XNPH05Q Incremental - Package expects build fingerprint error *FIX*

1. Marxone
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

Marxone , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Hey,

if you had the same problem like me and wasn't able to find solution, this is thread for you.

"Package expects build fingerprint of oneplus/bacon/A0001:4.4.4/KTU84Q/XNPH05Q:user/release-keys; this device has oneplus/bacon/A0001:4.4.2/KVT49L/XNPH25R:user/release-keys"

Problem is linked actually to the custom recovery, since you usually don't update CM recovery if your phone is rooted - it stays the old version
    Stock Recovery (CM11S 05Q): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkv5lfjk25m5f90/recovery.img?dl=0
    Downloaded and extracted from https://cyngn.com/support

Then flash the recovery through fastboot the same way as you did previously with custom recovery

Basic guide how to work with fastboot is here
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...oader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

Then try to install the patch again and voila, you are ready to get OTA CM12

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

jubby2000, joen93, kip23 and 3 others like this.
  2. gfrancesco11
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

gfrancesco11 , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Any option to keep TWRP recovery and install the update? Is it safe to flash it manually from TWRP?

3. eudesr
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2015

eudesr , Apr 24, 2015 :
    Thx dude, I was becoming crazy with this error ;)

You can re-flash twrp after the update, there will be no consequences.

4. Marxone
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

Marxone , Apr 24, 2015 :
    @gfrancesco11 : as @eudesr said , re-flashing is the way to go. The next step for me was to update the CM12S (today's release), then flash back the TWRP recovery and install SU to root the phone again - root was not possible for me through the official CM recovery.

5. cryfcad
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2015

cryfcad , Apr 24, 2015 :
    if anyone else like me should have problems figuring out what to do when they end up on CyanogenMod Recovery, you simply need to Apply update, there go to 0/android/data/
    /com.cyngn.fota/cache and select the cm12s OTA file to flash. After it is done reboot and wait for it to load and update.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015

Marxone likes this.
  6. gfrancesco11
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2015

gfrancesco11 , Apr 25, 2015 :
    Yes thanks I confirm that.
    I had to reflash Cyanogen Recovery, that the first small update applies ok.
    Then you can download the big OTA, but at reboot does not apply automatically for me, had to select the file like @cryfcad explained.
    Then i reflashed TWRP Recovery and root again.

Since you cannot root from Cyanogen Recovery, this required to flash TWRP with adb, so you can't do everything from the phone, you need a pc with adb to connect to the phone and flash recovery.

7. navidplusone
    Gingerbread Jun 18, 2015

navidplusone , Jun 18, 2015 :
    I updated my friends phone (no custom recovery nor root) with the 20 MB file without any problems.
    I couldn't do the same with my own phone (TWRM & rooted), I used the bigger file without wiping the data, fortunately I didn't lose any applications and everything seems good

8. karotulo
    Cupcake Jun 23, 2015

karotulo , Jun 23, 2015 :
    Hm I re-flashed to the stock recovery with the image that Marxone provided, but now it won't boot into recovery mode anymore. Once I flash back to TWRP it loads fine. Any idea why this stock image won't work?

9. vivenair
    Donut Jun 25, 2015

10. Marxone
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2015

11. aalaap
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2016

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016