[Winners Announced] Weekend Fun Time - OnePlus Crossword Puzzle

1. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2018

cdnfarmer, Nov 23, 2018 :
    679B3288-B49B-4553-8AEE-A2A36CD57159.jpeg

Welcome to the OnePlus community.

It is rather a large community. There are over 1, 771,560 1,797,788 users. Because of its size, it is nice to get to know some of the staff, moderators, and users via interviews etc. Recently, there have been several Software AMA interviews. With @Ruby G.'s help, these interviews along with a few more were aggregated to create a game for you to complete during the weekend.

You may learn something about some staff members and moderators. Your efforts will be rewarded with a prize for the first 5 people to complete the puzzle. There is an additional level, if you solve the “secret word”, you will receive a holiday letter from the OnePlus team.

What to do:
    1. Read the interviews below.
    2. Answer the questions and fill in the name or answer in the corresponding boxes.
    3. On the grid, there are boxes that are underlined. Enter the corresponding letter on the line to decipher the “secret word.”
      • **Bonus question.** This is extra. If you choose to complete it (write your answer on the puzzle sheet), the first person who successfully decipher the word will get a Holiday Card from OnePlus.
    4. Submit the completed puzzle via this thread.
    5. Hint: How to complete and submit the puzzle:
      1. You may edit the puzzle (.JPEG) in a photo editor program, then take a screenshot and upload it to this thread. OR
      2. You may create a note with the question number and your answer, then take a screenshot and upload it to this thread. OR
      3. You may download the file, hand write the answers (like the good ol' days), then take a screenshot and upload it to this thread.
    Yes, it is completing a puzzle... I know, I already hear the groans. But, remember the end goal: a prize for the first 5 people and a bonus prize for the person to solve the clue or the secret word. You also get to complete it on your own time throughout the weekend. Additionally, you will get to know a bit more about some of the people and OnePlus.

I will be adding the clues and the puzzle to this thread on Friday November 23rd at 2 pm EDT (in New York, Montreal, Ottawa.)
    If you are unsure what time that is in your area, open the OnePlus clock app. Alarm settings should open, swipe towards the left and you get the world time clock. Select New York and you can calculate the corresponding time in your area.

See you here on over the weekend. Even if others have completed the puzzle, I encourage you to still add your entry as we will be verifying the answers before the winners are announced.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018

2. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2018

Stickied Post
    Hi Everyone,

Please find the clues and the puzzle attached to this post. In order to help make it easier for you, the questions are pasted directly into this post.

Note, the questions are related to who said what.... or who is the question referring to.

ACROSS

2 - As a kid he anticipated summer vacation because he could do things all day without worrying about school.

6 - "IRL, I swear a fair amount. On the forum I try to be as polite as possible."

7 - With his R&D background and logical thinking, he is good at quickly finding the root cause of problems.

9 - Who is in charge of everything about the camera and gallery?

14 - "The mods are truly a family, all of us are very different, but we have OnePlus in common, which brings us together, and together we all work better."

15 - "It's been 4 years."

16 - "I love what we do here and we have got an incredible team too."

17 - "I became a mod because I wanted to be of help to the community: especially in the first years on the forum I had a lot of fun and I smiled a lot, I wanted to repay..."

18 - This person joined OnePlus because he is crazy about custom ROM and wanted to build the perfect ROM for Android users and met OnePlus people.

19 - This outgoing and independent person liked playing games with the kids in the village and fighting with her brother.

DOWN

1 - Sharing at brainstorm session comes natural to this person due to her keen ability to generate ideas quickly and draw connections.

3 - This mod spends as much time as he can doing his mod duties between study breaks and bus rides or free time with reliable internet connection

4 - This moderator knows how to take pictures, and like to structure things, make things easier to find, or to understand. His focus is on the photography forum.

5 - Who is a bug hunter that likes Anime, jogging and reading books?

8 - "Working in India: for me, best part of India are the people! Vast majority is super friendly, kind and open. Food is amazing as well. When it comes to worst, probably no surprise: traffic."

10 - Even though we are not an employee of OnePlus, we work with dedication and taste to help, to keep the forum in a good shape and tone. And remind people of the rules. (Edit: Note this a role not a specific person)

11 - This person said an “immediate sense of overwhelming work when you suddenly see a lot of reports. But honestly, this is why all the mods try to work together.”

12 -This outdoorsy person also likes to write, draw, and read.

13 -"It’s simple and it serves me to be a better man. This is what tech should be."

Bonus Question: Secret word –

What “internal” word did Kyle use to describe the user experience with a OnePlus device?

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/introducing-the-oneplus-6t.931314/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018

3. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2018

Stickied Post
    Happy Monday to everyone. I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. The first 5 people who successfully completed the puzzle are:
    @vijay_lalwani
    @Vishalvinjapuri
    @YASHPLUSONE.
    @BhavyaMehta0786
    @Aman_kalyan

@YASHPLUSONE. You will also receive a holiday letter from the OnePlus team for having decipher the secret word first.

@Ruby G. will contact the winners this week regarding your prizes.

Thank you everyone for making an effort to fill out the puzzle. Your efforts were noticed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018

4. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 23, 2018

5. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2018

Ok. I stand corrected. The stats I quoted is less than a week old!!! :eek:

Thanks. I'll change it. Even more reason for these interviews and contests. ;):p

Dresa91 and GopalB. like this.
  6. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 23, 2018

GopalB., Nov 23, 2018 :
    Just make it "close to 2 million users"... ;)

luxuskamel, Dresa91 and cdnfarmer like this.
  7. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2018

Perhaps, I should...:)

8. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 23, 2018

Dresa91 and cdnfarmer like this.
  9. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2018

Not quite yet...In 12hours and 23 minutes, maybe? ;)

10. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 23, 2018

GopalB., Nov 23, 2018 :
    Damn it!!!
    That's way past my bed time... :p

Dresa91 and B_Wrath like this.
  11. cdnfarmer Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2018

I still encourage you to participate when you wake up. ;) You never know. You maybe surprised!

12. GopalB. Marshmallow Nov 23, 2018

GopalB., Nov 23, 2018 :
    I'll try... :D

luigimario and Dresa91 like this.
  13. B.yashaswi Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2018

cdnfarmer and Dresa91 like this.
  14. YRJ KitKat Nov 23, 2018

cdnfarmer and Dresa91 like this.
  15. NeverGiveUpOnUrDreams KitKat Nov 23, 2018

cdnfarmer, Dresa91 and the_o2 like this.
  16. the_o2 Lollipop Nov 23, 2018

the_o2, Nov 23, 2018 :
    Screenshot or clicking the image :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Btw if I participate I choose this method.

Best of the luck everyone:):)

luigimario, cdnfarmer and Dresa91 like this.
  17. script Marshmallow Moderator Nov 23, 2018

script, Nov 23, 2018 :
    Great Fun idea, CDN :)

cdnfarmer likes this.
  18. friday051 Froyo Nov 23, 2018

cdnfarmer likes this.
  19. sarthak@sark Honeycomb Nov 23, 2018

cdnfarmer likes this.
  20. the_o2 Lollipop Nov 23, 2018

cdnfarmer likes this.