Wormhole

1. Aarav Sahni
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 26, 2020

Aarav Sahni , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Yeah , planning to take up computer science but the competition is making it even tougher.

2. Bittoo06
    Jelly Bean Nov 26, 2020

Bittoo06 , via OnePlus Community App , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Chillax! You'll get it easily! Getting a college ain't tough. Easily you'll make to IITs or NITs!

3. IamIRONSman
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Nov 26, 2020

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Nov 26, 2020

5. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 26, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , Nov 26, 2020 :
    We are fine, what about you? Schooling in India is comparatively more tougher and competitive compared to other countries due to high population and lesser job opportunities. Online classes are really not so good. So, I am really waiting for offline classes to begin, as they are better than online ones. JEE coaching is about 8 hrs on Saturday and 8 hrs on Sunday, plus school hours extra, so EYES ARE GONE!
    Exams are going on as usual. Here is quote for all students like us - "There is always an exam upcoming, so study" :)
    Students currently in class 12th, like @Aarav Sahni haven't even stepped in their Labs and they have their Science Board Practicals in January, so it is kind of tense.
    Class 11th students like me and @Aditya Javadekar have to keep up with the large syllabus to be on track and keep up with the competition, so, studies are kind of stressful here right now. But we are coping with the conditions, like the whole world!
    I hope that conditions in Europe are a little better than here!

6. Aarav Sahni

I hope I do 😬...fingers crossed 🤞

7. Aarav Sahni

^^^^^ very true ^^^^^

.·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

8. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 26, 2020

Aarav Sahni, G_plusone, SRD. and 3 others like this.
  9. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Nov 26, 2020 :
    My friend all the best for her. For sure everything will be fine.

10. RoyDecoy

RoyDecoy , via OnePlus 7 , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Chill out guys!
    5 years back I was in the same situation (minus the pandemic)
    I too was a little stressed but never for the practicals and board exams, they are just a joke for JEE candidates.

And you know what? You will miss your school days after getting into engineering 😂
    The real competition awaits you, and tbh IIT or not, if you are into academics you are going to do well, if you are into competitive coding, you are going to get a good job.

So, don't stress much about the exam/results, just be honest to yourself while preparing.
    The work ethic, resilience and ability to push yourself is what is going to help you be successful in future.

11. BeingIncog
    Nougat Nov 26, 2020

BeingIncog , Nov 26, 2020 :
    No but need help?

12. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 26, 2020

Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot for your kind words. I really don't care about boards or the practicals. The only thing currently important for me is my JEE coaching classes. School is a relaxing place for me, so sometimes I attend the school online classes.
    But we really are missing school life. We are in our final years (almost, but @Aarav Sahni only has a few months left to leave school) and we haven't even stepped once in our classroom or met any of our classmates except the ones who are with us from previous class (10th).
    And don't know why, but I find chilling to be more difficult than studying chemical equilibrium . Even when I'm watching TV. some sort of tension is in my mind for studying instead of watching. But as I said, we gotta cope and study, the race for top colleges (IIT. NIT, DTU, NSIT, IIIT) is really tough. If we fall behind, we'll lose, but there's always a way to get success. And to be honest, losing concentration and getting phased out from the present is kind of experienced by a majority of JEE Aspirants this year due to the poor quality of online classes as compared to offline classes. If I was having offline classes right now, I would've been 10 times less stressed due to the environment in schools and coaching institutes. But following the same routine everyday for the past 10 months has wore me and the other students out - wake up, get fresh, study, eat, study, relax, study, study, study, study. Nothing else, no interaction with friends (except my WoHo family) , no interaction with teachers who could help in these conditions and literally no thrill for examinations - they come and go without that thrill which we had till last year when we gave exams in schools and exam centres. Sitting on one chair at one desk for the entire day from 8am to 1 am night kills my mind. And I do excercise if you suspect that I remain seated with no physical movement. But it is really tiring. The experience of going to school everyday or to coaching centres was different, and I am trying hard not to think about the merry days, when studying was fun and was with friends.
    So, we study, not for ourselves but for our colleges. This may sound offensive to some, but can't turn my face away from reality.
    And this is kind of a sensitive topic for me and the Wormhole is my safe place away from all that stress. So l refrain myself from talking about this here. But I wrote a lot because I can't stop expressing my feelings currently in this situation.
    I am really sorry if my words offend anyone or disappointed anyone, but for me, this is the reality, and the world is not exactly like a fairytale for me this year and the next year till JEE 2022. This sums up all my feelings.
    @Aditya Javadekar @Aarav Sahni

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020

13. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Nov 26, 2020

14. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Good afternoon Helder:)

good evening wormies:)

15. puccellino
    Lollipop Nov 26, 2020

puccellino , Nov 26, 2020 :
    Nono......you are allowed to......thats the good thing about places like this. I read, what you wrote, and you wrote from the heart, its all genuine emotion. And sometimes its easier to tell a stranger and let off steam, than talk to the people you see day in day out.

So, it's fine. You sound stressed, but not depressed, which is better that what many might be going through.

If its any consolation, every single person gets stressed about something , and we all have our own way of dealing it. Sounds like you just need a stress buster, something to let it all out.

If writing about it on the forum helps .....great....do it.

🙂

16. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Nov 26, 2020

17. Dresa91