Worst Experience Ever!!!!! via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Infectedmatthew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 14, 2021 :
    Hello guys. I am very upset!!! I have got my first oneplus 9 pro and it is disaster! Everybody else is using facebook messenger chat heads and here is this the worst creature ever , called bubbles. Why? Every other UI said NO to this bu$$$$t bubbles. Why is Oneplus trying to use everything from stock android? Bubble icons are small, it is very laggy and uncomfortable. I have another phone, S21 ultra and there is Chat heads like it was before (before there was bubbles too but they said hello to bubbles)

I do not understand and i am very upset, particularly i have an android phone without chat heading messenger, i had to disable bubbles. Funny fact is that only reason why i am not on iOS is chat heads features and i have to use an android phone without chat heads lol.

Also selfie night mode, why are not they adding that feature, it is just a software, nothing else, also moon mode. It has 30x and my s21 ultra detects moon on 30x without any issues, but this 30x Oneplus is nothing.

subsidiary likes this.
  2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Oct 14, 2021

Dresa91 , Oct 14, 2021 :
    well, people love OnePlus and OxygenOS because it is close to stock Android,....

for your selfie night mode, please submit your feedback via https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

3. dom_k
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Oct 14, 2021

dom_k , Oct 14, 2021 :
    If you don't want them, just turn them off. Just search for "bubbles" in the settings.

EDIT: Ok you already disabled them. I think you will see this lags also on S21 and others A11 phones, Facebook just messed this up. It's time to say goodbye to bubbles. And the moon mode it will be little bit useless compared next to S21 Ultra because it has 10x periscope telephoto.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021

4. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 14, 2021

Mr. BG , Oct 14, 2021 :
    If you get upset that easy because of an Android feature which, by my knowledge, you can simply switch off I seriously worry about your mental health.

I know the pandemic has been hard on all of us, and maybe in your case it's even harder than I can imagine.

The solution to this is to switch off the bubbly stuff, switch off your phone, go out and get some fresh air.

Enjoy the blue sky, the sun and wind on your face, say hi to the people you meet on the way to your favourite forest.

Cuddle that friendly cat or donkey you meet, just enjoy the buzz of busy bees and that beautiful butterfly..

If that doesn't put things in perspective, call your doctor for prescription drugs.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021

5. Infectedmatthew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 14, 2021 :
    I know how to use bubbles. I have problem with bubbles on messenger, not on other apps. Other android phones now are able to use Chat heads over to Bubbles. Thats what i am talking

6. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2021

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 14, 2021 :
    Wait for the integrated OS. That might solve your issue.

Artemus likes this.
  7. Infectedmatthew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 14, 2021 :
    Lol that's how community works? What an advices? Lol :) i have a great mental health, but when i pay 1099€ on a phone which can't give me enough and what i want (the other brands are trying their best) i really have to worry. I am upset because it is lagging after i thought it was an upgrade, not downgrade. This is off topic what are you talking, so hope moderators are controlling off topic as well as you telling me advices

8. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Oct 14, 2021

Mr. BG , Oct 14, 2021 :
    Yes, we're just members, like you.

Don't take it all too serious, it's just life, a phone, bubbly stuff. If moderators take offense I'm sure they'll beat my sorry behind with a big stick.

Have a very nice day too..

9. dom_k
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Oct 14, 2021

dom_k , Oct 14, 2021 :
    If I understand correctly, samsung on A11 has some of their better bubbles called chat heads and they work ok?

10. Infectedmatthew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 14, 2021 :
    It doesnt look like you say. I am having issues, different people, different priorities :) you are telling me to go and breathe fresh ari, despite of talking about solution or something. What is offensive? It is offensive too, to talk to strange people about mental health problem and giving "cure recipe" without certification tho. I think it is a off topic and most of normal ways, off topic is offense too. Have a luck

11. Infectedmatthew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 14, 2021 :
    No, you did not get it correctly.

It has been always existed chat heads feature on messenger, it is similar to bubbles, it was on all android phones and was Messenger's feature, not android's. When android 11 become, they developed new system and applications notification mechanism, called bubbles, which is similar of Facebook Messenger's chat heads, but they removed chat heads from messenger's application and moved it in software notification system. So bubbles work on google messages, telegram, fb messenger and etc and chat head was just a messenger's feature which was more optimized. 2 weeks ago, all android phones which are not based on stock android, removed bubbles feature because of lots of lags and got back messenger's chat heads which is better way way better than bubbles. I dont know if i explained it correctly but i think you understand.

dom_k likes this.
  12. Infectedmatthew , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 14, 2021 :
    S20 FE has 3X optical zoom and 30X digital like oneplus 9 pro but still can shoot moon. Same with mate 20 pro. It is software brother, believe me :)

Bubbles was great idea but laggy and not optimized, most of while gaming, bubbles was awful, most of laggy. Yes, it is correct, that chat heads used more battery than bubbles do, but still, it needs some redesign, you have no button for inbox messages without going in messenger app, also it is showing on halfway and turns off often. I dont know. I dont judge oneplus for creating bubbles, because it did google not oneplus, i judge oneplus because of using them.

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 14, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 14, 2021 :
    On 12 I can finally start i using bubbles again (gave up on them on 11). Not perfect but they are without the minor and major issues that affected the whole system that I easily could replicate on 11. And that is a huge step in the right direction.

puccellino, Liehjan, Mr. BG and 2 others like this.