Battery/Charging wont charge after zero percent

1. Azraiyl
    Donut Jan 4, 2018

Azraiyl , Jan 4, 2018 :
    i used my phone for full day until it hit 0 % and auto turn off, after i got home i tried to charge but it shows battery too low. after that its just blank. it doesnt charge, any solution?

Update : its solved

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

n00blit likes this.
  2. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jan 4, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Hate to break it to you but you may have toasted your battery. It is a bad idea to let Li-Ion batteries completely drain. Once they do a coating builds up on the dividing plate preventing them from taking a charge. Try to let the voltage build up as much as possible by not trying to turn it on for a while to see if the charger can jump it back to life. Otherwise you might have to get a replacement battery.

Azraiyl likes this.
  3. psycholyzern
    Froyo Jan 4, 2018

psycholyzern , Jan 4, 2018 :
    I experienced this on my old OPO. Just let the phone charge and check back after a while.

4. n00blit
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

Best Answer
    n00blit , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Leave it off and on charge, it can take a while before it hits 1% don't turn it on until it gets to at least 5%

Azraiyl and Hydra Bob like this.
  5. Azraiyl
    Donut Jan 4, 2018

Azraiyl , Jan 4, 2018 :
    so should i plug it in or not?

6. n00blit
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

n00blit , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Yes, just leave it for a while, maybe 30mins before it gets to 1%

Hydra Bob and Azraiyl like this.
  7. aakashsood
    Jelly Bean Jan 4, 2018

aakashsood , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Never let it fall below 10-15 %

Azraiyl and Hydra Bob like this.
  8. Azraiyl
    Donut Jan 4, 2018

Azraiyl , Jan 4, 2018 :
    ill try the tips thank btw,
    well if this doesnt work, u have any ideas where to get battery replacement?

n00blit likes this.
  9. Davidpieters1978
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2018

10. n00blit
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

n00blit , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Sorry, no idea, contact Oneplus support

Azraiyl likes this.
  11. LilLewis
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2018

LilLewis , Jan 4, 2018 :
    mine kinda did this. I just left it on charge for a while and luckily it started charging :)

12. Nick 59
    Marshmallow Jan 4, 2018

Nick 59 , Jan 4, 2018 :
    This is quite worrying.
    Grateful if OP could let us know how he gets on.

13. Azraiyl
    Donut Jan 4, 2018

Azraiyl , Jan 4, 2018 :
    Phew, thank god it backs to normal, i swear to god i wont let my phone gets under 10 % again.
    and thanks everyone for the the advice.

The story :
    I slept and let my phone charge last night for 5 hours, this morning my phone didnt shown any sign of life, just nothing, blank screen. change the charger and cable doesnt work neither, i tried plug my phone to my pc also doesnt work. just blank screen, no vibrate. no led light.

So i thought maybe my phone brick, i almost gave up, and i saw this unbrick thread, tried to follow the step, and this step where you suppose to press the volume up for at least 10 secs and connect your phone to pc, then my pc start beeping non stop for around 15 secs, after the beeping stops, i tried to continued the steps but my pc still doesnt recognize my phone, so its not possible to continued the steps.

I thought there it is i gave up, while pressing power button and suddenly miracle happen, it vibrates and oneplus logo showed up, i immediately plug it to charger and it booted up normally, the strange thing though it fully charged 100 %. i thought maybe its bugged (im certain its not though) so im still charging it for another hour just in case.

2018 just started and i already had the worst night and couldnt slept well lol.
    i have another phones which is a sony and a lenovo also using lithium battery but i never experience something like this when it reaches really low (automatic off)

1515108659546.jpg

Nick 59 and n00blit like this.
  14. FrederikOlsen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 30, 2018

FrederikOlsen , Jun 30, 2018 :
    i know its a late reply but to insinuate that companies would allow complete discharge is misinforming people they have a software/hardware buffer so it safely shuts down at "0" % while still having a buffer percentage left.