Yellow spot and the support teams respond

1. Buka91
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2015

Buka91 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Thank you!

Yes I took those pictures after they asked me for some.

2. thihaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2015

thihaz , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I see. I think technically this should still be under warranty. And that is surely the hardware defect unless you did something to the phone (just an assumption not accusing).
    Their hardware failing before 1 year. Please contact them quickly. Hopefully they take care of their customers. If not, they will lose a lot of customers.

Buka91 likes this.
  3. sigmundji
    Donut Aug 17, 2015

4. RazorBurned
    Froyo Aug 17, 2015

RazorBurned , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Gods, even more horror stories about their costumer support... They're really deterring me from buying the 2...

5. luke3026
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 17, 2015

luke3026 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    Well, if you do manage to get some "support" from them, it'll probably be advising you to flash this ROM or that ROM, then when that doesn't work, schedule a remote session (better have a Windows machine or you're out of luck) where they'll flash the same things. None of this will help, of course.

6. Buka91
    Cupcake Aug 17, 2015

Buka91 , Aug 17, 2015 :
    I will not flash anything :) I just flashed oxygen. And it is also obvious that this is not caused by software. Now I am waiting for a response from the customer service again. I will update later

7. Buka91
    Cupcake Aug 18, 2015

Buka91 , Aug 18, 2015 :
    After @dsmonteiro helped me with my ticket, I got following answer:

Hi Burak,

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry for the convenience.

As I have review the case & the photos provided, I am able to configure that this is a possible hardware issue. With this, I will now forward & escalate your case to our RRR team for an RMA request.

We are sorry for the trouble & delay. The next level of support will contact you for further assistance. Thank you for understanding.

So for now it seems better.
    Now I am waiting for the respond of the next level of support.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  8. mkernbach
    KitKat Aug 18, 2015

mkernbach , Aug 18, 2015 :
    I've had this problem with my iPhone, after around one year every time the phone got warm (CPU) I got a yellow spot. I think this is glue.

9. Buka91
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2015

Buka91 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    I don't think they understood, that my problem is not software related :/

Hello Burak,

Good day. Thank you for your kind response.

For the last step before we can proceed with the RMA, please flash your device to the latest Oxygen OS build by following the instructions on this link https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/touchscreen-issues-fix.314410/ and then after flashing your device, if the issue is not resolved please provide a screenshot of the Build number of your device as proof that you flashed your device to Oxygen OS.

We hope you understand. Thank you for your cooperation.

But yeah, I have already Oxygen OS 1.02

10. Buka91
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2015

Buka91 , Oct 26, 2015 :
    Finally, I got a response.
    First after handing in my OPO via DHL pick up, I got informed by OnePlus about the actual situations of my phone. It took almost a month to get an information about the situation.
    First they told me, that they found a water damage on the first indicator:

"At the first stage of inspection, we have unfortunately found that your device’s first water damage indicator has been tripped. We will be performing an advanced technical report to diagnose if there was indeed water damage to the motherboard and will provide you with that report when it is completed."

which is impossible. I never had water on my phone. I also always avoided to use it in the rain. To only thing possible is that the indicator got damaged while being in my pockets during rain. So I can not believe it.

Now 6 days later, I got a final answer:

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch and sorry for the waiting. By the way, this is MLyne and I'm part from the RRR (Repair, Replacement, Return) support team.

The inspection of your returned item was finally done. After the arrival inspection, the damages [user damage_water damage] to your phone were concluded to be caused by the user's misuse / accident. This is not covered by our Limited Warranty (here's the details: https://oneplus.net/uk/privacy-and-legal#warrantypolicy). Also I have enclosed the Inspection Report for your information.

Based on the damage condition, we can offer the repair service. Here's the quotation:

Motherboard repair EUR 213

Repair cost EUR 7

Total EUR 220

So first of all, the reparation is more expensive than the actual phone...
    and I personally think, this is a way OnePlus uses to avoid warranty cases.

My conclusion for the situation -> Sell my OPO and OPT -> never ever OP again. Oh man, I recommended this phone to sooo many friends. I regret it.