Wrong Pin in the Stock Recovery via OnePlus 7T

1. 2shardrockstar
    Froyo Aug 8, 2020

2shardrockstar , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 8, 2020 :
    I own a 7T

So I entered into the stock recovery mode to clear my cache. As usual, it asked me for the PIN. I entered my PIN and all it says is decrypting and then it vibrates and brings me back to the Password Screen -implying the PIN I entered was wrong.

I use the same PIN for my Phone and Work Profile. I decided to look upon the issue over the net and I found dormant threads regarding the same, and no guy from One Plus cared to reply/fix the issue. One thing is common in all those threads, everyone had a Work Profile active.

If any one from the support or team of One Plus reading this thread, please help out. It's a known bug which hasn't been addressed and many users are facing this issue. We cannot enter the recovery mode even after typing in the correct PIN!

Let me know in the comments if you need more info.

2. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 8, 2020

Cervantes , Aug 8, 2020 :
    Hi
    In the first post, update thread
    You have information on how to report a bug

3. 2shardrockstar
    Froyo Aug 8, 2020

They require screenshots and recordings fot that.

One of the user has already reported this bug. There was no response from the team. That's why I posted in the forum.

4. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 8, 2020

Cervantes , Aug 8, 2020 :
    It depends on the bug hunters
    it lacks information they will ask you

5. 2shardrockstar
    Froyo Aug 8, 2020

Let's not divert from the main issue which I've addressed to discuss and seek solution to.

6. D1575224021038
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

D1575224021038 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    I am having a similar issue and the only way to get into recovery is to remove the screen lock entirely and reboot into recovery. It still shows the keyboard but you can enter anything and it will let you in. Once you switch the screen lock back to either password or pin, then the recovery password stops working again. We also have a 6T that does not exhibit this behavior and works as expected.

2shardrockstar likes this.
  7. 2shardrockstar
    Froyo Aug 13, 2020

2shardrockstar , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 13, 2020 :
    This information is helpful.

If it does not bug for 6T, then there must be a way to fix this from the OP Team.

Don't actually know whether they'll pay heed to this issue.