Worth to buy Y series 43 inch tv ? via OnePlus 3T

1. tarunhasija
    Eclair Apr 7, 2021

tarunhasija , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 7, 2021 :
    I have seen multiple reviews and threads and people facing multiple issues with Oneplus Y series 43 inch tv.

So is it still worth to buy Y series 43 inch tv or not ?

Most of TV of all companies are having same configuration/mixed reviews.

2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 7, 2021

Tokolozi , Apr 7, 2021 :
    Remember most posts you're seeing here will be negative with issue, most people don't really go online to make a post for good experiences.

lokeshsurya2 and tarunhasija like this.
  3. harimadhav
    Honeycomb Apr 9, 2021

harimadhav , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 9, 2021 :
    Here are the main issues you might face.
    The 43 inch Y series is powered by a lower clocked cpu paired with only 1 Gb of ram. So that would mean that if you might not be able to install many apps (did I mention the low usable space) and the ones you have installed could lag a bit dur to the low available memory.
    It's a Full HD VA panel, not fancy Uhd 4k IPS, qled or Oled panel so if your main intention is to watch high quality videos (Netflix and chill being the term of choice) then you might be limited to normal HD quality and the viewing angles are limited to the from of the tv. (no complaints here as that is also good.) said:
    It's not all negative.
    The TV boasts a DCI -P3 93% which translates to a vivid and accurate colour reproduction.
    It's paired with a 20W speakers that support Dolby Audio which is quite good for a small family room.
    It is an almost bezel less display which would present you with a feeling of wider viewing experience.
    It has all the connectivity options including two HDMI and USB ports for your needs.
    Oneplus connect app support for controlling the TV with your android phone.
    Now you have to know that the Y series is a budget oriented TV and hence the features may be limited but considering the price you pay for the device, it's quite good and if you are interested watching standard hd content with some light android tv action, then go for it, otherwise I would suggest you to rethink your options.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021

4. tarunhasija
    Eclair Apr 10, 2021

tarunhasija , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Thanks for the detailed information.. Also if you have information about the lag issue. I know there is lag in the Tv but is it bearable or take long time to respond?

Also what's the lifespan of TV. Is it durable ?

Thanks in advance

Yash Pratap Singh. likes this.
  5. harimadhav
    Honeycomb Apr 10, 2021

harimadhav , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 10, 2021 :
    I haven't had an opportunity to see the TV yet, I have been using the 55inch U series which in my opinion doesn't have the lag issue and is a worthy update for a family. Do consider that one if you have a better budget

As for the lag being bearable, depends on person to person. I for one don't like apps taking time to load and always wonder why the tv takes time to switch on. From what I know so far, the one Gb ram would result in some slower app opening time and sluggish operation at times. But as I said if your main use for the tv is to view cable/ dth content, then you can go for it. But as an android TV if you are purchasing this then you might have to know the limitations.

The TV comes with a one year warranty. And you can add an extended warranty of one or two years by third party if you are purchasing the TV from Amazon. As for the durability, well since the android updates would stop coming after a while, the softwares may feel outdated after a while, but the hardware would last for few more years in normal usage.

6. tarunhasija
    Eclair Apr 10, 2021

tarunhasija , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 10, 2021 :
    Thanks mate for the reply 🙏

7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 11, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 11, 2021 :
    @tarunhasija Hey, the OnePlus TV 43Y1 is a good TV choice, but you can also consider some similarly priced 4K alternatives on the internet since 43Y1 is FHD (1080p). But overall, with specs and awesome speakers, I don't think that there will be any discomfort using the TV as a daily source of entertainment.
    And really great job @harimadhav, well written 👌

harimadhav, Venky61 and tarunhasija like this.
  8. tarunhasija
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

tarunhasija , via OnePlus 3T , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Thanks yash 🙏

9. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 11, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Most TVs in the market are running A10/9 (except the newly launched TCL TV with A11) so I think that all OnePlus TVs will get A10 before they reach EOL since they keep up with the hardware also 🤞

Venky61 likes this.
  10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 11, 2021

Venky61 likes this.
  11. tarunhasija
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

Venky61 and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 11, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    Hey..
    Sure man...
    Been using from only the last 1-2 weeks. The display is good for FHD display for the price range. Don't expect wonders in the colors or accuracy but does the job for regular OTT app viewing and SetTop box content. I have not installed too many apps as I know the capability of the TV with 1GB Ram and 8GB storage. So with the default apps and 3-4 extra OTT apps I installed it runs smoothly without much of hiccups, atleast till now. Sound is decent and loud enough for small size room. For a bigger room, you might wanna invest in a Soundbar for better experience. Had super fast delivery and installation, all within 2 days of order.
    The Issues I faced till now are
    1. TV starts to open with HDMI connection instead of Android TV interface.
    2. Some of the Text and Interfaces are poorly designed, make you feel that you are looking at a low resolution display, but this shouldn't effect your regular viewing experience.
    3. ScreenCasting has a lot of lag. But am assuming that this would be same in all the similar priced entry level Android TVs.
    4. Build Quality could be better.

Now the mixed reviews in the internet are am sure the same for all Entry Level TVs. Users are just transitioning from the Non-Smart Braded TVs to Android TVs and they expect the Smart TV to run like Smart phone. This is where the reality hits and users get dissapointed. Not to forget the adaptation to the low cost LEDs from theri earlier experience of lower sized LCD TVs. So, if you buy the TV with the right expecatations, you wouldn't be dissapointed IMO.
    I am yet to test in-depth but not getting the time. May take 2-3 weeks more to gauge it's performance.

Hope this helps. You can let me know if you have specific questions about it, do let me know.

13. tarunhasija
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

Thanks for the detailed information.. I am just looking for a decent TV where I can watch OTT contents like Netflix, YouTube, prime video and one or two platforms smoothly.. I am not a gaming person so doesn't requires much app/games.. for sound purpose I will buy speaker/soundbar no issue with it.

Picture quality is fine in this price range..

I have seen multiple user reported that after some days screen goes black, red spots, lines on the screen. I just don't want to face this so just wanted to check if this happening on most of the TV or some user might installed heavy games or something?? Have you faced this kind of issue yet ? Also do app crashed in this TV or run smoothly ?

Thanks 👍👍

Venky61 likes this.
  14. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 11, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 11, 2021 :
    I cannot guarantee that you won't face any issue with respect to TV failure. That's the risk with all the TVs IMO and the % failure seems to be lower in Sony, Samsung and LG compared to the new brands that exploded the market these days. The more important factor you need to be worried about is the Service. If any issue arises, how fast and efficient the repair would be. To be frank, right now the track record of OnePlus in TV segment hasn't been great for after sales. There are users who are struggling to get the part replaced and some got it done within couple of weeks. It depends on the location, type of repair and spare part availability. So in short, the after sales is the weakest link for now.
    I have friend who bought Mi 43" TV and the display is gone twice in one year. So it's a risk we have to accept if we wanna save money. Otherwise LG, Samsung and Sony are the best ones to go with for worry free usage.
    And I did not face any app crash or red spots or lines yet.

tarunhasija likes this.
  15. tarunhasija
    Eclair Apr 11, 2021

Cool.. thanks for valuable information.🙏🙏

Stay safe..

16. harimadhav
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

harimadhav , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I know this is a bit random, but if you are just looking for watching some ott content like prime, Netflix, YouTube and some others, you can also do the same with a normal non smart/non android lcd/led tv (if such things do exist these days) by opting for an Amazon fire stick. It does come in handy and before using the 55u, I was truly accustomed to viewing ott on the fire stick on my old micromax 43" TV. (Prime, zee5, Viki, Voot, hotstar, YouTube and whatnot)

Not sure if there are any such available with the influx of cheaper android TVs with better specifications though.
    But it's worth looking into.

17. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Apr 14, 2021

harimadhav likes this.