Wormhole

?

Good intentions for 2020 - Do you have any?

1. No

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Yes, spend more time with family, friends, etc.

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Yes, save money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, lose some weight

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Yes, eat healthier

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Yes, do more sports

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Hookers and blackjack (it's not bad!)

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Potato

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  9. It's complicated

18 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

toastytoast1234 , Jun 23, 2017 :
    Seems to me like you & Babs already have enough cowboy boots to outfit a small country.

zepphead, agoinfly and The1Lion like this.
  2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

Get there while you can. Vegas to LA is a pretty cool road trip. Vegas to Florida - not so much.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40339730

Actually I take that back, Vegas to Florida is an awesome road trip, but not so much if you need to be back at work on Monday.

agoinfly, meatandy and The1Lion like this.
  3. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

But holy shit would the forum be a whole different world.

sfomin, JasonMR, Mr. BG and 5 others like this.
  4. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

meatandy and The1Lion like this.
  5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

I honestly have no idea, other than some random scrapes on the wooden floor they didn't leave a lot of clues behind. Not sure of the zoning rules, but for a general idea of the area:-

Well next door is a warehouse of some kind. Not sure about the specifics, I just know they annoy the shit out of me a couple of times a week when they load / unload their van by dropping boxes from a great height. On the plus side, I don't need to feel too guilty about cranking the volume after midnight.

Next to that is... I'm not sure? They've been shut down with a bill post from the bailliffs on their shutters since I moved in.

Next one along is a barber shop, although from what I can tell they spend more time smoking gigantic hookah pipes than they do cutting hair. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm in no need of either.

Finally on the corner we have a post office, which is apparently the worst-reviewed one in the whole of the UK. Apparently the staff are all racist as f*** towards Asian customers, which seems a bit weird since the staff are all Asians as well. Got to love anonymous reviews on Yelp - I can't say I ever saw any examples of that myself, but I'm only in there once a week to pick up Amazon deliveries.

So yeah, a couple of days away from the Wormhole and I'm thinking I should probably have consolidated my replies. Lately a page seems to last half a week, but for some reason it seems like I dodged a particularly turbulent period on the forum, was there something I missed?

6. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

The life of a dog is not that complicated. Shit outside, go crazy wagging your tail when anyone pays any attention to you, and don't chew shoes or electrical cables.

Depending on who you're living with, chewing shoes may be more dangerous than 240V.

jonitfcfan, Mr. BG, agoinfly and 2 others like this.
  7. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Jun 23, 2017

Baymax , Jun 23, 2017 :
    Well. You could always plead the fifth if things take a wrong turn.

jonitfcfan, agoinfly, Dunnow and 2 others like this.
  8. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

9. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

Unless you happen to live in feudal Japan, I'd tend to think it was done a long time ago.

I say that as someone with more hair in their redacted ears than on their head though, so I may be somewhat biased.

The1Lion, jonitfcfan, Mr. BG and 3 others like this.
  10. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 23, 2017

meatandy , Jun 23, 2017 :
    It doesn't seem to be from my time at the sports bar two nights this week.

11. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

What sport were they watching, synchronised flower pressing?

12. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 23, 2017

I once flew from LA to Vegas , hopped in a taxi to the nearest Penske rental truck outlet and drove it back to LA.
    Other than my time that quick turnaround saved me $3K over renting the identical truck in LA.

13. SethRJ
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2017

SethRJ , Jun 23, 2017 :
    cool

14. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 23, 2017

I couldn't keep track , we were sitting outside on the patio chatting and people watching.

Inside they have at the least 40 -50 inch screens going with everything from cricket to water polo and everything in between.

The1Lion, Mr. BG, agoinfly and 2 others like this.
  15. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 23, 2017

The1Lion likes this.
  16. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

I remember when it was practical to do a one-way hire of a 'classic' car for the LA-Vegas trip and feel like you were Hollywood royalty, sadly that loophole seems to have been closed.

On the plus side it's way easier to fly direct from the UK to Vegas now, and you don't need to touch that other cesspit at all.

The1Lion, agoinfly and meatandy like this.
  17. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 23, 2017

Honestly , I wasn't very fond of Vegas , it seems to be a nice place to be from...

18. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong, but if you didn't like Vegas... you were doing it wrong.

Probably. I get that it's not for everyone, but it's on my list of 5 places I would happily live.

(I plucked that number out of my arse without giving it any thought, much like some of my friends seem to use as their strategy for gambling).

The1Lion, jonitfcfan, Mr. BG and 2 others like this.
  19. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 23, 2017

Oddly enough my wife said let's jump in the truck and drive to Tennessee :p

I replied , where Nashville? :rolleyes:

She replied sure why not.:eek:

It might actually happen in July :oops:

Nope the Southwest is out for me/us...

The1Lion, Mr. BG, agoinfly and 2 others like this.
  20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 23, 2017

I also unironically love Nashville, but I would definitely not have that on my list of places to live. A little goes a long way (that's what she said).

The1Lion, agoinfly and meatandy like this.