your opinions on baltimore

1. ameen123
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

ameen123 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    More whit people are killed by cops? Are they the same circumstances though? Freddie grays death was unnecessary, it made no sense at all. Even with the death of the Michael Brown , why did the cop shoot 7 times or whatever when Michael wasn't even looking at him. Shoot once that's forgivable but 7 times.

B-Rad likes this.
  2. frankiecortina
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 28, 2015

frankiecortina , Apr 28, 2015 :
    I live in a neighbouring city. I find it disgusting. And to find it in these fourms makes me feel embarrassed. Trust me the city I live in next to it is not like that. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about black shootings by white cops. Sure some cops are bad but racism is barely a thing in my books. Within the next couple generations I think it will be almost completely gone. Those idiots in Baltimore are just burning and destroying their own homes and cops are afraid to do their jobs as they may get sued or lose there job are even go to prison. Its disgusting

3. frankiecortina

One mans death by a bad cop is not a reason to smash someone's car who has nothing to do with it. Or shops that are minding their own business. If these people wanted to protest, go to the police station not innocent peoples cars. Also Freddy gray was not so innocent either. It just shows things can go wrong if not handled correctly

4. frankiecortina

I heard that and damn that pissed me off.

5. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2015

gmanphx , Apr 28, 2015 :
    I agree.I think police most likely used excessive force even if Freddy Gray was a shithead,he didn't deserve to be horribly maimed and die as the result of police actions. Looting a CVS of its drugs and then burning it; doesn't do a ******* thing except make 90% of America the police should stomp the shit out the criminals.

I'll tell you what I'd do if a group of people came and tried to loot my business. I'd use my model 870 to defend my life and property.

ameen123 likes this.
  6. frankiecortina

Sooner or later cops will be afraid to do their jobs. If a black man comes at them with a gun they won't know what to do. Shoot and defend themselves but then risk losing his/her job. Racism should be a thing of the past. The only way to eliminate it is to stop bringing it up. Media is making it worse then it sounds to make good stories. Its going to only make those people who are still racist feel that way. Its going to be the second civil war. Racism as a whole shouldn't be a question here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015

Linanc7 and ameen123 like this.
  7. Zach1928
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

Zach1928 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    Don't bring up Michael Brown, the state police and the DOJ both proved Darren Wilson used justifiable force because Brown was assaulting him. If someone is running at you with the intent to harm, you shoot until they are down on the ground. And another thing, we don't know the facts. If the officers broke the law, they should be punished like everyone else. These people want action at the snap of their finger and that isn't how it works. We need to hear the facts before everyone gets up in arms.

justinlee.97 and gmanphx like this.
  8. np3est8x
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

np3est8x , Apr 28, 2015 :
    New way of knowing the weather:

If the blacks are rioting, then it's nice outside.

bakerbarber and Zach1928 like this.
  9. WakaWakaWaka

WakaWakaWaka , Apr 28, 2015 :
    I'm sure no one will agree but, if a life is taken unnecessarily does the race really matter. All lives matter

Linanc7, B-Rad, 0mnomnom and 2 others like this.
  10. ameen123
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

Yea I'm not aggreing with them doing the riots. A protest would be better but their sick and tired. What if your family member smoked weed and did a couple of bad stuff every now and then. But the fact he was innocent when being arrested at that time is the problem. The police also hurt him when he was in their custody for no apparent reason
    Of course if someone came at you , you'd defenddefend yourself but the thing is your not the problem , its the scumbag cops ( not all cops , some are good). They should not be attacking but I guess they don't know what else to do. The cops aren't being prosecuted.

B-Rad likes this.
  11. ameen123
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

So u shoot a innocent man 7 times? Where's the logic in that. Michael brown had NO weapons and I'm pretty sure the cop shot him in the back. A good cop should have used a taser. You can't shoot a guy 7 times, I understand maybe once for safety but after the first shot he would've been down.

B-Rad likes this.
  12. ameen123
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

Well if cops have been getting prosecuted correctly this can all be avoided. If any one comes at you with. A weapon he deserves to be shot but not multiple times for no reason. Even a taser could have worked

B-Rad likes this.
  13. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2015

gmanphx , Apr 28, 2015 :
    They've been suspended; and I hope the truth comes out.
    I want justice;but a mob can never deliver it. That's just a fact.

Linanc7 and ameen123 like this.
  14. Zach1928
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

How was he innocent? He committed a strong-armed robbery, punched a police officer, and went for his weapon. They have to react to protect their own lives- would it have been okay if Brown curbed stomped Wilsons head? Brown shouldn't have attacked a cop. What Darren Wilson did to protect his own life is completely fine.

bakerbarber likes this.
  15. frankiecortina

Would you honestly risk your own life with a taser ? If you have a family and kids to go home to and take care of ? No I wouldn't. You would be crazy if you did. Also if someone was coming at you with a weapon , you would probably be scared right ? Wouldn't you want to make sure that person isn't going to harm you. Isn't going to try and harm you family ? A cops life is at stake as well.

Zach1928 and SirAwesome37 like this.
  16. Zach1928
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

Why do you instantly assume police officers are always in the wrong? That is the problem with this mindset. You need to take responsibility for YOUR wrong doing instead of taking it out on the men and women who have a sworn oath to uphold the law. You don't like getting harassed by cops? DON'T BREAK THE !@#!$%^ LAW

SirAwesome37 likes this.
  17. SirAwesome37

SirAwesome37 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    You're assuming that if he shoots he will hit the target. Had to be sure that he was safe.

frankiecortina and Zach1928 like this.
  18. Zach1928
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

All these people that make these grandiose claims A) have never handled a firearm, and B) think police officers are like sharpshooters who can easily just shoot you in the knee or something while your moving and just make you stop immediately

ameen123 likes this.
  19. frankiecortina

And that's where these specific cops went wrong. But these people are destroying things. I understand a protest maybe outside of the police station (pre approved of course) but they are destroying random people's things. Destroying there own home. I guess I see the problem but I think the problem Is in the minority. The media hypes these things up because its what the people want to hear about. There are bad people every where.

ameen123 likes this.
  20. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Apr 28, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    You are mistaken. Ferguson protests were not peaceful.