YOG4PAS3JL issues

1. ADMstar
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2015

ADMstar , Nov 9, 2015 :
    After YOG4PAS3JL, my battery life has come down to 3-4
    hours with 3G on?? lot many apps restarting time and again.. Phone HEATING like
    A molten-rock while using 3G and Charging.. Please someone help..

waheedsust likes this.
  2. maurya77
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2015

maurya77 , Nov 9, 2015 :
    I had Installed 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL 03 days ago following issues arising-
    1- Battery draining too fast, phone automatically switches off when battery remains 33 %.
    2- Also while using lock-screen, music player starts playing by itself.

sparkyplus and waheedsust like this.
  3. amit pathak
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2015

4. Morttem
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2015

5. reenus
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2015

reenus , Nov 11, 2015 :
    After this update my network disconnects very often. Please give solution.

6. Slatter191
    Lollipop Nov 11, 2015

7. mjliang
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2015

pawana likes this.
  8. scontumelio
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2015

scontumelio , Nov 11, 2015 :
    I just got this update last Friday and my battery life is absolutely awful now. :( Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

9. jokicha
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2015

jokicha , Nov 11, 2015 :
    my battery life is the same
    but my reception is crap, the notification windows are black with black text (sometimes) and touchscreen is not as responsive as 05Q, 44S, 38R, etc.

no I don't want to do a factory reset. too much hassle.

fix it NOW! CyangogenMod!

please. I like COS12. :D

10. alexlam24
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2015

Joe de pro likes this.
  11. Hanisha
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2015

Hanisha , Nov 12, 2015 :
    It also takes very long time to charge..
    Before the update, my phone takes 30 to 45 mins to reach 100%. But now, it takes more than 5 hours to reavh 100%

12. agustine
    Eclair Nov 12, 2015

agustine , Nov 12, 2015 :
    actually friends i have installed the update from very first time..and havent seen any of these problems,,so i recommending u friends make a clean install,,posibly best is fastboot install :)

13. azeez4901
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 14, 2015

azeez4901 , Nov 14, 2015 :
    mine takes as always 1 hr 15 mins for a full charge from 5%.

14. azeez4901
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 14, 2015

azeez4901 , Nov 14, 2015 :
    If any chances of BUG- then i should have because i am on multirom and COS5.1 3JL is my secondary rom. I am using it without Rooting. no probs with DATA /WIFI.. infact i feel wifi is more stable. I use 2G due to location but never issues with 3G or 4G either,. I believe this is all due to bad updating.. maybe small glitches on OTA.. no need to do full wipe.. just take a back up of your existing apps using ES explorer (apk files) and then wipe cache, data, system and flash, then you can install the apk files so that you dont have to re-download em.

jokicha likes this.
  15. naveen79
    Eclair Nov 14, 2015

naveen79 , Nov 14, 2015 :
    Music is not playing in any music player in ear phones as well as speaker in the latest COSYOG4PAS3JL.. Any fix?? PLease share!!

16. ADMstar
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2015

ADMstar , Nov 15, 2015 :
    Have you noticed that battery has been poorer beginning in the past 1/2 days? That's not a coincidence.

The new Google Play Services update is slowly rolling out to all Android devices, it happens in the background without you knowing and it occurs over the course of a week (so you might not have been hit yet - But you will be).

This update has a flaw with devices running a custom ROM (eg CyanogenMod) where it keeps checking for updates (Specifically, the SystemUpdateService keeps the device awake), and thus using battery up very fast.

How to check if you are affected by this or not:
    Use your phone for a day as normal, when it has been used for a decent amount of time do the following...
    1. Go to settings and tap on battery.
    2. In the battery menu, look for "Google Services" - If this is using a high portion of battery then you are probably affected by the bug, if you tap on it and look at CPU total and it is more than an hour then something is definitely wrong and you are likely affected.

Here's the temporary fix if you are affected: (NON ROOT ONLY)
    1. Go to settings and press Privacy
    2. Press on Privacy Guard
    3. Press the Menu key and then tap on advanced
    4. Go to the Device tab and tap Google Play Services
    5. Scroll to "Keep Awake" and change it to "Denied"
    6. Close the menu, you are done!
    Note: I've heard from some that this needs to be repeated after a reboot, but for others it stays, keep an eye on the setting.

This issue has occurred before in the past with the 25R update (A long time ago at the device launch but was fixed by a CyanogenMod update, but it affected devices for weeks before it was fixed.)

Here's the fix if you are rooted: (ROOT ONLY)
    This fix is better because it actually fixes the real issue, rather than just blocking Google Play Services from waking your device up. It also survives reboots.
    1. Download the "Disable Service" app from the Play Store.
    2. Open and go to the "System" tab.
    3. Scroll and find Google Play Services and tap on it.
    4. Check "System Update Service" (Yes, I know checking it seems counter intuitive but do it anyway)
    5. Done!
    Note: Unfortunately this will not survive a reboot. You will need to redo this after reboots.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
    If you have applied these settings and notice crashes or issues you didn't experience before, follow the same steps you did before but change the Google Play Services Keep Awake setting to Allowed again.

17. sparkyplus
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2015

sparkyplus , Nov 15, 2015 :

This one i'm also facing:
    1- Battery draining too fast, phone automatically switches off when battery remains 33 %.

18. prasadakmar
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2015

prasadakmar , Nov 17, 2015 :
    I am facing issue in call quality after the update YOG4PAS3JL . Its really bad. I am able to hear properly, but the recipient is not. Is anyone facing similar issue?
    Also, my Wireless hotspot keeps shutting down in a while, all by itself.
    And, music player starts randomly while in locked state.

Please reply if you have any fix for this.

19. psymin
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2015

psymin , Nov 17, 2015 :
    Ever since the update, I've notice an impact on the WiFi signal.
    I can be sitting next to my router and my signal can still drop.
    Cyanogen, please fix this problem

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015

20. 2207
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2015