Xiaomi vs OnePlus

?

Is Xiaomi better responsive to it's old costumers than the OnePlus??

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nandish Chandrashekar
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

Nandish Chandrashekar , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Screenshot_20170421-180548_01.png
    OnePlus has to learn from it's Competitor "Xiaomi" .
    Xiaomi gives it's latest MIUI8 update to a 5 year old Xiaomi Mi2 .
    But here the OnePlus doesn't give it's latest oxygen os 4 to it's 2 year old OnePlus 2 .

Gargeya, PHCourtois, _Ryzer and 10 others like this.
  2. Nandish Chandrashekar
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

_Ryzer, Salt505, ParthSalvi16 and 6 others like this.
  3. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Apr 21, 2017

Salt505, theshinybeast and DrAakash like this.
  4. RyanDaBeast
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

_Ryzer, Salt505 and kiranbhat055 like this.
  5. ninja123456
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2017

ninja123456 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    they made money. the mobile is not manufactured by the company anymore.they can't keep paying buggy OnePlus developers to make buggy updates so they started ignoring.

Jagadeesh RK and Salt505 like this.
  6. samuelchan727
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

samuelchan727 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    well, I had a xiaomi 2s, which is 5 years old. The software experience is much better than oxygen os. But the hardware side is not as good as oneplus did. My oneplus 2 don't have any issues on the hardware side, but my xiaomi 2s did. Like the motherboard.

7. G_Raj_Singh_Tomar_EijF
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

G_Raj_Singh_Tomar_EijF , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I have both OnePlus 2 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. I have to say, I find the OnePlus 2 better as it is similar to the stock os and the UI is also same. it's not like the shitty UI that Xiaomi puts when it tries to copy iPhone. even the browser icon on home screen is of Safari. [e]1f602[/e]

Even the developers are not interested in making ROMs for the redimi note 4. I find more ROMs for OnePlus 2 than redimi note 4 and even redimi note 3 which are the flagships of Xiaomi and are the most used phones

Everyone finds Xiaomi UI simple because all they did is to try to copy iPhone. yes copy iPhone. the icons, the layout, everything is copied. Android has the layout divided in 3 segments that is Home Screen, Lock screen and App Drawer. iPhone has 2 segments that lock screen and App Drawer which Xiaomi copied from them.

Xiaomi is the shittiest phone I have seen my life. All they do is give better hardware at less price which only attracts people to buy their phones. both the exterior design and internal UI is shit.

8. vijayvk84
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

vijayvk84 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I have a Mi2 which is 3 years old which still gets updates and works like a charm unlike OnePlus 2 which is not even 2 years old and the then flagship phone does not get Nougat update, OP seems to have forgotten OP2 customers completely.

ParthSalvi16 and tulip_bibs like this.
  9. Chirag AM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2017

Chirag AM , Apr 21, 2017 :
    They said latest miui update. Not latest android update. There's a difference between them. And being a previous customer of mi, OnePlus treats customers way better. Trust me. If you want any proof, check sub forums of mi 4i, mi pad etc.

10. Chiru Crazy
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

Chiru Crazy , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Miui may not look so pretty or copied ios or not stock Android, but miui has a better s/w management, battery management and ram management. It is not great in UI so u can use a launcher but for a better managing rom which app can replace it ?
    Ofcourse now a days it comes with bloatware like windows apps but still the OS is fluid and have tons of features

But for oxygen os is Oneplus2 its completely different it takes years to add a new feature
    Example : fingerprint app lock has being asked by fans since phone launch but oneplus made it real with oxygen 3.5.6 which took more than one year to add this feature.
    Congrats oneplus doing well..... Oxygen get better battery management in near 25years i think

Impulse37 likes this.
  11. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 21, 2017

G_plusone , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Xiaomi being a bigger company than OnePlus Giving updates to pretty much old phones is a notable thing because of the sheer number of devices that Xiaomi has.
    On the other hand OnePlus not able deliver even bug fixes to the previous phones they made is very bad. Calling those phones as failures and not doing anything to fix their mistake goes without saying the dark road taken by oneplus is bound to hit a dead end

Juned Shaikh and Impulse37 like this.
  12. jizang
    Lollipop Apr 21, 2017

malidan and tulip_bibs like this.
  13. tulip_bibs
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

14. Impulse37
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

Impulse37 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I will wholeheartedly agree that when you look at the optimization and bug fixing done on MIUI, OxygenOS cannot even stand before it.. Such us their dedication to this, that they even updated the original Mi Pad to MIUI8 (the android version is still 4.4 which I think is due to driver issues/ unavailability) which has lots of new features, optimization and bug fixes.. Can any OP fanboy say the same for our OP2, OPX?

MIUI is one of the best ROMs out there even though many (including myself) do not like the iOS like looks of it, but considering that they have diverted so much from stock android and yet managed to keep their OS so optimized is truly praiseworthy..

I don't think you can even compare OP alongside Xioami on OS optimization.. We all have felt the frustation of buggy OOS versions that OP pushed to us.. it feels like OP does not even want to optimize or update OP2 .. I wonder why that is.. are they so desperate to make the OP2 owners upgrade to newer models that they are clearly showing us how they are updating their newer models and how OP2 was a failure for them etc. etc.

Even though their hardware is great, OP just sucks at customer support for the older devices.. Are there so many problems to even start a monthly beta program for OP2, OPX?
    They just support the newer models and forget the models which are over a year old and they have stopped selling.. and tgeir communication skills are just the worst!!

malidan likes this.
  15. Ferefe
    Eclair Apr 21, 2017

Ferefe , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I used a redmi note 3 for 9 months before i changed to op 3... It was December 2015 and It has the latest miui versión running Android 5.0... I did not get any update on that period...

I changed fed up of the miui layer... Could not get used to it

16. sumsulk
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2017

Anasibnyousuf likes this.
  17. astancioi
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2017

18. astancioi
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2017

astancioi , Apr 22, 2017 :
    Xiaomi! That's why we all run from Xiaomi. Do not update. What are you talking about here? Xiaomi is the cabbage for updates

19. nikhilanroid7
    Gingerbread Apr 22, 2017

20. Yash Bhardwaj
    Jelly Bean Apr 22, 2017

Yash Bhardwaj , Apr 22, 2017 :
    Most of the updates are based on kitkat.I have two Xiaomi phones both are running miui 8 and are based on KitKat.Lol