Would You Recommend Installing Tempered Glass Protector?

1. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Oct 2, 2014

drksanjose1011 likes this.
  2. aminushki
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 2, 2014

aerocat and tabascouk like this.
  3. _benallison
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

_benallison , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Yes, it's very easy if you take the time to do it proper. I've used two nillkin screen protectors so far, one saved my screen from a huge crack an the other is on my one now :)

4. smok3y

smok3y , Oct 2, 2014 :
    I have a Nilkin on my OPO as well. Works really well and gives me a feeling of being safe in case I drop the phone. It was easy to install, I did it in 10 mins. Comes with a static plastic to remove dust from screen, a wet wipe, a dry wipe and tabs to hold the protector while applying.

1. Use the static sheet to remove dust particles from the screen first. Stick and remove and repeat on every section. Be sure to be in an enclosure that is dust free.
    2. Use the wet wipe to remove any smudges from the screen.
    3. Use the dry wipe to remove the residue left by the wet wipe.
    4. Use that static sheet again if you see any dust particles.
    4. Take the screen protector and remove the plastic sheet half way from the top. Place it from that top on the ear piece section of the phone and align it properly. When you are sure the alignment is perfect to your satisfaction, gently remove the remaining plastic and ease the Nilkin unit on the phone.
    5. Now do not press anywhere on the unit. Check for alignment adjustments. Once done, simply press with the finger, gently, at the center of the screen. You will now see it start to stick to the phone screen. Smooth out from the center of the screen to all the 4 sides ensuring any air bubbles are removed as you go along. Use the microfiber cloth that came along with the package to do this.
    5. And you are done!!

tabascouk and drksanjose1011 like this.
  5. addam
    KitKat Oct 2, 2014

addam , Oct 2, 2014 :
    first clean the phone, then set the screen protector on the phone before you remove the backing to center it up. tape one side of the screen protector to the phone, make sure its taped good so it stays aligned. flip up screen protector, give one last wipe, peel off backing and set protector back in place. the tape should keep it strait. good luck, i also have the nillkin and i'm pleased.

ru_mo and drksanjose1011 like this.
  6. Skf123
    Marshmallow Oct 2, 2014

Skf123 , Oct 2, 2014 :
    If you use a suction cup it will be extremely easy

7. drksanjose1011
    Donut Oct 2, 2014

drksanjose1011 , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Thanks! I'll make sure I'll do these steps when I apply it

tabascouk likes this.
  8. tabascouk
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2014

tabascouk , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Yes it is worth it I wouldn't be as worried if it was cheap or easy to get repaired but it is not. I use the orzly and have had no problems with installation. Of course you can never protect it 100% but it is better than nothing. I know some people like their phones naked but it depends on your lifestyle and what you do for a living.

9. nelson1989
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2014

10. drksanjose1011
    Donut Oct 2, 2014

drksanjose1011 , Oct 2, 2014 :
    If you're willing to protect everything else besides the screen then I suggest getting one. I want my One protected so that's why I got the glass screen protector and dual-layer case

11. garbozio
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2014

garbozio , Oct 2, 2014 :
    The tempered glass one rocks. Vivid and beautiful.. Love it. Definitely worth it.

12. tabascouk
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2014

tabascouk , Oct 2, 2014 :
    It depends what you do....I teach digital art /graphics and regular hands on art so for me yes as my hands often get covered in paint.
    For minimum protection try pesoli sandstone more rugged type like a tpu case.

13. SteveD

SteveD , Oct 2, 2014 :
    I ended up using one simply because the glass coating on the phone is garbage and I couldn't stand how it felt any longer.

14. adrek
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

adrek , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Seriously? I dropped my nexus 4 and a recently windows phone so many times and never broke the screen.

I'm on the side of the ones who don't need to install a screen protector

15. garbozio
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2014

garbozio , Oct 2, 2014 :
    The better you protect it the safer it will be. I bought a flip case with a window so that I can see who's calling and a window to accept or reject the call. Its really cool.

16. g11b19
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

billv likes this.
  17. KrishPlusOne
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2014

KrishPlusOne , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Its really easy.. I use nillkin too... It comes with instructions. I did watch some videos. They helped too

18. billv

19. distantsoil
    Gingerbread Oct 2, 2014

distantsoil , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Just got my Orzly screen protector and installed it within seconds. I cannot tell that there's a screen protector on this thing and I could swear that the touch response has actually improved. Fits perfectly too. Far better than film. Do it!

20. Loganx
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2014

Loganx , Oct 2, 2014 :
    Just got my Orzly today. Great screen protector! However, I'm not sure if its the issue of the screen protector or the phone itself but the phone seems to have a problem with the sensitivity of the screen. For any of my other phone, I'm able to just swipe out a message no problem but with this phone or screen protector, it often loses track of my touch and thinks I'm trying to type another word. I didn't try typing a message without the Orzly on mainly cause i didn't want to use it before installing the Orzly so I have no idea if its just the phone that's kind of messed up or if it's because of the tempered glass.