You can't miss it: AMA about OnePlus HQ is coming!

1. akhilesh_m
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

akhilesh_m , Aug 10, 2020 :
    My question is to @Hyne Shan. @Cassius N. @Carl

OnePlus is known to experiment with design and colours , what goes in choosing/developing a certain colour ?

What strategies are in place for naming (e.g. Nord Blue, Nebula Blue, Onyx black etc) and developing it to get that certain look and feel?

2. kinduff
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

kinduff , Aug 10, 2020 :
    What technology is behind your websites? For example: the forums, the shop, etc.

3. Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

4. sahildawani
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

sahildawani , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    hey .@Iwen X. (QE Assistant Lead) @Well W. (Testing engineer)@Kai Wang. (Image Project Manager) @Chris X. @Sharon W. @Yuki H. (Imaging effect Testing engineer)@Will Z. (Sensor structure engineer) @Hyne Shan. (Develop engineer) @Alec X. (ROM Engineer) @Melinda M. (Carrier Product manager) @Cassius N. (Strategy Analyst

I am so excited for this i wanns see Pete and carl's office in the hq i think it would be as premium as their device's [e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e] plz @Pete @Carl

5. rajbhuvan807
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

MemoryThief and Bennylamchop like this.
  6. Anil_Hajari
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

7. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2020

Girish.Pranav , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Thanks again for the AMA @Fleming F.!
    This is exciting to ask questions about the OnePlus HQ and congrats to the new ambassadors. I have multiple questions for all of them.
    @Iwen X. @Well W. @Kai Wang. @Chris X. @Sharon W.. @Yuki H. @Will Z. @Hyne Shan. @Alec X. @Melinda M. @Hope L.

So here the questions :

1) What is the place in HQ where you guys let your stress out, hang out and get the at most peace?

2) Were there any times that you guys spent your work hours, not working at all?

3) Were there any times where you guys had to “stay” in the HQ due to work?

4) How is the HQ handling the COVID situation? Did it become hard for you to work during the initial stages of Nord?

5) Do you get fed up of the canteen food and order from outside?

6) Every team or a workspace has an inside joke on something/someone. Does the HQ have any?

7) Okay, this is a weird question, but does the HQ have a music place or any jukebox for some good beats?

8) Do @Pete and @Carl have a coffee mug like this? Cause they definitely need one, don’t they?

michael Scott.jpg

9) Okay most important of all, DO YOU GUYS HAVE HALLOWEEN PARTIES?

Also a bonus and a simple question to the pillars of the community @Fleming F.,@Crystal Z. @Amanda W. @Zach X. (busy at the camp) @Trista W. (I could have added more people, thought should not make the post big):
    What was the most interesting thing you noticed when you first visited the HQ?

I've tried many AMA's but wasn't lucky in any of those. don't think this will make it too, but Never Sette right?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

MemoryThief likes this.
  9. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2020

10. Aman8126
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Aman8126 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Alec X.
    So i have been using my one plus 8 pro from 2 months near yesterday i got the notification of Qualcomm crash dump mode all black screen just some crash notification
    I panicked and restart it by volume up and power button
    So can you plz tell me what it was and how i solve it in future
    By the way 🖤best phone

12. R1597052098130
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

R1597052098130 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @OnePlus

I just wanted to start by saying how much I admire your company, taking a genuine and solid stand against corporate bigshots like Apple and Samsung.

I have been watching your releases since the oneplus 2, tried getting into some of those referral programs back then.

My question is aimed towards @Pete and @Carl, how did Oneplus start? Like what is your 'Built in the Garage' story? Was it difficult to get going?

Hope you guys ask my question, i will definitely be tuned in on the 14th.

Massive Fan
    Michael Dann

13. siddhant.sabnis
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

14. Krtz
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Krtz , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Kamusta OnePlus team Kirtz here from Philippines,

As a new fan of OnePlus Products, just curious about How do you come up with the OnePlus Nord (name & ideas) and the awesome marketing ideas of it? @Carl @Cassius N.

Salamat and cheers to more success!

15. VISHAL_1999 , via OnePlus 5T Sandstone White , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Why doesn't the oneplus buds gives all the features enabled with all oneplus devices? Like supporting dolby in only few models and other configurations only in few models. Since im using the oneplus 5t Sandstone model, i want to know is it better to buy the buds for my device or you will introduce any other buds models having as a successor of oneplus buds supporting all features to all oneplus models?

16. Gowhar97
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

Gowhar97 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Respected sir @Carl and @Pete
    I am from kashmir,
    I was a big fan of MI and i used there phone for 2.5 years.
    And i was waiting for their another phone.
    But recently i saw the aids of @OnePlusNord everywhere
    And i became so much interested that i used to see your each and every post, i started to follow your pages.
    And waited for almost 2 months for your phone
    And Finally i switched to OnePlus nord.
    I am typing this message from my OnePlus nord.
    And i am soo Happy [e]1f60a[/e]
    Now my question is that how you got this brilliant idea to make such a hype and advertising this soo much,so that everyone can get to know about this phone???
    Hope sir your good self will not get bored by this long message
    But surely i want to know my answer.
    Thanks sir[e]1f64f[/e]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020

MemoryThief likes this.
  17. sritejkoduru
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2020

sritejkoduru , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Is oneplus pay is coming in oxygen os 11?

18. mayuresh_abhang
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

mayuresh_abhang , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    how does it feel to be back in mid range device segment and recieving such an humongous response. I miss the good old days of OnePlus One where it was marketed as "Flagship killer" . I have been fan of this philosophy and number 1 reason why I chose Nord this time without doing my research.

19. G_plusone
    Nougat Aug 10, 2020

the_o2 likes this.
  20. R1597053440955
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

R1597053440955 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Pete could you show the gym?

@Hyne Shan what is the primary programming language used for developing oxygen OS?

Thanks for the AMA