Wormhole

?

What will be the highlight of the coming Fall (for you) ?

1. Beer

23.3%
  2. Partying

11.6%
  3. Travel

30.2%
  4. Holiday

24.4%
  5. Music Festival/concert

5.8%
  6. Family time

29.7%
  7. Potato

28.5%
  8. All of the above

14.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Sep 13, 2018

Mjo, Rusty NZ, Cheetosdust and 2 others like this.
  2. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

dalmia09 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    I'm sorry, I misinterpreted the title of the article. It's launching with the 6T only.

3. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Lol okay. But, where did they find that pricing? :thinking:

Mjo, Rusty NZ, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  4. Dresa91
    Android Q Sep 13, 2018

5. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

Mjo, Rusty NZ, G_plusone and 4 others like this.
  6. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Sep 13, 2018 :
    I was saving this one for my thread, but since there are already so many of them, I'll just post this here instead.

Please, do enjoy.

;)

7. Shivang Joshi

Mjo, Rusty NZ, G_plusone and 2 others like this.
  8. Shivang Joshi

Yup, just trimming down the video a bit and boom, that's the reality for 2018 :p

9. Cheetosdust

The cockiness on that video and now this. Perfection, OnePlus!

10. Shivang Joshi

Yeap, they are getting better (At not listening to their customers) with every iteration of their device ;)

11. the_o2
    Marshmallow Sep 13, 2018

12. Dresa91
    Android Q Sep 13, 2018

Dresa91 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    good night dude:)

Mjo, the_o2, Rusty NZ and 2 others like this.
  13. Cheetosdust

I'm just going to post here what I've written for my thread, since these forums don't need another thread. This is the draft of my view on the removal of the headphone jack.

I don’t even use the headphone jack anymore since I bought the Bullets Wireless, however, that’s not the point.

Apple started this because it can take this decision as Apple, others followed that decision and I don’t doubt the removal of the jack can make room for some improvements - battery it seems, with the OnePlus 6T.

The problem is, OnePlus is not Apple and the markets they need are very different. When you spend your days here, you can read users asking for FM Radio and IR Blaster and those users seem to be relying on technology that is “old”.

Another problem I have with this decision, is the PR crap the company is trying to spin. If you look at the rumors and leaks, it’s pretty obvious the OnePlus 6T is going to be “inspired” by the R17 or the R17 Pro. Well, guess what, the R17 Pro does not have a headphone jack.

Also, Carl mentioned a new tech and improved battery performance. The R17 Pro has two batteries and Super VOOC, something that’s probably be called Warp Charging.

Just because OnePlus is removing a feature I don’t use or care anymore, it doesn’t make it alright. I’m sure a lot of fans still love and use that port, I’m sure a lot of them don’t want to buy a pair of Wireless or USB-C Bullets. I’m sure a lot of them want to charge the phone and listen to something at the same time.

The sales are going to be great and yeah, the OnePlus 6T will be a great phone, sure. However, we live in a culture where the headphone jack is also a barometer to check what companies still care. For example, the Note 9 is crazy expensive, but in almost every review you can read or hear someone say “and Samsung still cares for its fans with the option to use the headphone jack”.

It’s an option, a loved one and one I can’t be so selfish about that I don’t care just because I don’t use anymore.

With this - especially with the OnePlus 6 and now the OnePlus 6T - OnePlus seems to be going after the flagships. Problem is that if your phone tries to go after what the flagships have in common, but lacking in other departments, well, maybe I’ll just pick a flagship and call it a day then.

And, ironically, when Xiaomi is going after OnePlus jugular in a key market like India, offering all they can with the Poco tagged with a lower price, OnePlus response is pissing off their user base there. I know the decision to remove the headphone jack was probably made before the Poco was announced, however, this just feeds into the “I’m done with OnePlus” thinking a lot of users were already ready to take.

This won’t change anything, however, for me is just another decision that shows that OnePlus is just a rebranded branch of BBK . Hmm, the whole community thing is more and more us talking to each other, it seems. If that’s the case, well, perhaps I’ll just continue to talk and buy the best Android smartphone I can.

Nowadays, it seems OnePlus cares about these voices as much as Google or Samsung do. Key difference is: their phones are better.

Mjo, Deepak.Si, the_o2 and 5 others like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi

Thank you for this post :) I read it all and agree with what you'd to say there.

-From OnePlus 5 with a headphone plugged into the headphone jack (Bullets Wireless - Charging)

1536863136950.jpg

Mjo, Deepak.Si, the_o2 and 5 others like this.
  15. BeingIncog
    Nougat Sep 13, 2018

BeingIncog , Sep 13, 2018 :
    awesome!!!

16. Cheetosdust

OnePlus can even argue the Wireless Bullets are convenient. They are, if you buy them - same the new ones (if you don't want to charge your phone at the same time).

It is what it is, I just hope that after this, the company doesn't try and use the whole "we listen to you". You listen to BBK and what it seems to be a fixation on what Apple allows the Android market to do.

At least we have the awesome Crystal, Ruby, David, the mod team and some people on the forums.

Mjo, Deepak.Si, the_o2 and 7 others like this.
  17. dalmia09
    Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

dalmia09 , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Right on point. Totally agree!

Mjo, Rusty NZ, G_plusone and 3 others like this.
  18. Shivang Joshi

Yup, maybe the new Bullets would be convenient as well, but I would love to have an option, which is used daily by a ton of people.

Yeap, true. Statements like "we listen to you" or " we listen to our community" or "Created together with our fans" are not valid anymore!

True and we're here because of them.

Mjo, Deepak.Si, Rusty NZ and 3 others like this.
  19. sommersy
    KitKat Sep 13, 2018

sommersy , Sep 13, 2018 :
    Hello woholians =)

Yay indeed!...they may end up regretting that so much :D

Yep...3.5mm jack: uh, like... forever o_O -2018.

Mjo, the_o2, Rusty NZ and 4 others like this.
  20. Cheetosdust

And after all of this, I hope you are feeling happy, Wormhole - and forums.

Always take care of each other and don't let tech, or anything else, come between the friendships you make here.

If you can feel that, it's all that matters and I'll be happy. The rest is silicone, bits and bytes.

From me, with all the love, a hug,
    Cheetos

Mjo, Deepak.Si, the_o2 and 6 others like this.