Would be a Shame if redmi k20 pro gets Android 11 before OnePlus 7t n 7t pro via OnePlus 7T

1. Tarifkh
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2021

Tarifkh , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    Part of my research shows that all the elder version has been updated with Android 11 version but 7t version which has been launched on September of 2019 hasn't still got its stable Android 11 version while rumoured are heard that redmi k20 which was launched on may of 2019 is about to get it's stable version of Android 11..

2. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

3. domestoboto
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2021

4. Tarifkh
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2021

sravan donugari likes this.
  5. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Jan 26, 2021 :
    It's better to release OxygenOS 11 MP version fully tested rather than bricking devices (Mi A3 users impacted by a faulty Android 11 update that bricked their phones)

I am not defending OnePlus (OxygenOS 11 update is their headache). I just want that Users should not bear any consequences due to haste.

6. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

There is no MP version without releasing Beta before.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  7. domestoboto
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2021

domestoboto , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    But consider that Mi 10T (Pro) WAS updated to Android 11 with absolutely minimal issues; if anything, it seemed deliberate that Xiaomi brick the Android One phone but not their ad-heavy MIUI phones.

Also, consider the PROMPTNESS in coding the update and releasing it as a closed/open Beta or general release. OP has been absolutely pathetic in that front as of late. It should have started coding the 11 update for the 7 Series as soon as the 8 Series got theirs.

8. Shailender Sharma
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

Agree!
    I think Xiaomi has deployed resources in Developers team better than OnePlus as of now.

9. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 26, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 26, 2021 :
    And? Who cares?

Again with this "who gets it first" BS. How old are you? 12?

When there was no beta: where's the beta??
    When the beta came out: where's the stable release?
    When the final release comes out: why don't we get features from more expensive phones?

You children always find something to complain and moan about.

I don't know if you noticed, but there was (and maybe still is) a problem with decryption during the upgrade on the OnePlus 7 series which has delayed the development

10. Dsquared1955 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 26, 2021 :
    We call that mentality "Keeping up with the Joneses". What does it matter in the grand scheme of things?🙄🤔

ghostofcain likes this.
  11. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jan 26, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jan 26, 2021 :
    Sure, they did a fine job with the Mi A3:rolleyes:

Sheppards and Shailender Sharma like this.
  12. Sheppards

Yes, there actually matters

For one, I have to read all the moaning, cluttering the forum

Second people who are obsessed with other people's stuff usually develop some kind of inferiority complex, which is not the best thing to have. Always being envious about other people, being dissatisfied with everything.

Burt who am I to give psychological advice💁

13. Dsquared1955 , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 26, 2021 :
    I believe that is a pretty fair assessment.

Since I am probably a helluva lot older than most people posting, I just shake my head at the impatience and sense of entitlement.

ghostofcain and Sheppards like this.
  14. Sheppards

Agreed

I'm definitely in favour of waiting a month or two for a more stable and less buggy end product.

Especially when Android 11 itself doesn't really have that much to look forward to anyway.

15. sravan donugari
    Eclair Jan 27, 2021

sravan donugari , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 27, 2021 :
    I think OnePlus 7T wil have to wait until February End to get the Android 11 stable , seeing the current scenario of Slow update from OnePlus, we can only except till February End, I think OnePlus is really getting Slow in android updates, Samsung and Xiaomi have really surprised with there Quick Android Updates, hope OnePlus Listen to this.

Edward1818 and techsteppler like this.