Would you recommend the OPX, if..

?

Would you recommend the OPX ***FOR THE USE LISTED BELOW***?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Mar 29, 2016

Selphie likes this.
  2. stephenboyo
    KitKat Mar 29, 2016

stephenboyo , Mar 29, 2016 :
    As far as I'm concerned the OPX is excellent as a business phone. In fact it's my primary phone even though I have a Galaxy Note, but the OPX is just so easy, fast and convenient for me to use as my everyday phone. It's been perfect for makibg calls, email, browsing texting, music, YouTube videos/films and quick pics etc. I've played a few games on it but I would rather use the Galaxy Note cos it has a larger battery and screen than the OPX .the OPX is the perfect everyday phone and is not at all complex to use. I've not suffered from lags or stuttering as some people have here. I use Nova launcher as I found it blends well with Oxygen

matskb and Selphie like this.
  3. lolrepeatlol
    Jelly Bean Mar 29, 2016

4. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Mar 29, 2016

veratoloz2005 , Mar 29, 2016 :
    It is the best business phone company out there. Everything else, excluding i-phones, are mostly for entertainment.

P.S.
    Passport is $399 now.

lolreppeatlol likes this.
  5. Mike Ville
    Gingerbread Mar 29, 2016

Mike Ville , Mar 29, 2016 :
    Since January I've traveled from Los Angeles to Florida 8 times for business. This phone has only got a Wi-Fi connection in a motel once this phone is a piece of junk if you're doing business. It's not worth the frame it's placed into do yourself a favor steer clear of this phone. I can't believe they even sell this phone in the United States. My Bugtastic has had nothing but problems. I can't even in good faith give this phone to anyone. I've stayed away from these forums for a month because I got tired of reading all the fan boy bullshit. They will never admit they screwed up and bought this phone. At least I'm standing up and saying this phone is a total joke..... Now let the stroke fest begin..

FalconFX and Selphie like this.
  6. lolrepeatlol
    Jelly Bean Mar 30, 2016

lolrepeatlol , Mar 30, 2016 :
    priv is the only good phone from them, i dont think they will update BBOS anymore

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  7. stephenboyo
    KitKat Mar 30, 2016

stephenboyo , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Are you serious??? :mad: so what are iphones for if not the #1 toy for airheads! Like this one here...:flushed:

8. dr.bharath
    Eclair Mar 30, 2016

dr.bharath , Mar 30, 2016 :
    I think I made a mistake updrading( more like downgrading) from Nexus 5 to one plus X , should have moved to Nexus 5x.I thought one plus is more than other existing Android manufacturers, but I get it now, It's just the hype, I am never buying anything again from these startup companies.

9. stephenboyo
    KitKat Mar 30, 2016

stephenboyo , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Sorry but didn't you read the reviews and do your research? No point crying over spilt milk, part of the excitement of OP is the interminable guessing game 'will they or won't they?' which forum users are subjected. We are being observed in the OP labs - a social experiment of how to control tech-addicts. Give them a few updates and their tongues will forever stick out for more...

10. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 30, 2016

gaster , Mar 30, 2016 :
    For your expectations and its price, it's still a valuable choice. Also i suggest you to use a CM12.1 or 13 rom on it if you ll get it and you ll be amazed. Your stuff ll be work pretty fast and stable. I see it on a friend's X and i only hear the best by him for this device

Selphie likes this.
  11. dr.bharath
    Eclair Mar 30, 2016

dr.bharath , Mar 30, 2016 :
    you are right... I knew that updates will be slow... but not this slow.... reason for not choosing 5x was my older Nexus 5 had hardware issues (early adopter) like GPS .... so wanted better hardware... so I guess without proper software support its pretty useless.

12. Selphie
    Eclair Mar 30, 2016

Selphie , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Not sure how much has changed in the past couple years, but we used to have BBs at a company I've been working for a few years ago. I'm safe to say that up until now, it's been the worst experience I've ever had with a phone (well, the WIKO I tried is a close runner-up). What I really loved about it though, was it's keyboard - I still miss it. Made typing so much easier q_q

@ all: THANK YOUU :) your comments and insights are most helpful! It's weird though, how much your personal experiences differ. Whether it's the matter of good luck or bad luck I still have to figure out :D As for now, it seems as though most of you enjoy the OPX - however the critics have pointed out some relevant issues (thank you for that, too!)
    I'll have to think this over and do even more research :) Thank you all for your time so far :)

Tobikage, S8Graham and rphlfjrd like this.
  13. S8Graham
    Donut Mar 30, 2016

S8Graham , Mar 30, 2016 :
    I would suggest that many of the negative comments come from those that expect the same performance in graphic processing as they would from a 2k+ gaming pc , those that are obsessed with having the latest must have device and those that the big corporations see as gullible cash generators .

Selphie likes this.
  14. g_ngan
    Gingerbread Mar 30, 2016

15. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Mar 30, 2016

veratoloz2005 , Mar 30, 2016 :
    The question was about a business phone. Blackberries and i-phones are the most common phones used by businesses: from financial industry to couture. Partially, it has to do with secure networks, partially - with special applications these companies provide.

16. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Mar 30, 2016

veratoloz2005 , Mar 30, 2016 :
    Maybe not, but it is very secure, which makes it superb for business.

17. naa27
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 30, 2016

naa27 , Mar 30, 2016 :
    I use mine mainly for email, browsing etc, just as a business phone would be expected to be used, and I find it smooth, fast, good battery life and have rarely seen any issues with the OS - certainly not any killer ones.

So, in that case, I'd say it would be fine as a business phone.

Selphie likes this.
  18. matskb
    Honeycomb Mar 30, 2016

matskb , Mar 30, 2016 :
    It is in the government/financial world where privacy is everything (and where compatible security frameworks are provided), but such security is often not so relevant if you run your own business (and a business of the kind where a €500 price difference with e.g. an iPhone or SG7 is worth spending hours of research on).

At least for the Blackberry Z10 and X10s I can tell that these are still very unstable and slow (in a way that seriously affects daily use, nowhere like the 'annoyances' that are present in Oxygen OS). I believe the Passport runs on more-or-less the same software so wouldn't expect much better there.
    Am curious about the Priv though, so when they start running that one out in my company I might give it a try.

I think most people will agree that in general iPhone is the most widely supported business phone that provides a stable good experience. Whether or not it is your favourite phone depends on personal preferences (design, no keyboard, whether the price matters, more limited set of tweaks/options (adds to stability but limits customization), no dual-sim or SD card option, etc.)

Selphie likes this.
  19. Mike Ville
    Gingerbread Mar 31, 2016

20. jfalconxx
    Froyo Mar 31, 2016

jfalconxx , Mar 31, 2016 :
    Do not buy one of the worst phones made

Mike Ville likes this.