cornurdrums (for @surplus and @Cheetosdust :p). You never know what you say can make a big difference. Be kind. Say Hi.
    4. Sharing experiences and information can create strong bonds that may create everlasting friendships or give life saving advice or savvy business advice.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019

14. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Dec 11, 2019

Dresa91 , Dec 11, 2019 :
    :):):)

15. Z1557742432463
    Donut Dec 11, 2019

Z1557742432463 , Dec 11, 2019 :
    My story:

I'm an guy, and since about 2 months ago, I fell in love with someone at my school, also a guy and the same age I am. Before this we almost never talked, although I've always thought he seemed like a great guy. But then we started taking a few of the same classes, and we started to talk, and in no time I fell in love. We have the exact same interests, wear the same style of clothes, like/dislike the same stuff, the only difference between us is that I'm taller, and that he has blue eyes (which I'm pretty jealous of btw). Also, I think not even a week after we started to talk, the whole school now wants us to be together, I don't think he knows that yet, but EvErYoNe comes to me saying we're meant to be, asking if we're already a couple, etc. Even his own little brothers do this. Sadly I have no idea if he's straight or bi/gay, but I'm a planning on telling him how I feel on our Christmas party at school next week...

16. Deactivated User
    Dec 11, 2019

17. script
    Nougat Moderator Dec 11, 2019

script , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Well said, my Freundin

18. meatandy
    Oreo Dec 11, 2019

meatandy , Dec 11, 2019 :
    You truly have a wonderfully true story there.

Cheers.

19. woSch
    Photography Expert Dec 11, 2019

woSch , Dec 11, 2019 :
    true friends ... strong together :) big hug :)

20. cdnfarmer

True friends. Big hug back.
    I'm blessed to have you guys and others here as true friends. Vielen danke.

TibiTibi, Bouncer71, script and 6 others like this.