...worth the investment?

1. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

delhidiwaana , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Hello Friends,

Brief Intro: I am Amit and from Delhi (India). Married ~8 years back and blessed with 2 kids (an angel (F) and a notorious one (M)).

My question is NOT about OPO itself (as I am here to buy one, the day I could put my hands on an invite from a friend among you all)... but is related to a bigger issue here:

My wife has a Nexus4 since last ~2 years and she has been using it only for messaging, whatsapp, calling and clicking (pics and videos), literally... nothing else!

Once I get an invite (my god shower his blessings soon), should I handover this new one to my wife and use her old Nexus myself (which has been the trend so long); or should I look to keep this one with me?

Frankly, I prefer the second option, but looking your help to get correct answer (so that I will not feel bad later on my choice... so :) )...!

Regards,

Struktogramm likes this.
  2. stefan1234
    Donut Sep 21, 2014

JamalOP, rayzard and delhidiwaana like this.
  3. Deactivated User
    Sep 21, 2014

rayzard and delhidiwaana like this.
  4. EvilSpeaks
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

AmanoJyaku, rayzard and delhidiwaana like this.
  5. stefan1234
    Donut Sep 21, 2014

rayzard and delhidiwaana like this.
  6. disrupter
    Honeycomb Sep 21, 2014

disrupter , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Keep the OPO and sell the wife's Nexus. With the extra cash you can buy some beer (for you) and an old Nokia for her

7. avinashadvani
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2014

AmanoJyaku and delhidiwaana like this.
  8. Linanc7
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2014

Linanc7 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    The size will likely be a drawback for your wife. I am female and adore my but no way can I use it with one hand.Other than that she would find the phone for the uses you mentioned.

delhidiwaana likes this.
  9. xf4d3
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 21, 2014

xf4d3 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    What phone are you using now then?
    And that will you use the OPO for?

10. Akisra
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

Akisra , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Haha fancy meeting you here! ;)

This phone is not for everyone. The size and ergonomics can put someone off, and I know a couple of people who don't like it.

Also, if your wife is awesome with technology I would say she may like this phone. My favorite quote about this phone is it's "stock Android on steroids". Cyanogen has made great tweaks to it but it is only moderately user friendly, and a little more complicated than stock because it has features you will not find on any other phone.

As to who keeps the phone. I'd play with it first and if I love it, keep it. Also it'd let her learn the phone so that way when the pre-order system comes out you have the option of getting her one that way. ;)

(Personally, I'd try to keep it, but if my loved one gave me those horrible puppy dog eyes, it would be hard not to give in! So that's why I'd just get two XD)

delhidiwaana likes this.
  11. mtapalla
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

delhidiwaana likes this.
  12. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

Thats what I was much afraid of, dear friend!
    In fact, you just mentioned words which I have been hearing from her as well, since we are married!

Flyingkackhaufen and mtapalla like this.
  13. mtapalla
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

mtapalla , Sep 21, 2014 :
    LOL. Then I think you have your answer. Shouldn't have told her what it was. #someregret

14. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

quite familiar a response... wonder why my wife is not thinking of buying one and gifting to her better half, then me doing the thinking only... !

Akisra and mtapalla like this.
  15. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

exactly... +1 for your kind response! :)

16. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

I can feel some vibes, mate... where do I need to meet for the beer ??
    :)

17. Akisra
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

Akisra , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Good point! Maybe she should look for something to make it up to you!

18. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

just 3 months of hard struggle... you be ready for all that itching and the extreme care (to be alert all time not to let her pluck anything!) :D

stefan1234 likes this.
  19. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014

As evilspeaks!! :D thanks

20. delhidiwaana
    Froyo Sep 21, 2014