You can't miss it: AMA about OnePlus HQ is coming!

1. Fleming F.
    Community Trainee Aug 10, 2020

Fleming F. , Aug 10, 2020 :
    AMAHQ.png
    Hi friends,

Hoping you are healthy and delight with your summertime. As many of you asked in AMA-What's next, you'd like to know us better, and want to know OnePlus HQ in Shenzhen. Now, it's time to hold a Live AMA to answer your question!

You can leave questions in the comments, questions about anyone and anything you'd like to know in OnePlus HQ, such as our Community team, Nord team, OS team, Customer service team, Product team... Even Pete and Carl is possible to have an appearance. Moreover, we are rejoiced to introduce our user ambassadors to you, who will interact and keep connection with you in our community.

@Iwen X. (QE Assistant Lead)
    @Well W. (Testing engineer)
    @Kai Wang. (Image Project Manager)
    @Chris X. @Sharon W. @Yuki H. (Imaging effect Testing engineer)
    @Will Z. (Sensor structure engineer)
    @Hyne Shan. (Develop engineer)
    @Alec X. (ROM Engineer)
    @Melinda M. (Carrier Product manager)
    @Cassius N. (Strategy Analyst)

:laughing: Of course, we will show you our products, office, gym, canteen and so on. Feel free to ask, and we'll satisfy your curiosity.

Rules

You are more than welcome to drop your question in the comments below. Because of the limited time, we will pick some questions randomly. We appreciate your understanding, so make sure you ask a great and interesting question!
    1. Make sure your question is related to the OnePlus team or OnePlus HQ
    2. Remember to tag or mention the relevant staff member.
    3. Only one question from each user will be answered.
    4. Considering your questions may have already been asked by other Community friends, we recommend you to give those questions likes instead of creating a duplicated one.
    5. We will select 5 lucky users and give away OnePlus Buds.
    6. One lucky user will win a OnePlus Nord (8+128G) in the live!
    7. Standard terms and conditions applied.
    This Live show will be held from 11:00 to 12:00 HKT Aug 14 | 8:30 to 9:30 IST Aug 14 | 23:00 to 24:00 EDT Aug 13 on OnePlus Instagram account, you can leave questions on Instagram, too. It's a good chance to see the background of OnePlus, why not join us and have fun?

We'll wait to see you.;)

August 14 update
    Lucky draw winners: (Instagram ID)

OnePlus Buds: will.anto20, rathishvirat, Smollbeanahin, 7ussain1234, animeshaei.inc
    OnePlus Nord (8+128G): ram28716

To know more about the live, please check the weekly update 348 and weekly update weekly update 349

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2020

2. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Aug 12, 2020

Stickied Post
    Crystal Z. , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Anyone wants to see some un-released phone models? We've got something to show you during the livestream, stay tuned. And feel free to tag @Hope L. if you want to see something special. ;)

3. Gab0__
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

4. Lokesh Dutta
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

Lokesh Dutta , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi @Pete & @Carl in which theme the OnePlus HQ is based on.

What is the Unique Specific part of the OnePlus HQ which makes it out of the box.

Hope you enjoying lots in the OnePlus HQ. I want to visit the HQ. If I got the chance to visit.

[e]1f60a[/e][e]1f60a[/e][e]1f609[/e][e]1f609[/e]

Hasan Khawari and TDubs like this.
  5. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2020

iharshjjain , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Wow.. this is what we have been waiting for a look in OnePlus HQ..
    Below are my following questions:

Question for @Iwen X.
    what’s your role in OnePlus?

Question for @Well W.
    What are the standards (Not Machine or Automated) you look for when going for testing products? Do you consider Geographical Locations (Like India, US, EU) or its just China’s Location?

Question for @Cassius N.
    I know you are new here, but I want to know what with what mission you have come to OnePlus Personally as well as Professionally?
    How is the hiring process in OnePlus?

Question for @Carl or @Pete
    Why there is no support for AR in OnePlus Nord?
    It’s like you created history by launching a Phone in AR in the whole world which is not supporting AR.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020

6. Dasuwalia
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

7. asishgrwl
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

asishgrwl , via OnePlus 3T Gunmetal , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Pete some trivia questions for you:
    1. How many teams are there in OnePlus HQ?
    2. What's the total number of members in OnePlus HQ when you add up all the members of all the teams?
    3. How many workstations are there in OnePlus HQ?

@Carl which team is your favorite and can we get a VR / AR based virtual tour of the OnePlus HQ in the near future?

Question for both of you. Who is (a) the naughtiest and (b) the funniest in the Community Team?

Question for all the members of OnePlus HQ. What's the best place to be in, in the OnePlus HQ and do you all enjoy some nights/days with some fun filled activities like Gaming Night, Movie Night, a specific cuisine night/day, etc.?

Gotta catch see 'em all.:D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

8. Navdeep_Malik

Navdeep_Malik , Aug 10, 2020 :
    AMA is always great!
    @Fleming F. here are my questions
    Edit: I got three questions ..sorry i couldnot stop but ask!

1. Can you guys just be at HQ like for days without going home...do you have those sleeping areas...the sleeping pods or something!

2.And whats the most hi tech part /section of the HQ ?

3.what are some fun activities you have there on HQ when you are exhausted or need a break perhaps!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020

9. TheGadgetGirl
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

10. TheGadgetGirl
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

kenkon likes this.
  11. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Aug 10, 2020

rassawyer and G_plusone like this.
  12. Dhr888
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

13. K1ngP1n

K1ngP1n , Aug 10, 2020 :
    When you guys gonna accept that there is display issues in Nord and 8 series and the customer support is BullSh*t.

14. jithu7
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

jithu7 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi OnePlus team @Pete,

Ever since OnePlus started I am a big fan of yours, but I was never able to afford a phone of OnePlus. But it all changed last few weeks and now I am using OnePlus Nord. Thank you for a great phone.

Apart from being a fan I am an engineer (electronics and communication) too. My question is how can I be a part of your engineering team(simply I wanna work for OnePlus)??

This is also one of my ultimate goal. so please give me some suggestions.

STOEmma likes this.
  15. K1561383325620
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

16. shishupalkr
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

F_Vijay_Kumarg_kLTK likes this.
  17. D1561382655561
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

18. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Aug 10, 2020

luigimario , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hey Fleming, great idea! Something you said really caught my attention so I need to ask, what is the best/your favourite dish available in the canteen/cafeteria?

I feel like I should ask @Crystal Z. as well. If I remember correctly, she enjoys snacks as much as @Ruby G. did :D

Swatiranjan and MosheG1 like this.
  19. sam311

sam311 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Carl @Pete As you know india is one of the backbone of Oneplus ... When we are going to see new Oneplus Office in India....

What are the plans of Oneplus team in near future for Indian Users.. And as you know in India all Chinese products are being boycotted...Is Oneplus gonna do something different for Indian Users to retain it's place....

No doubt Oneplus is the best company in terms of Customer satisfaction .... But still we want to know @Pete @Carl

Are you guys gonna do something different for Indian audience..,.

A1597070788109 likes this.
  20. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F.
    Thanks for the AMA

In the weekly update threads, It's really great to see you people enjoy a lot in the Head Quarters.
    Well, Anyone Can answer any /all of my questions [e]1f60a[/e]
    Hello dear,
    @Iwen X. @Well W. @Kai Wang. @Chris X. @Sharon W. @Yuki H. @Will Z. @Hyne Shan. @Alec X. @Melinda M. @Cassius N.
    We have already met @Kai Wang. & @Sharon W. (Jinjin)
    My questions are -

For New joinees,
    1. What are the Induction programs undertaken when a new trainee joins the headquarters. ( Common programs for all joinees); At present, Who is the most serious kind of person who needs some laughter dose everyday and who is the most funny one.
    2. How is the organization structure in the Headquarters. Who leads which team ?
    3. How ofter @Pete & @Carl interacts with staffs ? Staffs doesn't mean Only Heads.
    4. How did you deal with/presently dealing with the Covid situation at HQ. ( What are the new safety norms & how do you implement them); Any interesting DYI invented by any HQ staff and implemented the same ?
    5. What is the procedure of forming a team; when a contest is held in Community, is it random ?
    6. How a new idea from any staff is collected, discussed and implemented in HQ ?
    7. What is the most special day celebrated the biggest in the HQ ( like founders day or any festival) ; I know almost every day is celebrated but I would like to know as a staff of OnePlus what is that day you all are eagerly waiting for. ( Not the day when salary is credited😜)

Thanks a lot @Fleming F. for bringing this AMA, my special ❣️ for @Amanda W. , @Trista W. , @Crystal Z. , @Zach X. @Fleming F. for getting connected with us. My good wishes to all hardworking oneplus team. I wish I could name all the staffs who are working day & night for keeping the community alive.

❣️SRD

21. Vansh99

Vansh99 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Thanks for another AMA, was looking forward to have one for the OS Team, this does satisfy that :)

My question goes to the OS Team, specifically to @Alec X.
    There are a lot of teasers regarding OOS11. Definitely a step up from just being a "near stock Android experience", giving the software its own taste now. I would assume the feature updates would decrease as it was a huge redesign.

Are there any plans on improving in terms of providing security patches earlier and/or faster? Like instead of providing a stable update in 2 months which may include some extra features alongside the security patch, give out updates that fix critical bugs and updates the security patch and maybe drop the feature updates to quarterly.

In past, OnePlus was excellent at delivering security patches (mind you, still bimonthly) early in the month, now we get to see those updates coming with the latest security patch at the end of the month.