With your help, we’re already improving OnePlus Nord

1. Joe C.
    Member of digital team Staff Member Aug 10, 2020

Joe C. , Aug 10, 2020 :
    improveNord.png
    As you may have noticed, we just rolled out a new incremental update for OnePlus Nord based on user feedback so far.

At OnePlus, we believe in placing the wants, needs, and opinions of our users at the heart of our product development. So it shouldn’t surprise anyone, then, that we really value user feedback.

Our latest product, the OnePlus Nord, launched just a few weeks ago, and already we’ve received valuable feedback from our community on how we can improve the overall experience, and in particular around the camera.

You spoke, and we’ve been listening. Today we’re bringing you the first of a series of optimizations to help improve your experience with Nord. Here’s what’s happening, at a glance:
    • Macro camera: improved vibrancy and color accuracy, most evident when taking macro shots of plants and flowers
    • Front camera: improved color accuracy and white balance for low-light selfies (both main and ultra-wide)
    • Display: improved display experience
    The majority of the optimizations we’ve made this time around are in relation to the camera, so let’s take a deep dive into the camera optimization process. Our team has been active in the forums and around the web, listening to what users and reviewers are saying about Nord. If we hear about something that can or should be improved, we start by conducting an in-depth analysis of the feedback received.

For example, if we hear people mention that the colors are too dull when taking photos of plants, our camera team will get busy photographing plants to get a better understanding of the issue. For example, which hues are dull? Greens? Yellows?

Once we’ve got the shots, our camera team will design software optimizations based on the recreated scenarios. Once that’s done, we hand over the optimizations to the testing team for evaluation. This includes testing the stability of the software.

Only when we’re satisfied that we’ve understood the issue, addressed the feedback, and thoroughly tested the solution is a new OTA rolled out to our users.

This might sound like a lot – and it is – but keep in mind that Nord only launched a few weeks ago and we’re already rolling out updates. That’s how committed our team is to the best possible user experience.

As any camera nerd will tell you, hardware is super important, but we also know that without the software the hardware is kind of like an empty house. If you’re into taking backlit photos, night shots, improving color accuracy, or working in HDR, software optimizations are where it’s at.

And this is only the beginning. We’re working on even more camera optimizations to enhance your photography experience with Nord, so keep an eye out for another OTA later this month, and be sure to keep the feedback coming.

2. Karun Deep
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2020

3. SandeshChinchapur

4. Rajnish_Dhull
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

5. RAXESH PANDYA
    Donut Aug 10, 2020

RAXESH PANDYA , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Joe C. Sir in this google calling app automatically call recording option missing and when we do call recording opposite person able to heard sound of call recording is started. do something and your oneplus messaging app is much better then this google app.Please work on the battery issue as well, it drains faster(60 Hz).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020

7. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Aug 10, 2020

YRJ , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Many thanks @Joe C. this was a much needed update. I'm curious to see what effect this update will have on the display.

Undoubtedly, small steps but I'm glad you're taking them.
    More power to you, keep up the good work :) 💪

8. otto2
    Photography Expert Aug 10, 2020

otto2 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    What are you awaiting from a cheaper phone??? If you want a better camera,than on the 8, buy 8 Pro.

9. Tushar_saini_
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

10. SandeshChinchapur

SandeshChinchapur , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Lol.. let OnePlus say this and I'll buy for sure. They've marketed it as same camera from OP 8, so my point is valid.

11. 赤髪Rijan
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

12. Last edited: Aug 12, 2020

13. S'jack Baten
    Donut Aug 10, 2020

S'jack Baten , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Is this update also to prevent the heating of the Nord?

Update, brought the OP Nord back to the store and changed it to a other brand.

For me is this the end of the OP journey, had a very good 3 years but the newest experience was to bad.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020

14. oneplus_moin
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

oneplus_moin , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Please work on the battery issue as well, it drains faster.

Also pls tweek the GPU performance so that we can have atleast EXTREME (60 FPS) option unlocked in PUBG Mobile.

Thanks in advance,
    Great day.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

15. Johnjoy
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

16. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Great to know this. Hope OnePlus works. I can't understand one thing, why can't you all find these issues while producing a phone. Before selling the phone, you must be thoroughly checking the phone- hardware and software. Then how come there are so many lapses. Really disappointed from OnePlus

PLEASE allow users to install OnePlus caller and messaging app on NORD

17. Pawan Mahobia
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

Pawan Mahobia , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Getting some issues on call. Like if I place d phone on speaker, the other person is sometimes not able to listen the voice.
    I've also observed that if I'm using Amazon and I get a call then the other person is unable to hear my voice.
    Moreover if a get a call on second sim where the internet is active on 1st then why I'm.unable to use internet?

Please check this and lemmi know if the same issue is happening to others and fix this asap.

18. oxygenkiosk
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

oxygenkiosk , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Looking good so far, a few updates off but overall excellent. a few little things like the clock display on the lock screen not changing after customization ..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

19. Goku_SuperSaiyan