worst camera

1. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2018

Herbert_Lagos , May 15, 2018 :
    Hahaha.... You just delivered definite proof of your total ignorance not knowing even the type of Sony Sensors used on op5t....

For your ignorance to improve... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exmor

Sensor imx398 introduced early 2017 on op5 and later on T has been the top Sony sensor!

You really better stay quiet because by showing your evident ignorance is extremely embarrassing.... for you!

NahbiCris and otto2 like this.
  2. tqqq
    Gingerbread May 15, 2018

tqqq , May 15, 2018 :
    Where did your "top" come from? imx398 sensor size is not even half of what p20 pro uses. imx398 is a special cheap sensor for oppo phones.

3. daMorphine
    Honeycomb May 15, 2018

daMorphine , May 15, 2018 :
    lots of redundant threads, but still no fix. let me list some of the phones my friends have - S7, iPhone 5, 7, and 8, Google Pixel and Xiaomi Mi6. what if i told you none of them face Oilpaint issue. And the fact that it appeared since Oreo, i just can't digest that this effect is natural. And i did not create a redundant thread for this, since this thread was a discussion about the camera performance so i wrote my experience.

4. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2018

Comparing a brand new phone on the market with 40 MP sensor with op5t is completely ridiculous. Not to speak about the price you pay for p20...

There are basic rules, like "only compare what is comparable"!

otto2 likes this.
  5. tqqq
    Gingerbread May 15, 2018

tqqq , May 15, 2018 :
    There is different level of painting effect (noise). Op phone sensor size is not even half of p20 pro, of course op phone has horrible painting effect at night. Latest redmi has better sensor than any op phone.

6. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2018

It is redundant about oilpainting effect. Also you should search as I said about why it exists...
    No oilpaint = more noise
    No noise = more oilpaint

As simple as that. I will not argue more with you as you seem not to understand that

otto2 likes this.
  7. tqqq
    Gingerbread May 15, 2018

tqqq , May 15, 2018 :
    Op calls itself flagship killer, now you says dont compare to real flagship?

Even latest redmi ko any op phone camera. Just search for latest redmi photos, i dont see anyone saying it is very painting effort. How about u ultra? Only around 250 us dollars can ko op phone camera.

8. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2018

I did lots of testing and sply must say this useless discussions about oilpaint effect should be banned... Mostly people do complain about it when shooting pics zooming in and low-light.... Result =oilpaint. Then they start whining and Complaining...

Folks learn how to youse the camera on your phone... Use your brains!

otto2 likes this.
  9. Q1524368970741
    Eclair May 15, 2018

10. Herbert_Lagos
    Jelly Bean May 15, 2018

LOL.... are you a professional clown? P20 in 2018 compared to models from 2017, also much more expensive?????
    Of course the p20 must be better. If you want to compare, do it with similar models from the same year. Technological evolution goes fast. Every six months your brand-new item is outdated...

Now I quit, no patience for pointless discussions!

NahbiCris and otto2 like this.
  11. i030809
    Froyo May 15, 2018

i030809 , May 15, 2018 :
    My cameras of OP3 and OP5 are degrading, but not because of the updates, but because of the daily use (scratches, falls, ...). The updates are the best thing from OnePlus... I used to have Samsung devices (S and Note series), and I change to OnePlus, because they are much more efficient to provide good updates.

12. tqqq
    Gingerbread May 15, 2018

tqqq , May 15, 2018 :
    6t is just 4 months ago and still very expensive. As I just said latest redmi and u ultra can ko 5t camera without trying and mich cheaper price.

13. tqqq
    Gingerbread May 15, 2018

tqqq , May 15, 2018 :
    Op 5 or 5t camera is worse than op3 or 3t, we call that cut cost to earn your hard earning money. I dont see how your tech evolution comes from when seeing how op gives you a worse than op3 camera after 3 models upgrade.

14. Rime29
    Gingerbread May 15, 2018

Rime29 , May 15, 2018 :
    nope, wrong , TFW???

Herbert_Lagos likes this.
  15. daMorphine
    Honeycomb May 15, 2018

You may be right and I'm not arguing. What's wrong in asking help from the forums? I admit that I'm a photography noob and i am no better than you. You know your domain better than me. But i want to ask someone else if they experienced the same. To cut the BS, does anyone think nougat was better than oreo in terms of camera or is it just me.

16. AnubhavVandkar
    Honeycomb May 15, 2018

AnubhavVandkar , May 15, 2018 :
    One thing for all this argument.
    'The grass is always greener on the other side'.
    Call me old fashioned

17. Rime29
    Gingerbread May 15, 2018

Rime29 , May 15, 2018 :
    daMorphine

You may be right and I'm not arguing. What's wrong in asking help from the forums? I admit that I'm a photography noob and i am no better than you. You know your domain better than me. But i want to ask someone else if they experienced the same. To cut the BS, does anyone think nougat was better than oreo in terms of camera or is it just me.

Ricardo:

I don't know, I have been using op5t for a week and I went from naugat to oreo 8.1 (ididnot try naugat) and from there I tried the camera and at first I thought the software had problems but it was not the case the more you use the camera the more you know how the camera is working , I've seen lots of reviews and many of them were already 6 months old and say that the camera does not do what it promises but this is because they do not know much about the cameras, I do not want to talk about it much now , do your research I've done mine and what I have to say that the camera of the oneplus 5 T is better than the s8 + and is not a mid-range camera

Herbert_Lagos likes this.
  18. daMorphine
    Honeycomb May 15, 2018

okay. seems convincing. i wish i could go back to nougat without data loss bc there are way too many apps installed on my phone right now and nougat offered less max available storage. And someone told me OnePlus Switch's recover functionality did not work on Nougat.

19. AnubhavVandkar
    Honeycomb May 15, 2018

AnubhavVandkar , May 15, 2018 :
    Google will restore all your apps with the data.
    I'm on Nougat currently. Have you never tried feature before?
    Shows to why it's the most underrated feature of Google

20. Ddaavvidd
    Eclair May 15, 2018

Ddaavvidd , May 15, 2018 :
    I think so. they are forcing us to buy oneplus 6
    they always say we have the voice ... they listen us. but that isn't true.... I mean everyone here wants improve the camera.. all time everyone is complaining about it so why don't they listen us ????