Wireless Bullet background static noise / hiss

1. arberg
    Cupcake Sep 13, 2018

arberg , Sep 13, 2018 :
    My new beautiful Wireless Bullet (lucky me for getting my hands on them) have a background noise. When I stop playback the noise continues for 3-4 seconds and then stops. Its like this low-quality sound-card issue where the speaker gives off static noise. Of cause the noise can be drowned by music, but it is annoying and to my experience it makes it more tiring to listen to music.

Is this normal? Its not very loud, but easily detectable by my ears. I'm 41 but apparently still have hearing in that level :)

If I RMA the bullets, will I risk waiting 2-3 months for RMA for supply to come up? Can I delay RMA for a month or two?

Best Alex

2. Paulius89
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

Paulius89 , Sep 29, 2018 :
    Hey arberg, I'm having the same issue with my bullets wireless as well. Have you resolved it? was it a faulty unit?

3. arberg
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2018

arberg , Sep 29, 2018 :
    No I havn't talked to anybody else yet.

4. imran722
    Gingerbread Sep 29, 2018

5. arberg
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2018

arberg , Sep 30, 2018 :
    I suggest one or all of us contact support, though I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

Does anyone have the wireless bullets and do NOT have the background noise? Its esp. clear when turning of playback on phone, because there's a 5 sec static noise that's cut off.

6. Paulius89
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2018

Paulius89 , Sep 30, 2018 :
    I've done a little research and could not find a fix for that. Some even say that it's normal for Bluetooth audio devices to have this noticeable "noise floor" who knows... Wonder if it's just more prominent in our units or are they indeed faulty.

7. arberg
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2018

arberg , Sep 30, 2018 :
    Well, it may be normal for low-quality head-phones, like its 'normal' for old pc sound-cards. Like having a thyroid issue is pretty normal, but not exactly healthy. My Plantronics Backbeat go 2 do not have this issue. My Plantronics Backbeat go 2 also have extremely bad musical sound :)

Yeah that's what I was wondering, whether its just the level of quality of the head-phones or whether some have more of an issue than others.

8. Andy23061
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2018

9. Paulius89
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2018

Paulius89 , Sep 30, 2018 :
    Just tried it and it's not the case. The issue still persists

10. G_Michele_Lioi_dRiT
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2018

11. arulclinton
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2019

12. ssoheilmn
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2019

ssoheilmn , Mar 9, 2019 :
    I'm using OnePlus bullet wireless earphones and I have the same problem. I tried connecting it to my iPhone and MacBook Air, and they both have the same issue. Also, When I'm on my iPhone and I go to some apps, the noise comes back and persists the entire time. Another time it shows up is every time I am ready to type (the keyboard shows up in the bottom of the screen). The noise starts as soon as the keyboard shows up (no matter what app I'm at), and persists for couple of seconds, or the entire time that I'm typing, and couple of seconds after I stop typing. Then resumes if I start typing again, and stops a few seconds after I stopped typing.

13. Supermonni
    Donut Jul 3, 2019

Supermonni , Jul 3, 2019 :
    Hey!

I had a hiss type of sound coming from the right headphone and here is the fix:

1. Enable developer options by going to Settings > About phone > tap build number 7 times to enable developer mode.

In the search bar on the top of the screen type Bluetooth and you can see the options under developer menu. Change the sample rate of the Bluetooth sound. My phone had it set at 44100hz and changing it to 48000hz and back made the noise/hiss that had bothered me on the right headphone for weeks disappear. You can also enable better quality audio by changing the sample rate to a higher setting and checking that the both depth is 24bit and you can also enable the high quality Bluetooth sound Qualcomm apt x HD. This works if you headphone supports the setting.

Hope this resolves the hiss/noise problems people have been having!

arulclinton likes this.
  14. arulclinton
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2019

arulclinton , Jul 3, 2019 :
    this really solved it.

15. arberg
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2019

arberg , Jul 7, 2019 :
    Thx, tried the developer option, no change on my new wireless bullets 2. The headphones makes the hissing noise even when not connected. The v1 turned off the speakers after a few seconds, where as the wireless bullets 2 keeps emmitting low volume high frequency noise, even when not connected. And louder than the v1 edition. I'm returning/RMA'ing them, but I suspect its a common issue, though the volume of the hiss might be affected by build quality. I'm really quite dissapointed about the quality, though I can imagine they would sound nice for those who cannot hear those high frequencies.

16. arulclinton
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2019

arulclinton , Jul 7, 2019 :
    one good thing that happened is, we found our super power. Ability to ear everything [e]1f602[/e]

17. X1567593981863
    Cupcake Sep 6, 2019

X1567593981863 , Sep 6, 2019 :
    This didn't work for me. The hissing noise just comes and goes should I ask for a new pair

18. lolthebest
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2019