wont buy the op6 :)

1. izzykasha Lollipop May 30, 2018

izzykasha, May 30, 2018 :
    Bought and paid for, I heard it only cost $10 but that's just a rumour on the streets.(insert joking face here)

Don't take it personally it was a good PR stunt by oneplus you all write well in the forums and some will give a fair crack but bias will slip in for some maybe a fair few but not all so it's nice to have a check everynow and then as we are all human.

There are some common themes running in the forum for the oneplus 6 that I have noticed and there are probably more

1) Battery life decreased from OP5/5T in some cases very significantly.

2) Issues with downgraded cell reception compared to owners previous oneplus phones.

3) Issues with downgraded H+ no LTE which was present in previous oneplus models.

4) memory magement in direct comparison to OP5T not quite as good app switching.

I can start to summise the 3300mah battery was a mistake they should have gone larger but maybe an update or two and they can squeeze more life? As for the cell phone reception and data decreases that suggests some aerial/connection issues with the oneplus 6

Early days so some update required it seems and these are the perils of launch day/week purchases but it would be nice to hear if LAB people could check these out with previous devices and the new OP6

Terryruiz likes this.
  2. izzykasha Lollipop May 30, 2018

read above x

3. abhsatvat Eclair May 30, 2018

4. Terryruiz Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

Terryruiz, May 30, 2018 :
    1527670531877.jpg

Shivam_sakral likes this.
  5. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 30, 2018

Dunnow, May 30, 2018 :
    I do not have a 5 or 5t, battery has lasted me 1 day, 4h and 44minutes with 4h and 12minutes of screen on time.

I had an op2, I'm texting from within tunnels where before I didn't have any kind of connection.

same as above.

memory management? That's something that is done via AOSP code, and I doubt you have had enough time to even consider that a thing. Memory management? of what? how do you want to check that?

Why was a mistake? it's the same/similar as other devices why it's a bad thing? o_o

6. izzykasha Lollipop May 30, 2018

ok you've missed the point that was a summary of the issues reported in the forum for analysis as you guys go along nothing more.

It's not a list to be killed immediately and stamped on just the consolidated list so far of the most posted issues in the forum.

Just so you guys are aware and in a position to have a view as you progress with your labs and beyond.

have a look for yourself in the forum form your own view of the top 4-5 issues and see if they are replicable or not for yourselves as you get to know your devices.

have fun

7. Terryruiz Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

Terryruiz, May 30, 2018 :
    because same battery running a 5.5 screen ....OnePlus 6 is 6.3 screen ...OnePlus 6 is there new flagship should be better then old models not worse and in battery life it's worse because .....they had to use up all there stock of 3300 batteries ...they will not make same mistake in 6T ..well I hope not !!

8. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 30, 2018

Dunnow, May 30, 2018 :
    that depends on panel efficiency and not size.. ffs people when will you all understand that?

there's QHD displays that are better than 1080p just as different size on inches... that's pure panel efficiency...

kaghedo likes this.
  9. Terryruiz Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

10. Terryruiz Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

11. izzykasha Lollipop May 30, 2018

I agree with this sentiment even with supposed processor battery savings in the OP6 the forum does seem to suggest this is an issue.

But some won't see things the same. Have a look for some proper tests and benchmarks and yes the battery suffers at its current capacity compared with the OP5 series on all tests I have seen so far.

Terryruiz likes this.
  12. izzykasha Lollipop May 30, 2018

Still regardless of the downsides which seem to be coming to light it's still one hell of a package for £469 for the base model.

I think it's just important not to paper over the cracks like the ones mentioned above and the lack of thermal paste/cooling that will affect people in hotter climates more than me.

We shouldn't just fanboy over the cracks and make sure people know what they are buying for this frankly cheap price but as long as they know the pros and cons they can make an informed choice and not just rely on the hype train.

13. RameesahA Donut May 30, 2018

RameesahA, May 30, 2018 :
    I had the OnePlus 2, great phone, still worked perfectly even though I used it constantly for about 3 years and dropped it numerous times, there wasn't a scratch on it.

Mum convinced me to upgrade to the OnePlus 6 because she wanted my OP 2.

So I currently have the OP 6 and I'm loving it I think it's a great phone and I like the notch.

Overall a happy ending [e]1f601[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

Lorand Zajzon likes this.
  14. kaghedo Jelly Bean May 30, 2018

kaghedo, May 30, 2018 :
    There will be no 6T anyways :p

15. Terryruiz Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

16. kaghedo Jelly Bean May 30, 2018

kaghedo, May 30, 2018 :
    No way,The next number will be 7 100%

17. Terryruiz Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

18. 5star02707 Ice Cream Sandwich May 30, 2018

5star02707, May 30, 2018 :
    Same for me still happy and content with 5t

19. DeadlyDag Cupcake May 30, 2018

DeadlyDag, May 30, 2018 :
    I have never had an OP device before, but I upgraded from Xiaomi Mi A1 - I'm very happy with the upgrade so far! :)

20. joeker Cupcake May 30, 2018