Xiaomi Are Taking No Prisoners: Offering Flagship Performance At A Midrnged Price.

1. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Aug 26, 2018

Baymax , Aug 26, 2018 :
    3 or 4 I believe
    all i am saying is that it has improved.
    maybe. maybe not. never know unless you put yourself in his shoes.
    Nextbit is not. Motorola is not. HTC is soon probably not. Google and Apple appear to be the only ones still trading.
    For the heck of it. It's fun looking at how devices fare against others.
    Solidly built means can withstand a lot. I cannot answer that. The same question can also be asked for Samsung and no answer would be known.
    Scare mongering... Cute. I'm not scaring anybody nor getting scared. Just skeptical.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018

2. Offline7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 26, 2018

Offline7 , Aug 26, 2018 :
    Unused RAM is wasted RAM
    Why clear apps and have them reset when a near instantaneous boot up is possible instead?

[​IMG]

Poor memory management is poor memory management no matter how you look at it

3. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2018

malidan , Aug 26, 2018 :
    There is a battery drain test in the thread that will show you why.
    47 mins worth of reasons why to be exact. Here

[​IMG]

4. Offline7

Is it a speed test, or a battery test now?

5. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2018

malidan , Aug 26, 2018 :
    Xiaomi devices

cowboy-shaking-head-no.gif
    HTC trading, Motorola still trading as a individual entity under different ownership. cowboy-shaking-head-no.gif
    You can not answer that!
    Scare mongering making unfounded comments about durability.
    Nobody mentioned durability when all phones were made of Polycarbonate.
    My LG G2 had been loaned out to more people than i can remember, still alive.
    My HTC Touch HD is still alive and kicking close to 10 years on.

6. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2018

7. Offline7

No argument, suddenly switching topics like that?

[​IMG]

Well, which one is it?

8. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2018

malidan , Aug 26, 2018 :
    I guess that why OP don't sell big number after 4 years . Xiaomi was a leading world seller within that time span
    Putting the customer first rather then chasing the Dragon.
    And why the reviewer stacked the test, you must learn not to post fake stuff, the priority is in the settings and he left it is at default.
    Xiaomi give the user the option to choose.
    I can see you been chasing it too, there is no subject changed.:tearsofjoy:
    You just luck knowledge even Apple shut down apps to save on power.:rolleyes:

9. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Aug 26, 2018

Baymax , Aug 26, 2018 :
    You never specified how many Xiaomi failed after. You asked me how many have failed since.
    Motorola... that is not the name. Lenovo dropped the name Motorola. They kept Moto only. Motorola is no longer trading. Moto ≠ Motorola.
    And you can?
    I am wondering why you are not questioning it considering Xiaomi's track record with polycarbonate backs and quality control. (remember number one most repaired device of 2017)
    JerryRigEverything didn't start his channel until afterwards.
    wasn't til after the iPhone 6 Plus scandal (bendgate) that people really started caring about durability.
    even HTC was being called out for the M8 being not durable.
    Most devices of that era like the G2 or HTC Evo 3D wouldn't pass a durability test of today's standards.
    my HTC Touch Pro 2 and my HTC Mogul are both still kicking. but again they would not pass a durability test by today's standards.

10. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2018

malidan , Aug 26, 2018 :
    Who changed the subject?
    You said unused ram is of wasted ram, a 47 min beating in a drain test shows you why OEM's shut down apps, it's a waste of resources.
    And as I did you can change the priority in the settings, you must have forgotten about OP employed the same thing on the OP3.
    The reviewer choose his apps well, as the OP6 shuts apps down well inside 20 apps once you load more than 5 games.
    Stacked in the usual OP manner.:rolleyes:

11. Offline7

Yet you yourself has not even answered the question,

So which one is it, @malidan?

[​IMG]

12. BrightHulk
    Cupcake Aug 26, 2018

13. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Aug 26, 2018

malidan likes this.
  14. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2018

malidan , Aug 26, 2018 :
    Lol read dude, I said he didn't change the priority, just like HAUWEI they have the option to change the battery saving feature.
    Just because you didn't get the answer you wanted does it mean the question wasn't answered.
    You don't seem to be educating yourself too well.

15. govindprasanth
    Donut Aug 26, 2018

govindprasanth , Aug 26, 2018 :
    what about dash charge

16. Matt 80
    Lollipop Aug 26, 2018

Matt 80 , Aug 26, 2018 :
    It's rebranded oppo vooc charge.

malidan likes this.
  17. malidan
    Nougat Aug 26, 2018

malidan , Aug 26, 2018 :
    You posted the MI5
    Motorola was called Moto when they were Motorola not owned by Lenovo.:confused:
    Does the Moto X ring bell?
    I don't need Jerry Rigs to tell me that in 9 year I never bent or broke a Polycarbonate phone, especially in the manner in which he broke those.:D
    They don't need to they stood up to the test of time, real life usage.:D
    ??? Where did you pull that stat from.
    Why are you not questioning OP's build quality, their track record? You seem to buy their phones regardless of.....

Any Polycarbonate backed phone would be $100-$200, look at what OP have been serving up at $450- $500+. Devices with screen defects, not been able to do the basic task of making calls, etc.

I would rather break a Polycarbonate back than a glass one, it's much easier and cheaper to replace.
    I say use a case and don't drop your phone. If you drop YOUR phone why are you looking to blame someone else?

I do not question something that has not come to light.:rolleyes:

Matt 80 likes this.
  18. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Aug 26, 2018

Shuller , Aug 26, 2018 :
    hope boy... hope)))
    OP never do something on their own... even OPO was a vopy of OPPO...
    Prices down... the only way they are moving prices is up... pretty sad, however until people won’t stop buying they won’t do anything to improve!

malidan and Matt 80 like this.
  19. ashwinmurali
    Honeycomb Aug 26, 2018

ashwinmurali , Aug 26, 2018 :
    We should not ask OP to be innovative! Some fans will come and ask why you need that? Why you need this? Cant you adjust with what you get for 500 USD!?? We are competing with phones worth 1000 USD but wont offer you anything rather than killer SD845! Still we have the best value for money! Infact Android One simply kills OOS. I wish Xiaomi could have launched Poco F1 with Android One! And if OP cant do any wonders with OP6T, mark my words it is finished in one of their best markets! INDIA! Because here we value for money, INR 40,000 is definitely a huge amount, if we get a SD845 phone with half price, Booom, OP6 is finished. Its like we comparing OP6 with S9+, now ppl starts to compare F1 vs OP6. Some may not agree with me, but for a mass market majority will think on the basis of price! Now what OP can do is to Tick all the boxes! Yes, QHD panel, Water proof, Wireless Charging and Stereo speakers should be there. And improve the camera with a bigger sensor and reduce the pixels, 16+12Mp is better with secondary for Telephoto would be better. Software blur is best than a dedicated cam unit. Rather use that for Telephoto! Anyway im not getting better potrait shots especially when clicking a group photo and ofcourse cant shoot any objects. Now all what we can do is to wait for a stable GCAM! instead of bashing others when asking for improvements, fanboys along with OP R&D should find out ppls' demands and requirements! Consumers should be satisfied at any cost, and yes with OP3 we were satisfied. But defenitely not with OP6! Now its time to understand the reality! Op6 was the answer for OP3 and that momentum in the sales figures of OP6 is purely due to the success of OP3/3T. Other brands are also working hard like OP to beat out the best in the market. So the competition will be immense, and to survive OP should offer better value for money!

I know, not everyone can accept what i said! Even i want OP to be the best! Im sorry if i hurt anyone. This is what i feel after spending Rs40,000. I made a mistake that i bought on the day of launch! I didnt waited for any 'genuine' reviews! Yes, i had my trust in Oneplus! Unfortunately now.......

20. FaleshC
    KitKat Aug 26, 2018

FaleshC , Aug 26, 2018 :
    well if they have sister company backing them up, whats wrong in using their resources?
    What about Poco, isn't its subsidiary of Xiaomi, isn't it copy of Mi8 only cheaper?
    And Oppo and Vivo being sister companies are experimenting but OnePlus can easily get those tested formula and use it..we users will get benefitted, so i say it's nothing wrong. Everyone's a copy cat ...

cy8berdriver and LegolasX like this.