[Xposed][Tweak] Change Lollipop App Drawer Background

1. abhibhan89
    KitKat Apr 16, 2015

abhibhan89 , Apr 16, 2015 :
    I flashed CyanogenOS 12 yesterday, and the white background had me highly irritated, so I decided to get rid of it..

Now there are multiple ways to change the app drawer background:

1. By using a different launcher like Nova Launcher
    This method is fairly easy, there are multiple launchers available in PlayStore which offer tons of customization with changing the app drawer background being one of them

2. The other method is to install a different theme which makes the app drawer transparent or changes the color to our liking. Material Glass - CM12 Theme and Dark Material - CM12 Theme UI are available, to name a few.
    There is a guide on the same: [Guide] How to get transparent app drawer CM12S

3. We can use Xposed Framework to achieve the same.
    Install Xposed GEL Settings [ROOT], activate the module, reboot and we are good to go.
    For those of you, not familiar with Xposed Framework, my friend @Funk Wizard has made guide on the same: [GUIDE] Xposed Framework for Lollipop (Alpha)

Now to the process, of changing the app drawer background:
    • Xposed GEL Settings [ROOT], once installed can be found in the app drawer. Open the same. You'll get a welcome screen, tap on the options button on the top left, to open up the option drawer and select App Drawer
      [​IMG]

• In the sub-menu of App Drawer, you'll find the option Folder background color.
      By default, the color would set to white (hex code: #FFF4F4F4) , to change app drawer to transparent just pull the horizontal slider to the extreme right or enter the value as #00000000 and press enter. The new shade will be visible in the bottom right color box. Tap on it, to accept the change.
      [​IMG]
      Note: One can play around with colors over here, to get the desired app drawer background color. And you might also want to play with Background color option available, as well.

• Once you've set your desired color. Tap on the refresh icon on the top right, it'll pop up a menu asking for full reboot to make changes effective, select the launcher reboot option, and see the change.
      [​IMG]

I have done this personally and thus have posted it. Enjoy. Cheers! :)

abhishekr, camohan, Balnazzar and 8 others like this.
  2. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Apr 16, 2015

3. prashant sahni
    Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2015

PVS Kharoud likes this.
  4. Vicky_cbe
    KitKat Apr 16, 2015

Vicky_cbe , Apr 16, 2015 :
    do as per point 2 :) install theme and use per app themeing

5. ahmed99
    Froyo Apr 30, 2015

ahmed99 , Apr 30, 2015 :
    Thanks i was thinking the extent to which they change the back background to white was a racist one lool. Problem solved now

abhibhan89 likes this.
  6. auerbach
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015

7. aman360elite
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 4, 2015

abhibhan89 likes this.
  8. abhibhan89
    KitKat May 4, 2015

abhibhan89 , May 4, 2015 :
    To change the color of the app drawer you don't need PRO version

9. auerbach
    Honeycomb May 4, 2015