[Winners announced] Win a Trip to the OnePlus McLaren launch event

1. B.yashaswi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2018

2. Wackencorpse
    KitKat Nov 20, 2018

Wackencorpse , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Wow, a really nice contest. But I think my english is not perfect enough to take part in this contest

3. Chirag.joshi
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2018

Chirag.joshi , Nov 20, 2018 :
    I'm at a loss of words for the reasoning given.

spartanishan and Seagal_aikikai like this.
  4. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 20, 2018

meatandy , Nov 20, 2018 :
    SO... What is the TV going to be called?

5. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Nov 20, 2018

Hydra Bob , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Shhh you're not supposed to give away the secret yet:p

6. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Nov 20, 2018

7. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 20, 2018

gaster , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Looks a great prize! Thanks for the heads up David. Good luck everyone.

8. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 20, 2018

9. L1542709842715
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018

10. EverythingWithAlex
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2018

Seagal_aikikai likes this.
  11. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 20, 2018

dsmonteiro , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Sorry, but what about it? Flights need to be arranged and people need to be able to actually to fly arrive to UK in a specific date. That's the reason why India and US unfortunately cannot join the event. We cannot guarantee that. So, rather than unnecessarily getting people's hopes up and having them spending time on a video, we decided.

Seeing that you're being vocal about it, mind if I ask you if you have a valid UK Visa or if you'd be willing to spend 9000 INR for a Visa request even without knowing if you'd be able to attend?

12. G_Vasek_Krasl_rxoM
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2018

G_Vasek_Krasl_rxoM , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Maybe OnePlus TV ?

dalmia09 likes this.
  13. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 20, 2018

14. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Nov 20, 2018

Alvie , Nov 20, 2018 :
    May enter but am undecided at this point :p but it may be worth it for others outside the UK to win rather than me in the UK haha

15. dsmonteiro

The trip is not even half the fun, don't let that stop you. ;)

16. dsmonteiro

Good thing that we just updated the rules, then:

• We suggest you use English in your entry, but you're also free to use your native language, in landscape (horizontal) format, filmed in at least FullHD quality (although 4K is preferred) and should feature you.

17. Wackencorpse
    KitKat Nov 20, 2018

Wackencorpse , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Oh, thanks. I think now I can participate in the contest :D

18. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Nov 20, 2018

19. Moin2200
    KitKat Nov 20, 2018

20. Chirag.joshi
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2018

Chirag.joshi , Nov 20, 2018 :
    Hope you read this post full and never try to belittle anyone that questions your decisions on any basis.

1. I have a valid UK VISA for two years. See the attached redacted pic. I hope that shuts you for good to pounce upon any community member in future that is not happy with what you decided. You don't know me, FFS just one community member that you chose to belittle has the visa and fulfills all the criteria except for your stupid conditions. So my advise would be to refrain guessing about why people are voicing their opinions in future.

2. Even if I didn't, I could spend 10k or more for the same. So can anyone else. You don't know how passionate community members in India are or for that matter US. The contest says that you are supposedly looking for passionate community members to be a part of celebration and yet you doubted that people would not spend 10k for a Visa?

3. Coming to the video making capabilities, I post videos on youtube and have maybe 2k followers. It might not be a huge following but that clarifies, I have the capability to produce video content that community would like to watch. In fact here is the Oneplus 6 Invite unboxing that got 25K views.
    And since you were being vocal, applying your own logic to you, How many videos have you produced? How are you qualified to restrict which video maker gets to enter and which don't?

4. Its not about me only. I am being vocal not only for myself. There is a huge community in India and US, that would feel left out that's whats bothers me. But you wouldn't get that. You know how I know that ? Someone that could have considered these scenarios wouldn't bother asking people to voice their opinions only if they have visas to UK or can spend 10 grand.

5. And from now on I'll refrain from participating in any contest you are a part of. If any of my active participations are still pending, I as of this moment, withdraw the same.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2018