With the issues in 3.2.1 and no ETA on a fix, what custom roms is recommended?

1. lipe123
    Froyo Jul 25, 2016

lipe123 , Jul 25, 2016 :
    I used to use CM on my samsung devices before I switched to OP3 but from what I heard so far its only nightly dev builds that work on OP3 right?

Is there something else thats stable without that slider and notification bugs?

Is there any option to switch OS without losing everything?,(I'm guessing titanium backup will be the only solution)

I'm just not super keen on starting from scratch since I've had the phone for a while now and other than the slider and notifications its working well for me.

2. vela13
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2016

vela13 , Jul 25, 2016 :
    how about not using slider and undoze apps you have notifications problems with?

worked for me, maybe can work for you too.

TrippyZ likes this.
  3. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2016

harlekinwashere , Jul 25, 2016 :
    This doesnt work in both cases.

I cant stress this enough.

The mute issue has nothing to do with the slider, in fact it can be temporarily resolved by moving the slider up and back down again, which is the only option you currently have, while still missing calls, sms and so forth, when the bug hits.

Undozing apps doesnt work either, because Doze gets overruled by additional changes Oneplus made. In fact the Doze whitelist (that you are suggesting to use) doesnt work at all, as of now. You have to deactivate doze and activate it with the whitelist feature using adb commands just to get it to work at all. And you have to do that on each reboot.

In addition Oneplus has managed to ruin gmails push email feature, which shouldnt be affected by Doze at all. I have not been notified that emails arrived for up to three hours, so far. Also, not doze related.

Please look at the threads yourselfs to confirm that I am right.

You not having been affected by those issue seems a bit strange, because everyone is, and your proposed "fixes" dont work and show that you dont understand whats going on in detail.

Sadly I cant help the threadstarter in answering his question, because currently I am suffering from all those issues on 3.2.1 as well.

The other problem is that most "roms" today are simple reskins or a repackaging of modules, because there are only a few big crews, that can provide maintainers for a Oneplus rom who are worth their salt.

Currently I know that CM has made efforts to fix the broken auto brightness on the Oneplus 3 which might be a good indication on what rom to use. I dont know if it has propagated at all, but if it has those roms that have it might be worth a second look.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016

vela13 and lipe123 like this.
  4. vela13
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2016

vela13 , Jul 25, 2016 :
    my post was hardly meant as a fight start.

I am using only volume up and down to silence / unsilence my notifications and never missed a sound notification.

also I have undozed Gmail, WhatsApp, Nine & Hangouts (apps I use) and notifications come as they arrive.

sorry for sharing a honest opinion.

peace.
    V

edit: if you are referring to DND thing and notifications, sorry, I misunderstood.. I never used those so didn't experience that issue and yes that bug exists and is fixed in next update.

5. lipe123
    Froyo Jul 25, 2016

lipe123 , Jul 25, 2016 :
    I wouldn't use the slider if they left the quiet hours setting from the stock android intact which I was very happy with.
    But now the only way to sleep through the night is the slider and then in the morning it may or may not got o normal.

The undoze option doesn't work, i tested it with gmail, whatsapp and another email program.

If I have the **** around with ADB and crap anyways just to fix doze things why not just root and put a working rom on?

vela13 likes this.
  6. vela13
    Gingerbread Jul 25, 2016

vela13 , Jul 25, 2016 :
    okay, peace. AFAIK both issues are fixed in update coming soon. I just shared my experience.

7. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2016

Also not necessarily wanting to start a fight, but using volume buttons or not, or touching the notification slider or not, doesnt affect you being hit with the "phone decided to go into mute state" bug. It just happens.

Gmail isnt affected by doze because the delivery system its based on (GCM) actally tells doze to push a notification through, regardless of its settings if the app is coded that way. Gmail is. Whatsapp afaik is also. :)

You can read up on it here:
    http://android-developers.blogspot.co.at/2015/10/how-google-cloud-messaging-handles-doze.html?m=1

8. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2016

Actually, Oneplus decided to go silent on both issues and there is no official confirmation that a fix is even in the works.

Most likely because they want to press through a "second product launch" for the Oneplus in Gold this week. :)

Peace. Still... ;)

9. lipe123
    Froyo Jul 25, 2016

lipe123 , Jul 25, 2016 :
    Someone did share a ticket reply in one of the threads that the devs are working on it but communication is absolutely nonexistant :(

The previous updates just took a week and now its taking much longer so I don't think its unreasonable to look at custom roms, sadly at the moment none of them seems to be really ready either?

10. harlekinwashere
    Honeycomb Jul 25, 2016

On the gmail issue I believe, right. I conveniently just remembered it. ;)

But still, no official acknowledgement through the usual channels. Or as part of a public statement by someone in an official capacity. Which would be necessary for them to be held accountable on the public stage.

We even have a behind the hand confirmation that Oneplus stopped to acknowledge issues publicly, because thats apparently what support is told to tell customers when they ask about any of the issues. :) Politics.

11. lipe123
    Froyo Jul 25, 2016

12. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2016

Jamesst20 , Jul 26, 2016 :
    Hi,

Sadly you cant switch ROM without wiping the data. All you can keep is the /sdcard data.

CM13 nightlies are now official and pretty stable. The only thing missing is dash charging. Currently, the MIUI 8 ROM is the only custom ROM offering a working dash charging

13. bulletmark
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2016

bulletmark , Jul 26, 2016 :
    It's said that the camera in CM13 is poor compared to OOS?

14. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jul 26, 2016

stephenboyo , Jul 26, 2016 :
    Don't bother with CM13 at the moment, camera is crap and no dash charging and the system is slow and top heavy. Downloaded and installed yesterday's nightly and it lagged my phone . Antu tu score for CM13 was 133K compared to 152K I achieved on my rooted stock 3.2.1. To be honest Oxygen is serving the OP3 very well at the moment so there really isn't any need to flash custom Roms at this point until something far better comes along.

15. cssoz
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2016

cssoz , Jul 26, 2016 :
    well full wipe twice then adb full rom 3.2.1 > full wipe again > set up normally > let's see what is up.

i don't have 80% of the issues people are posting about, mic, auto silent, etc

16. Jamesst20
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2016

Jamesst20 , Jul 26, 2016 :

CM13 and MIUI 8 is decent right now. You will often see people complains like stephenboyo because they forget that it is required to wipe the device in order to make a clean and stable install.

The camera is indeed not as good as OxygenOS, but not 'crap'. Keep in mind that it will be fixed by the time. It's just OnePlus being OnePlus about not sharing some proprietary blobs.

Also, CM13 feels much smoother than OxygenOS

17. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2016

jerrymilton , Jul 26, 2016 :
    So I when can CLOSE this thread now with the update just announced and all the supposed "OnePlus isn't acknowledging any of the bugs" whine...bring on the OP2 and OPX folks saying they've been forgotten which is hogwash. Both those phones had a lot of quick and fast hotfixes when they were released as well. It's like folks have amnesia on this forum. And for the record I own both the OP2 and OPX and have CM Marshmallow flying on both

18. lipe123
    Froyo Jul 26, 2016

lipe123 , Jul 26, 2016 :
    There was no whine, I just asked if anyone had alternative roms that worked well.

I'm glad we got the 3.2.2 update today and I hope it resolves everything, i realize most people use their phones for personal use but sometimes I need mine for work related things and when I don't get emails for hours or miss incoming calls it's a pretty serious problem and gets me in a lot of trouble.

The fact of the matter is communication is really REALLY poor between the company and the people on this forum.

19. jerrymilton
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2016

jerrymilton , Jul 26, 2016 :
    Try getting Samsung, Asus, or HTC to "comment" about bugs on their phones or EVER respond to ANY forum post. Hell will freeze over first.