You can't miss it: AMA about OnePlus HQ is coming!

1. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 13, 2020

2. Last edited: Sep 15, 2020

3. SRD.
    Lollipop Aug 13, 2020

SRD. , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Wanted to ask few more questions:

@Iwen X. : Nice to meet you. Do you want to add anything special to your testing lab to enhance product reliability. Have you ever visited apple/Samsung labs to check their quality standards ? What is your favourite place to hang out with.

@Well W. : As a testing Engineer what do you thing is the most dangerous test to a smartphone. How do you test SAR value of a smartphone ?

@Kai Wang. :
    Nice meeting you again red & white Kai, Hope this time you'll catch the Hen 😜. My question for you is, What is the next generation image sensor be like ? Adding more lenses / increasing sensor size , focusing system fine tuning ???

@Chris X.
    @Sharon W.
    @Yuki H.

Hi Jinjin, Chris & Yuki , Nice meeting you, How do you ensure image effects intended matches your requirement, I mean is there any software to ensure that or just clicked images are matched/checked thoroughly to check it manually.

@Will Z.

Hi Will, What is the next generation Sensor in a smartphone looks like ? Without going for a more number of Camera can't we play around the sensor /lenses to rethink in reduction of no of Cameras like in iphone/pixel phones.

@Hyne Shan.

Hi Hyne, The concept of NORD came from where ??? How do you integrate all components and check functionality in a device. How do you simulate ?

@Alec X.
    What was the thinking behind a 12 GB mid range smartphone ? Can we implement a 1TB ROM in a smartphone ? What would be the impact on the size of the device ?

@Melinda M.

Hi Melinda, OnePlus Pad and Smartwatch are the need of the day, When are you planning for these devices ? What is your favourite place in the Headquarters ??

@Cassius N.
    Product marketing strategy worked really well for all smartphones. How do you transform yourself from a flagship killer to a flagship device, what risk is involved during the transformation ???

Finally Questions for @Carl @Pete , How much hours/minutes do you spend dedicatedly for the community app ? How is your daily routine be like ? How do you collect feedback & implement them ?

Kai Wang. and yashwant24 like this.
  4. icykingfisher
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

5. Dharanikumar97
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

Dharanikumar97 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    @Well W. and @Will Z.

How do you carry out the testing process to ensure the devices are flawless. Apart from the drop test, pressure test, water-proof test, what are the other testing methods you implement to deliver a device without a mark.

6. Szilvi
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

Szilvi , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Hi OnePlus team! :)
    What is the next generation image sensor be like? @Kai Wang.
    How much time do you spend dedicatedly for the community app? @Well W.
    Are you planning to release a OnePlus Watch? (please say yes;)) @Hyne Shan.
    Thank you for your answers!

7. devil112
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2020

devil112 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Sure sure excited

8. devil112
    Honeycomb Aug 13, 2020

devil112 , via OnePlus 6 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Why there no no metal frame in OnePlus Nord (it wouldn't have cost you much) years back you provided opX with ceramic and metal so why not with OnePlus nord? Metal frame would have given it more boost in sales. Ik it's already boosted in sale numbers but just and idea. @Well W.

9. Subin.stha54
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

Subin.stha54 , via OnePlus 3 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Hey there everyone ,looking forward for the live AMA.
    I want to know,well it's a general curiosity that how's the office life in the HQ and what interesting aspect of the HQ makes you work harder and better.
    Also I want to know what strategies and inspirations(marketing and product management) HQ takes to keep OnePlus always at the top of the game.
    @Iwen X. @Well W. @Kai Wang. @Chris X. @Sharon W. @Yuki H. @Will Z. @Hyne Shan. @Melinda M. @Cassius N.

Hopefully my questions will be answered .Thank you...

10. G_Luther_David_A_Hall_hj
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

G_Luther_David_A_Hall_hj , Aug 13, 2020 :
    After making such an Awesome phone why not make an equally Awesome tablet with a build in pen holder...any plans on that??? Don't you think is a great productivity move??

11. Z1567192992880
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

Z1567192992880 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    with the weight and size of the one plus phone, is there a three axis gimbal that can be used without taking off the protective case?

12. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Aug 13, 2020

The1Lion , Aug 13, 2020 :
    @Melinda M. Hello from North America! When working with a carrier like T-Mobile in the US, does that impact the decision on which devices will be offered in that region? For instance if the next device offered by OnePlus is the 8T and 8T Pro and T-Mobile decides just to sell the 8T and not the 8T Pro, will only the 8T then be offered in the US?

@Fleming F. - why so late for North America?!?!?! :p We'll see if I am still awake, or getting my beauty rest for work the next morning. :D

13. AlienEye
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Aug 13, 2020

14. rinkimekari
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2020

15. X1597335550173 , via OnePlus 8 T-Mobile , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Hi @Well W.

-How hard was it to make the design from a sketch and put it into the computer design?

-How much fun is it to make the design

-How long does it take to make a design that get approved?

-How much requirements do you have to make the design go through and how long does it take does the whole process take?

16. Tootsy42
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

Tootsy42 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    I like to know if you guys are looking into doing deals with other telecommunications companies as you did with T-Mobile??

17. nitesh.597
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

nitesh.597 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    @Will Z. @Cassius N. My question is How do you design the sensor structure for an upcoming mobile so that it gives a fresh feel compared to existing OnePlus mobiles and what strategy is maintained while designing and development of the sensors... Bcoz I feel we can't compare OnePlus to other brands and sensors are one of the best things in the Phones right from OnePlus One...