Would you pay extra for an NFC-enabled OnePlus 2?

?

Would you pay extra for an NFC-enabled OnePlus 2?

1. Yes, definitely!

239 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. Probably, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

67 vote(s)
    10.8%
  3. No, it should've been included from the start.

130 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. No, I'm fine without NFC support.

187 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. CasperTFG
    KitKat Jul 30, 2015

2. Tubbylarge
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

Tubbylarge , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I'm not fussed about NFC in the OP2.

I would rather pay less and not have NFC.

Good choice OnePlus.

3. scribler
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2015

scribler , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I use NFC and I won't be buying a phone that doesn't have it. Looks like the OP2 is not in my future.

4. jrami45
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

jrami45 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    NFC isn't a must this year for the Oneplus 2... Example. If android pay was to take off successfully then it would be some time in mid to late 2016. It makes sense for Oneplus to have not include it at launch, I'm sure that people, just like me are still excited for the Oneplus 2 :D

5. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

ronc777can , Jul 30, 2015 :
    It's actually £50 more, $60 USD, $70 CAD. If it was actually £20 approx 40 CAD yeah that's not that much more. I would still get the 64 Gb version but I'm sure some people who may not be as fortunate would prefer to have cheap memory expansion. I really doubt it's just 5% of people who use NFC. There's enough people on these forums that do care about NFC as a feature.

Yeah it's a phone, but these days it's also a mobile computing device. I can store movies, videos, pictures, music. You do know that a single FLAC file is usually around 30 Mb. I have also worked on files and presentations on my phone, as well as android apps and maps takes up Gb's of memory. I also like photography and taking videos. It's not that hard to fill 64 Gb. Maybe you can keep stuff in the cloud, but not everyone has a huge data plan or WiFi everywhere. I certainly do use various clouds but I don't touch them unless I have WiFi and certainly clouds still don't have ton of space nor can you access them without internet. I value offline access to things as well. I guess given how small Britain is you can get reception and internet everywhere. That's not the case in other places.

6. yetiweston
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

yetiweston , Jul 30, 2015 :
    You will also find the majority of people with their knickers in a twist over NFC actually don't use it and are just jumping on the bandwagon. The vast majority have never used it in their life!

I can see your point and maybe I am doing well to have unlimited data etc but 64gb for the general user is more than enough. You may use more I don't, you may need NFC I don't.

I think the OP2 is a pretty awesome phone and can't wait to get my hands on it. Yes some people might miss a thing or too but that's just life and compared to LG, Sammy Apple etc its very good value for money

7. cody1960

cody1960 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Me either! Except for the one's out there who want to steal information from your phone! No Way!

8. puremind

puremind , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I thought the same but regarding quick charging. OnePlus have already confirmed that the connectors are not for NFC.

Something is really fishy about the lack of quickcharge though - why would they go with 3h10 min when the 1+1 only needed 1h30min? It makes absolutely no sense. I am pretty sure it is because they want to sell a Type C Quick Charger in the coming weeks.

9. Deactivated User
    Jul 30, 2015

10. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Jul 30, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I would be willing to pay more but at 450 it better have something else besides NFC. How much more could it cost? 450 is still better than paying iPhone costs however.

11. interfece
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

12. RGoolcharan
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

RGoolcharan , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I agree, this should be incorporated A.S.A.P

13. Baumoode
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

Baumoode , Jul 31, 2015 :
    But if it's a "2016 Flagship Killer" then shouldn't it have the features that will be important in 2016?

Eeroz likes this.
  14. natesenpai
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

natesenpai , Jul 31, 2015 :
    it would be nice to have, but i wouldnt mind not having it. ive never used it till now, and it isnt anything dealbreaking or anything. but i think there are more possibilities for nfc usage. id pay a bit extra for a nfc enabled device. and im still wondering why there still havent been a official response from Oneplus

15. ronc777can
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

ronc777can , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Totally Agreed. Have to tell them not to say "2016 flagship killer", "futureproof", focusing on user experience, "never settle", not compromising, etc. Cause this is exactly what they're not doing. I am so fed up with their sham. Sure I'll get their phone cause it's cheap and I need a cheap phone with good specs but them claiming they're different than all the other companies, more like they're worse in the way they handle themselves.

Eeroz likes this.
  16. ArnarEmil
    Cupcake Jul 31, 2015

17. mavblues
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

mavblues , Jul 31, 2015 :
    "Would you pay extra for an NFC-enabled OnePlus 2?"

No, I wouldn't.

But would you buy a OnePlus One from me for $399 if I took away fast charging, NFC, and Cyanogen's OS?

'Cause that's exactly what you're getting in the Two: a stripped down One with a higher price tag.

18. sunny.darediya
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

sunny.darediya , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I agree..if opt lasts for a day..its enough..

19. housry23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

housry23 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Yes I would and it's called the Moto X Pure, although then I'm giving up the fingerprint sensor. Maybe we can combine the Moto Pure and OP2 and make one ultimate flagship killer for around $450 or so.

20. jrami45
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

jrami45 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    It's important depending on how much you use it .. For example OIS is a must now a days .. Imagine the hate people would have towards Oneplus if they didn't include OIS.