your device isn't Play Protect certified. via OnePlus 7T

1. iamranjeetinfo
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2021

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021

2. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Sep 21, 2021

Aaron2017 , Sep 21, 2021 :
    You can try this workaround to possibly fix this, but no guarantee if it'll work tho.
    https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2021/...le-error-how-to-check-your-device-and-fix-it/
    If it doesn't you better contact support, this is a user forum, OnePlus won't read this here

McJader, pedjaboz and Sheppards like this.
  3. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Sep 21, 2021

Aaron2017 likes this.
  4. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2021

RaraBunny likes this.
  5. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Sep 23, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 23, 2021 :
    This by no means could be caused by a downloaded not certified apk file, or a bogus app, right? I've been around the forum for 2 years, and this is the first time I see any of this issue.

However I've seen people installing random downloaded apk files, and then complain about them not working or causing other funky problems

Aaron2017, KluGe and McJader like this.
  6. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 23, 2021

Drasm19 , Sep 23, 2021 :
    Thou art indeed a wise man !

Now tell me what godforsaken thing did half of the users commit that, most of them ended up losing Widevine L1 certification?

Was it also because of bogus apps?

Let me tell you something, My partner who is a doctor has barely 20 or so apps installed on her phone, all from play store, didn't tinker with the device in any way and only installs updates via official stable channels whenever they are released.
    She has never downloaded any apk files (isn't into tech related stuff) or any unknown crap, usually uses her OP7T Pro for reading purposes.

After installing OOS 11, she lost both Widevine L1 certification and Google Play device certification.

Now tell me, oh wise brother of mine, how is this exactly her fault?
    Before you answer, keep in mind that her case isn't the only one, the forum is full of such stories by genuinely disheartened users.

& the solution given here ?

If most of the little tricks don't work, take your phone to the nearest service center and get it re-certified.

Oh, forgot to mention, they'll also wipe your phone in order to get it certified.

Simple, elegant solution !

Bugplus ™

RaraBunny likes this.
  7. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2021

Sheppards , Sep 24, 2021 :
    I wanted to help. I don't work for OnePlus. I don't know why these problems exist. I don't know why I don't have any of them. I know what I saw on the forums. My widewine certification was fixed 2 updates ago (never used Netflix, sol didn't even know)

Moan all you want, but be aware that you're moaning to other users.

I'm no OnePlus dev to fix your issues. You can either try the community fixes, which may or may not work, or as You've said,

take it to the service center

Aaron2017, KluGe and McJader like this.
  8. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2021

Drasm19 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Then stop blaming users by saying that they might have screwed up their devices by themselves.

The truth is that off lately, OOS is becoming frustratingly bug ridden and top of that, OnePlus seems to act like there's nothing wrong with it.

Then there are users like you, who blatantly blame other users for such screw ups.

"I dOnt HaVe ThIs PrObLeM, KeEp MoAnIng".

That was real helpful, wasn't it?

I've told you that taking it to service center literally wipes everything on your phone to install that certification, and there's no guarantee from their side that it won't happen again.

Xiaomi has implemented a simple fix for this problem, where the user can download the certification to their phone from Xiaomi's servers after authentication (Fingerprint), a simple reboot and you have your certification back (provided that your phone isn't rooted or tinkered with).

The best part of this whole system is that its quick, efficient and the user doesn't end up losing their precious data.

Gone are the days when one could defend OnePlus by saying that they are "a small rebellious company taking on the industry giants".
    Everyone knows that OnePlus is owned by BBK, and that they've enough resources to mitigate these issues.

The reason why they don't care about this enough is because under every such geniune query, there'll be some clown like you who tries to make a mockery of these issues.

You think that by dissociating yourself from OnePlus and mocking the customers with genuine problems you are somehow being part of the solution- You are NOT.

I know that you are just another user like me, that's why your apathy/victim-blaming towards others is even more disheartening.

If you have nothing good to contribute, atleast refrain from spamming on genuine queries.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021

RaraBunny likes this.
  9. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Sep 24, 2021 :

1632494347611.jpg
    What's this then? 😉I at least tried to help multiple times in this topic alone.

All you contributed was starting an emotional argument

As I've said earlier, this is the first time I EVER seen this issue, but seen DOZENS of occasions when users did something to their own phone (like installing not certified apps). Seemed oddly familiar

Aaron2017 likes this.
  10. Flávio Coimbra Ferreira
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2021

11. Drasm19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 24, 2021

Drasm19 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Seriously?

You can't understand the difference between criticizing a brand and mocking a customer?

How was my argument emotional?

I stated cold hard facts. OnePlus has been sloppy with the updates and bug fixes and I just shared how other brands are tackling the same issues with innovative ideas which aren't hard to replicate.

If you are among the lucky bunch who didn't have any issues after updating, then I'm really happy for you.

If someone is drowning and you throw a sandwich at them and claim that you've tried to help them, it really doesn't count as "helping".

None of the suggestions you shared can actually fix the issue.

When you run out of ideas to counter an argument, it's always easy to ridicule the opponent with silly jibes, but those jibes have to be atleast sensible.

I do not wish to engage in this conversation any more.

It'd be great if you realised that just because you encounter an issue for the first time, doesn't mean that many others haven't gone through it already.

Peace and good health to you.

RaraBunny likes this.
  12. L1633466405577
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2021 at 9:11 PM