You can't miss it: AMA about OnePlus HQ is coming!

1. G_Isa_Ramdath_tGgs , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Melinda M. , @carl pei , @Cassius N. , @ Entire Nord Team.
    I have been a huge fan of oneplus devices ever since the release of the first oneplus Flagship killer, And am thrilled that Oneplus has returned to the Flagship Killer Killer market with the Oneplus nord.

My Question is :1) Is the Nord going to get a US realease?
    And 2) Roughly How long will It be Untill we see
    a US Nord?

Thank you for your time and thank you for your work @OnePlus team,

Wish you Safety and Health in these times.

MemoryThief likes this.
  2. darsvil
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

darsvil , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hello, OnePlus Team. Could @Carl please tell if a 5000 mAh battery could be possible for next flagship phone?

Thank you.

3. Kumarson Shrestha
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Kumarson Shrestha , Aug 10, 2020 :
    So is there any chance of oneplus buds to be premium? I mean to go all out specs to bring high level audio quality and industry level active noise cancellation???... @Iwen X. (QE Assistant Lead) @@Well W.(Testing engineer)@@Kai Wang. (Image Project Manager) @@Chris X.@@Sharon W.@@Yuki H. (Imaging effect Testing engineer)@@Will Z. (Sensor structure engineer) @@Hyne Shan. (Develop engineer) @@Alec X. (ROM Engineer) @@Melinda M. (Carrier Product manager) @@Cassius N. (Strategy Analyst) @Pete @Carl @Carl!

4. Teocrates
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

5. fromsophie
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

fromsophie , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Pete & @Carl - How does the OP team operate. Are you usually fully office based or do you allow staff to work more remotely? With Covid-19 I'm guessing more staff will have been working from home, how have you managed that to allow for productivity and motivation stay within the whole OP team?

MemoryThief likes this.
  6. thetogg
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

thetogg , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Cassius N. and @Alec X.

In a ever changing world of Technology and Mobile device uses how do your teams and or you two help each other? pertaining to the direction on OnePlus Product features and benefits for OnePlus customers.

7. W1592203367475
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

W1592203367475 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Aug 10, 2020 :
    First of alll one plus hatsoff
    Can you give us more customization in horizontal light
    I mean more colours in oxygen 11
    Anyways I would say the best skin for Android is oxygen
    But more customization needed in every aspect
    @IwenX @Pete.

8. TachyonQuanta
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

9. mohitsk
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

mohitsk , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Alec X. why do Oneplus phones now pack in the Facebook App Installer, Facebook App Manager, and Facebook Services as system apps, alongside the main Facebook app, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and Netflix. I have also heard that you can only disable it but not completely remove it, WHY ??

W1592203367475 likes this.
  10. mohitsk
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

mohitsk , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Alec X. why do Oneplus phones now pack in the Facebook App Installer, Facebook App Manager, and Facebook Services as system apps, alongside the main Facebook app, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and Netflix. I have also heard that you can only disable it but not completely remove it, WHY ??

11. sangramriku
    Eclair Aug 10, 2020

sangramriku , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi @Pete , @Keen x ,@welll w , @Kai Wang , @chris x , @sharon w , @Yuki H , @will z , @Hyne shan , @ Alec x , @melinda , @casine Nm
    First I thank you all for giving us a great device . My AMA about OnePlus HQ is , Who are Workholic among of you and Do you make friendship in between you at the worktime?

12. mokaeswar
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2020

mokaeswar , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Cassius N. and @Melinda M. (Ofcourse, @Pete and @Carl)
    OnePlus is adopting two pro models per year strategy. I was one among many who eagerly awaited for the launch of 8 Pro hoping we would find atleast one feature that's not leaked. In fact, I had a strong hope this will have 65W Fast Charging, as other brands are already using it.
    Even, you're capable of putting that in 8 Series itself, instead you've settled for 30W, which is over an year old now, saving 65W for 8T Series (hopefully). Similar is the case with SD865+.

My Question to you is,

Are you deliberately saving such features to give a strategic advantage to T Series or Is it because you don't want to mess up with new features in the early stage itself?
    @Fleming F., Thanks for hosting this and giving us opportunity to talk to the HQ members.

13. Poonam Khubchandani
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Poonam Khubchandani , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Well W. @Will Z. I have seen a whole lot of reviews on YouTube regarding Oneplus Nord and all the tech reviewers have criticized the 2MP macro lens camera & 5MP depth camera and have basically said that they are useless and are just kept to add numbers to the camera lens and to fool the consumers and they don't really serve any purpose. Ultrawide is kind of OK as well nothing up to the mark. so my question is that wont it have been appropriate to just add one front & one back camera and optimism it well like pixel does with pixel 4a & iPhone does with iPhone SE, why focus on quantity over quality

14. Poonam Khubchandani
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Poonam Khubchandani , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Well W. @Will Z. I have seen a whole lot of reviews on YouTube regarding Oneplus Nord and all the tech reviewers have criticized the 2MP macro lens camera & 5MP depth camera and have basically said that they are useless and are just kept to add numbers to the camera lens and to fool the consumers and they don't really serve any purpose. Ultrawide is kind of OK as well nothing up to the mark. so my question is that wont it have been appropriate to just add one front & one back camera and optimism it well like pixel does with pixel 4a & iPhone does with iPhone SE, why focus on quantity over quality

15. G1577079072219
    Froyo Aug 10, 2020

G1577079072219 , via OnePlus 7 , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @Cassius N, @Carl, @Pete. Oneplus is a premium segment brand and offers best of features which no other smartphone offers. What are your plans and targets to beat Apple in the premium segment. I am hopeful you will launch a super premium phone to take and beat apple head on.

16. U1596584758423
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

Attached Files:

17. C1586854297479
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

C1586854297479 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    @cassius N what's your next strategy towards the Nord series for the upcoming months? Since the strategy used for Nord is a massive hit, expecting many more creative thoughts from you[e]2764[/e]️[e]1f64f[/e]

18. rinkimekari
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2020

Dasuwalia likes this.
  19. H1596872231819
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2020

H1596872231819 , via OnePlus Nord , Aug 10, 2020 :
    Hi I am sorry but couple of issues I need to highlight
    I have first time shifted from iOS to OnePlus Nord , I needed an additional phone for my 2nd number
    Now for my issues faced
    I am been requesting thru community to help me to stop the announcement heard when we try to record calls voice moreover where does this file get stored after getting recorded ??? No one have even bothered
    I require to know if we can copy iOS notes to OnePlus any app
    I require to know if my phone's gets to lag how do I set it correct
    I know I am sounding kidish but it's a fact I am held up as there is NO responce to my queries as from IOS I have landed to OnePlus
    I am sure I have taken a correct step but pls help