Xiaomi pistons vs Silver bullets

1. raja92
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

raja92 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Your thoughts guys?
    I think Oneplus has taken a leaf out of pistons book, they look strikingly similar apart from color, curious of how would they sound.
    P.S. I just recieved my pistons and quickly plugged them in, closed my eyes and waited for that sound which was to carry me away, but guess what? I was carried away more by the hype train rather than the pistons :p

ronoldo likes this.
  2. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Sep 24, 2014

3. MIYANO+
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2014

MIYANO+ , Sep 24, 2014 :
    well uhm.. did you actually expect good sound quality?

.. you can give it a chance by breaking the drivers in.. leave some audio playing for some time..

4. raja92
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

raja92 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Hype train dude, hype train. But still not bad by any means though.

ronoldo likes this.
  5. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 24, 2014

6. Data1417
    Honeycomb Sep 24, 2014

7. ishidonix
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2014

ishidonix , Sep 24, 2014 :
    Most people can't tell average sound quality from amazing sound quality anyways. Decent is good enough in most cases.

8. MIYANO+
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2014

MIYANO+ , Sep 24, 2014 :
    yeah i got that haha.
    but I dunno. can't stand bad sound so I'm probably not going to buy any of them.. only brand I trust to produce actual good sound for a really low price is klipsch..

9. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Sep 24, 2014

10. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 24, 2014

ronoldo, Nilesh Sajnani and gusuraman like this.
  11. aznalan15
    Honeycomb Sep 24, 2014

ronoldo and raja92 like this.
  12. raja92
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

raja92 , Sep 24, 2014 :
    OTE="xMEIYIN, post: 5794176, member: 21878"]yeah i got that haha.
    but I dunno. can't stand bad sound so I'm probably not going to buy any of them.. only brand I trust to produce actual good sound for a really low price is klipsch..[/QUOTE]
    I'm not much of an audiophile and own just a few like mh750 and pistons but on head fi they were comparing pistons to some of those 200 $ vendors and klipsch too. If that is really the case than I'm sad to say that even those mighty expensive iem must also be average at best.

Nilesh Sajnani and CrazedCoder like this.
  13. raja92
    Froyo Sep 24, 2014

14. dovLAN
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2014

dovLAN , Sep 24, 2014 :
    I recently got a pair of the pistons and I'm quite impressed with the quality, particularly for the price. Didn't actually know about the silver bullets before, but they aren't available here yet anyway.

15. chongswee
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2014

16. kevinli527
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

kevinli527 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    The OPO is a hype in itself.

The marketing scheme: Only people with invites can get one. Which enables you to say to your peers that you are not able to get one even if you want to.

The pricing scheme: Although OPO is very cheap for its specs, in all actual reality, we are still paying at least 50% to 100% above the cost to make one of these. Why? Well, while OnePlus does the hardware, which costs no more than $200, CM has been doing their own mods, thus adding an extra phone to their mods will not cost them much.

The invitation scheme: Goes back to the marketing scheme.

Overall, $350 is not a lot of money when purchasing a smartphone nowadays. Most bigger companies charge so much more because of marketing costs. However, because of OPOs lack of marketing, it saves us money but not that much more when buying a phone that is mass marketed but is more stable.

Are you really saving money when having to deal with so much software issues or are you better off paying for the mass marketed products hat has way less bugs?

Is paying that much less worth making you a beta tester or would you rather spend the money to buy something more dependable?

In the end, it is up to you. Do you think being a beta tester is worth paying half price for a phone. Or would you have preferred paying full price $750 usd (More than 100% of the OPO) just to have a smartphone that is not as buggy as the OPO and can offer more features than the OPO?

This is up to you. to be a beta tester or not. Because once any small company like OPO are able to compete in the mass market like Samsung, they will surely raise their prices to market. For all the OPO owners and to be owners (like myself) welcome to beta testing 101.

17. n1dhish
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2014

n1dhish , Oct 8, 2014 :
    The gibberish just flipped over my head. You seem to be butthurt for not getting an invite yet. Lmao. Relax mate.

PrashantRev and ronoldo like this.
  18. kevinli527
    Gingerbread Oct 8, 2014

kevinli527 , Oct 8, 2014 :
    And you seem to be a retard to think that many people have not gotten an invite yet. LOL! Do you not understand MARKETING or SUPPLY and DEMAND?

19. brittonraya
    Lollipop Oct 8, 2014

brittonraya , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Lotta reading

20. evilone
    Jelly Bean Oct 8, 2014

evilone , Oct 8, 2014 :
    I bought a couple of Pistons and I'm not impressed at all, My A-jays is a lot better imo

ronoldo and Nilesh Sajnani like this.