Xenon flash: your opinion

?

Your opinion on Xenon flash:

1. Adding Xenon flash to OnePlus One would be great

44.4%
  2. Xenon is a good thing, but not on OnePlus One. Better leave it for OnePlus Two or even Three

33.3%
  3. Do not like the idea of having Xenon flash on a phone

22.2%
  1. Andrew Z
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2014

Andrew Z , Feb 5, 2014 :
    All dedicated cameras have Xenon flash and not LED for a reason.My experience shows me that Xenon helps significantly improve photo quality in low light scenarios and to capture moving objects.

Drawbacks are: increased costs, slightly bigger device size (due to photoflash capacitors), and the fact that you can not use phone as flashlight (if of course you don't have both Xenon and LED).

Many Nokia Windows phones have Xenon, at the same time there are almost no Android phones with such an option.

What is you opinion on Xenon flash on phones?

2. adlibitum
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2014

adlibitum , Feb 5, 2014 :
    I'm not excited about Xenon flash. Yes, they make better illumination, BUT:
    They are more expensive than LED. They can't be used for video recording. They are with higher power usage. And last, but not least - they are not so safe to use.

3. area.
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2014

area. , Feb 5, 2014 :
    I don't need it. Dual flash (LED) is enough and (in my opinion) way better.

adlibitum likes this.
  4. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2014

infernowheels , Feb 5, 2014 :
    It would be great, but it seems like the cons outweigh the pros in this case. I'm not really a huge critique when it comes to photo quality anyway so I could even settle on having just one LED flash.

5. ΜητΣος7
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2014

ΜητΣος7 , Feb 5, 2014 :
    i really like the idea but like infernowheels said there are more cons than pros...
    the photo quality of todays phones are good enough imo...yea I have nothing against a better camera
    But I mean its a phone if you really want to make great photos buy a camera...

infernowheels likes this.
  6. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2014

infernowheels , Feb 5, 2014 :
    True that, heck there's the Galaxy Camera if they really want to be an aspiring foodtographer. XP

ΜητΣος7 likes this.
  7. Klarence Pitoc
    Honeycomb Feb 6, 2014

Klarence Pitoc , Feb 6, 2014 :
    xenon is better for taking low light photos like the Lumia 1020 but still settle for a led at the moment i can use it as a flash light

8. adlibitum
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2014

adlibitum , Feb 6, 2014 :
    I almost did not use the phone's camera. But according to many studies, taking pictures is one of the most used feature in smartphones.

"If you really want to make great photos buy a camera", is definitely true.
    But if a phone is really smart, then he can take pictures as good as possible, in accordance with the technology at the time of its creation.

Today, making and receiving calls is in-fact the least used feature in our smartphone.
    With other words: if you really want to have great battery life buy a regular phone for $15.
    Yes, this is true, too. But I want SMARTphone. ;)

ΜητΣος7 likes this.
  9. Mark Falsing
    Moderator Moderator Feb 6, 2014

GregOrevo likes this.
  10. adlibitum
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2014

11. AIT-Solutions
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2014

AIT-Solutions , Feb 6, 2014 :
    I prefer Dual LED as I know from the Oppo Find 5 and N1. These both devices works fine for me for dual flash.

Sparkolo likes this.
  12. ΜητΣος7
    Honeycomb Feb 6, 2014

ΜητΣος7 , Feb 6, 2014 :
    I have to agree...my father has still his old Nokia and he charges his phone once a month or so....I really miss the battery life of the old phones

13. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Feb 6, 2014

Sparkolo , Feb 6, 2014 :
    From my experience with OPPO Find 5 and N1 dual led is great. The illumination in low light is fantastic and photos are always bright enough, and also the torch app is really useful.

So my answer is: NO, don't want xenon!

14. adlibitum
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 7, 2014

adlibitum , Feb 7, 2014 :
    There is one option over which I think seriously. То use а regular phone (Nokia) only for phone calls and have great battery life. And at the same time to have small tablet or phablet or 5" smartphone (with dual LED flash - to be not off topic - ha, ha), when I need browsing. :)

15. ΜητΣος7
    Honeycomb Feb 7, 2014

ΜητΣος7 , Feb 7, 2014 :
    Lol never thought about that...

Luka likes this.
  16. Allanitomwesh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2014

17. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Feb 8, 2014

Sparkolo , Feb 8, 2014 :
    I think that would be a bit difficult to manage for the phone...

Luka likes this.
  18. Allanitomwesh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2014

Allanitomwesh , Feb 8, 2014 :
    that's what makes it fun. Oppo made one of the flashes dimmer on the N1 for selfies,so a phone can be programmed which flash to use when.LED one for torch duties and xenon when light sensor confirms darkness.

Andrew Z likes this.
  19. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Feb 9, 2014

20. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Feb 9, 2014

ΜητΣος7, Allanitomwesh and Luka like this.