Yellow Tint

?

Does the yellow tint problem still occur for you?

1. Yes

54.7%
  2. No

41.5%
  3. I don't know.

3.8%
  1. KrazyKing
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

2. steveloso
    Froyo Jun 20, 2014

steveloso , Jun 20, 2014 :
    being a former engineer at sharp corp. , I think this is a material defect issue, the materials used to make the LCD screen is causing this tint, when you are dealing with optics, it is very critical you use grade a materials, bec in time these materials decay and change physical characteristics.

3. chipper
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

chipper , Jun 20, 2014 :
    so
    how can this be resolved my friend?

4. Ag_andrea
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2014

Ag_andrea , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Return it back, who believe SW can fix still believe pig can fly..

adlibitum and chipper like this.
  5. chipper
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

chipper , Jun 20, 2014 :
    you've eaited for a long time for this phone, and finally received a crappy phone! shame shame

6. donalgodon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 20, 2014

donalgodon , Jun 20, 2014 :
    I'm pretty sure that steveloso is totally correct, because it really looks like a material defect for sure, probably just due to the grade of material used in the LCD layer, and maybe the new batches will not have the issue, but it doesn't give me much confidence.

chipper likes this.
  7. Kingkun
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

Kingkun , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Doesn't matter to me since I probably can't get the phone until Sep lucky?

8. Navineous
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

9. Thebigbea
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2014

10. donalgodon

In fairness, a lot of phones, even top-tier devices, vary from unit to unit. There are complaints on screen issues with ALL devices, even with very nice screen quality ratings, including the M8, for example, as having a few with yellow tint, etc so it might just be "luck of the draw" to get one that way. I'll still go for it myself, and hope for the best. I'm willing to risk the $349 at this point.

11. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2014

RogueS4 , Jun 20, 2014 :
    Mine isn't yellow so not sure what to say

Dexter Morgan likes this.
  12. LibraSun
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2014

LibraSun , Jun 20, 2014 :
    I am among those who mistakenly quoted (incorrect) assertions that the "Yellow Screen Issue" was resolved (in a different phone model) via software. Mea culpa! I've since wised up.

Ag_andrea likes this.
  13. bryan_tohcy
    Froyo Jun 20, 2014

bryan_tohcy , Jun 20, 2014 :
    IMG-20140620-WA0004.jpg IMG-20140620-WA0003.jpg All the recent models have the yellow tint. Just got my find 7a, it's great phone but unfortunately mine has a yellow tint at the bottom part of the display. Went to service centre to change a new one and saw that the display was yellowish throughout. Compared to the one I had, it's really worse. Returned the new yellowish display phone, took back my original one, wrote a complain email to oppo and currently awaiting a new batch of phone with displays free from yellowish tint. The customer service manager has admitted that there's problems with the screen and they are now trying to replace all the phone with the yellowish tint problem. Currently I would say all the phone have the problem. The older batches can reduce the bottom tint by turning to almost full brightness. Was told by the service staff to play a movie at full brightness for 1hour to help "warm up" the screen and the tint should go away. After playing it for more than 10hrs, the fault is still there...

For those of you who ordered recently I'm pretty sure your display will be yellowish. I guess it will be a few more months before they can solve the problems. Really wondered why they still sell the phone when it's a no go. Don't they have QC???

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014

adlibitum likes this.
  14. LibraSun
    Jelly Bean Jun 20, 2014

LibraSun , Jun 20, 2014 :
    I hear OP gets their screens from the same outfit that provisions for HTC (and maybe OPPO? dunno), so I'd lay any blame for screen quality on whoever those guys are.

15. donalgodon

JDI, I guess.

16. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Jun 20, 2014

17. bryan_tohcy
    Froyo Jun 20, 2014

bryan_tohcy , Jun 20, 2014 :
    The display is the very main reason why we want a smart phone yeah?

18. Dexter Morgan
    Community Veteran Jun 20, 2014

Dexter Morgan , Jun 20, 2014 :
    One of the main reasons.

19. timothy9090
    Honeycomb Jun 20, 2014

timothy9090 , Jun 20, 2014 :
    I don't see shit. Just put it on eBay if you don't want it. Earn 1000$ and get a better phone.

20. donalgodon

The thing is that JDI is not crap. They make great stuff, and this clearly isn't an issue with all the units shipped so far, so we can hope that OP will step up to do the right thing here.