You can't miss it: AMA about OnePlus HQ is coming!

1. ASCHENTE_V , via OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition , Aug 10, 2020 :
    I'm one of those guys, who might dig you in the grave with my awkward questions, and I never stop being persistent and pushy)

@Pete, @Carl, @Iwen X., @Well W., @Kai Wang., @Chris X., @Sharon W., @Yuki H., @Will Z., @Hyne Shan., @Alec X., @Melinda M. , @Cassius N. I'll ask you my 2 favourite questions...

1. When will you stop marketing OOS as bloatware free? Otherwise delete all crappy bloat (Netflix, doze mode, game space, rcc, Facebook services etc), including paid ones. Shed some light on your Android Plus experience... As you can see some people agree with me 🤔

1597033286506.jpg

2. When will you fix display issues (tinting, black crush etc) or make official statement regarding all this bullshit happening under you nose?

As always, not expecting any answer... Enjoy or not 😈🍿🤭

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

2. thoma_hawk
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

thoma_hawk , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Where is the design and user experience team? Don't they have a place in HQ? @Carl @Pete Would love to know how the user experience team at OnePlus work with engineering and marketing teams and the impact they bring to each product. An example of how the experience team influenced certain decisions about the end product would be great. @Melinda M.

On a side note, is gaming a huge part of working at OnePlus? Do you guys have some station exclusively for gaming with colleagues? (Looking at all the tie-ups around gaming, I expect something there)

MemoryThief likes this.
  3. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 10, 2020

4. narceoneplus2
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2020

5. Preceptor

6. narceoneplus2

narceoneplus2 , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Hyne Shan.
    @Alec X.

1. When developing new features for OxygenOS, do they first get tested on the latest devices, and onto older devices after?

2. What is the thought process behind deciding which features get incorporated onto the stable build? Does the beta community play a role in deciding this?

MemoryThief likes this.

8. Gio567full

Gio567full , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Iwen X. @Well W. @Kai Wang. @Chris X. @Sharon W. @Yuki H. @Will Z. @Hyne Shan. @Alec X. @Melinda M. @Cassius N.

After having also participated in oxygen oef I noticed that you are very close, a nice family and I think this is fantastic especially in a team work.
    How do you separate work from your free time? When you are in a beautiful project like yours, it is not easy to take your head off and get out of HQ, how do you do it?
    You often ask us this question, what does Oneplus represent for you beyond work?
    I hope you don't always think about work too, otherwise we'll have a pair of @dsmonteiro and his hairstyle. :laughing: I'm joking, the truth is I'm jealous of him for everything he does, he is really lucky to have you. :)
    P.s I see a drum kit in the photo, which of you on the team play it? I play it too and now I understand your rock and roll spirit.:tonguewink:
    I think that @Carl and @Pete have really done an incredible job in choosing the team, all staff in the forum are perfect so tell us the secret are you all robots?:D Do you bring a coffee to the team every now and then?:p

Thank also to @Fleming F. @Crystal Z. @Zach X. @Trista W. @Amanda W. For the forum threads of this month

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020

GianpiPlus98 and deep0611 like this.
  9. Jimit19!
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

10. narceoneplus2

MemoryThief likes this.
  11. MaddyC
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

MaddyC , via OnePlus 5T , Aug 10, 2020 :
    This question is for anyone and everyone as I know everybody might have a different answer.

What is the longest meeting you've been a part of? Why did it go so long? And how was the discussion kept lively?

I ask this because now that I've started work I see that meetings, although online are the only way to brainstorm. So what idea was so intriguing that it kept multiple people going?

12. narceoneplus2

narceoneplus2 , via OnePlus 6T , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Carl
    @Pete

First of all, THANK YOU for bringing to life an absolutely, incredible device! I have been a fan of OnePlus since its Inception. In fact, once I purchased my first OnePlus device, the OnePlus One, I never left the OnePlus family. I also happily own the 3T and the 6T. Well, to make a long story short, I am definitely interested in a OnePlus ecosystem, which is where I see things currently going. Therefore, I was wondering if there were any plans to bring to the United States the OnePlus TV. If so, when?

13. narceoneplus2

14. manojsurya99
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2020

MemoryThief and Karun Deep like this.
  15. deep0611
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

deep0611 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hey @Fleming F.
    Thanks for the AMA

Hey @Carl and @Pete my questions for you

You know this is a tough time in pandemic.
    What facilities are offering in your headquarters to employees to overcome depression (because in these type of time anyone can depressed with work pressure, time bound result and due to failure in what you want to achieve from them)?

What safety norms are you applying in this Covid 19 situation at headquarters?

How is work culture in headquarters?

What are main qualities you see in a candidate to offer job in Oneplus apart from education qualifications?

Who is final decision maker for design and price for a new product?

MemoryThief likes this.
  16. A1547525078385
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

17. Drishtant Kumar
    Donut Aug 10, 2020

Drishtant Kumar , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Carl Hey there I was really curious as Chinese products in India are being boycotted by the public what are you plans to remedy it?

MemoryThief likes this.
  18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Aug 10, 2020

YRJ , Aug 10, 2020 :
    This is niceee! Will be back soon with questions ;)

Edit:

Hello @Fleming F. ,
    Thanks for the AMA, I don't really participate in AMA's but this time I have a rather interesting question. Hope in not too late and that my questions will still be considered :oops:

@Carl & @Pete

I'll admit that OnePlus is a still growing and relatively small company when compared to other key players. Hence this is more of a hypothetical question, that I believe will have an interesting answer!
    Apple built a giant spaceship for its headquarters, Google has its very own Google Plex and Samsung has a digital city. However, I'm curious to hear how do you envision your HQ to be? If OnePlus outgrows itself and expands (Never Settle, afterall ;) ) where would it's HQ be and what would it look like? Being a symbol of what is important to the company and at the same time being able to send a signal of its values, how do you envision it to be?

I'd be really glad and thankful if you can convince Carl or Pete to answer this question.
    Please? *puppyface*
    C.c. @Amanda W. , @Crystal Z. , @dsmonteiro , @Trista W. , @Zach X.

Also, I'm looking forward to the surprise @Hope L. :D

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020

Swatiranjan and Overzee like this.
  19. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2020

MemoryThief and ASCHENTE_V like this.
  20. palc001

palc001 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    My question for the Community team:
    Do all the members have to go to office to work or some members also work from home on an everyday basis? (I'm talking in general, the scenario where this pandemic world doesn't exist.)

My question for the OS team:
    1. When a new idea get's pitched in by someone inside, how many rounds of talks and considerations are done before implementing into the OS? What's the strategy you follow?
    2. What was the shortest time ever it took you to release a bug fix?

My question for the Nord team:
    1. How did you decide what price segment you wanted to target for the Nord? Did you think of targeting the lower mid-range or the budget-range market yet?
    2. Why did you think a 2MP macro camera makes sense? Just, why?

MemoryThief likes this.