Wrong PIN

1. G_Obada_H_eXTV
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

G_Obada_H_eXTV , Sep 8, 2019 :
    my device accepted fingerprint but asked for PIN for security and I was 100% sure that the PIN was right but it keeps saying that the PIN is wrong, I tried accessing safe mode and recovery mode but it was showing wrong PIN as well.
    taking in notice this problem happened twice with 2 OnePlus 5 devices one of them was using 6-digit-PIN and the other was using 8-digit-PIN.
    eventually there was no other solution but to hard rest both of the devices.
    this bug should be taken in consideration and be fixed ASAP.
    if there is any other solutions please let me know.

2. pablofg1978
    Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 8, 2019

pablofg1978 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    There is no bug, or someone else is changing the pin or you don't remember it.
    If this was a bug there will be a massive increase of users complaining about this.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019

NikhilJagtap and the_o2 like this.
  3. aloopuyt
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2019

aloopuyt , Sep 15, 2019 :
    Hello,
    Sadly he's not the only one ! I cannot unlock my phone after a random restart. Recovery mode is asking for the password, which doesnt work, then turning my phone normally still does not accept the good password.
    Please consider the fact that i have been unlocking my phone for the last year or so everyday so I KNOW MY PASSWORD !
    Probably a corrupted file somewhere ....

G_Obada_H_eXTV likes this.
  4. G_Obada_H_eXTV
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2019

G_Obada_H_eXTV , Sep 16, 2019 :
    I can tell you I was all alone when it happened and I use the same PIN I use since 2011 so there is no way it happened from my side.
    I know it is hard to believe, I myself wouldn't believe it because of Android encryption system but still it happened and clearly it is not very popular case but it is there!