your opinions on baltimore

1. ben.ott
    Froyo Apr 28, 2015

ben.ott , Apr 28, 2015 :
    Obviously the looting is bad, but the response by the city of Baltimore has been terrible. Look at what North Charleston did after that shooting. They dealt with it immediately and stood with the victims and protesters. Whenever a place in the south is better at dealing with racism than you are, there's a problem. Until the city government and Baltimore police respond in a way respectful to the victims and protesters, there will be problems.

ameen123, firewire2035 and Shroomery like this.
  2. Fenez
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2015

Fenez , Apr 28, 2015 :
    The problem is, the protester are saying we won't behave until we get what we want and cops are paid to make you behave... Kind of like a child that acts out and says they won't stop until they get what they want, any normal parent knows that the proper response is to Immediately make them behave.

justinlee.97 likes this.
  3. Shroomery
    Eclair Apr 28, 2015

Shroomery , Apr 28, 2015 :
    ^^ this

4. godlycadaver
    KitKat Apr 28, 2015

godlycadaver , Apr 28, 2015 :
    completely stupid...they are acting like a bunch of animals.....hope they all end up in jail and rot away

5. sfomin
    Nougat Apr 28, 2015

6. dosonzzz2
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2015

dosonzzz2 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    No worry, Obuma will take care of Bmore

7. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Apr 28, 2015

bakerbarber likes this.
  8. cledee
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

cledee , Apr 28, 2015 :
    If people stopped to think, and notice we all have problems and issues, instead of living with a sense of entitlement we would all be in a better place. As a minority living in the US from an early age it was something that was almost instilled inside each and every minority that the cops should not be trusted. As I got older, I realized, they are just like me and you, working those terrible shifts, day in, day out. Are some cops bad? Yes, Maybe, but they are human, just like everyone else. They make mistakes, we all do. People point out to how terrible Baltimore is, with poverty and racism and police brutality. To them I say, I can find you 1,000s of people who would be willing to trade their living situation with yours. I'm not saying police brutality is ok, I'm not saying racism is ok, I'm saying stop blaming others and try to do something positive about it. Life is hard on everyone, even the rich family who you think is living this perfect life, dig deep and you will find something, we are humans and hopefully one day, we realize this before it's too late.

9. chip404
    Eclair Apr 28, 2015

chip404 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    I am in full concurrence with you. But I do wonder why the Chinese or French or Swedish etc. people are not destroying our cities.

10. Stopiwala
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 28, 2015

Stopiwala , Apr 28, 2015 :
    The investigation hasn't even been done yet into what killed Freddie. So just like Michael Brown, who by all accounts instigated the fight between him and the officer, people have made their decision on who is at fault in this case without knowing the facts.
    This case doesn't look good for the police but I'll hold my judgement for what is found after the investigation. I may or may not agree with what is found but no one but the cops and Freddie were in the back of that paddy wagon. End of the day, I'm not going to act like a petulant child because of it.

Police harassment is not limited to White on Black either, but only in these instances do you see national media attention. CNN, FOX, NBC, NPR, and you can cram as many other news outlets into this list as you can think of. They all have their own agenda and for the most part, it is to keep you listening or watching so you see or hear the advertisements from companies willing to dole out huge sums of money to them which only fuels their need to sensationalize these life stories.

EFF Them and put the looters and criminals taking advantage of this situation, in jail.

“I honk at protestors to show my support, and also tell them to get the **** out of my way.”
    Jarod Kintz

fgrhuhrg likes this.
  11. Hemo
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

Hemo , Apr 28, 2015 :
    Watch "PSA Contains Bizarre Subliminal Message About "Martial Law"" on YouTube -
    So what do you think guys ? o_O

12. fgrhuhrg

fgrhuhrg , Apr 28, 2015 :
    How is looting going to change anything in the wider scope of things. Its just an excuse to steal.

13. malidan
    Nougat Apr 28, 2015

malidan , Apr 28, 2015 :
    Dude come on, being killed in the act is very different to been killed in custody.

14. t34tran
    Donut Apr 28, 2015

15. dbdistin

dbdistin , Apr 28, 2015 :
    As in most situations, follow the money. Who benefits from these riots.
    (in no particular order)
    - news media ratings
    - building contractors
    - manufacturers of looted items
    - looters
    - professional "community spokesmen"
    - lawyers
    not the community or individual, honest citizens. These citizens see their neighborhoods devastated, lost jobs, lost property, increased consumer prices, reluctance of businesses to reopen, and years of distrust of law enforcement.

I saw it happen first hand in Los Angeles after the Rodney King verdict, and many times after that in other communities.

As has been pointed out by almost every response before me, there are problems that need to be addressed, but riots solve nothing.

With each new "community uprising" as some would call these riots, I hope that we would learn from the lessons of the past, but so far, I have been disappointed every time.

16. Dzumar1
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

Dzumar1 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    With the exception of the Baltimore suspect incident (unclear as to what happened) the recent spate of arrest deaths have all involved the suspect: physically resisting, threatening officers, arguing vehemently or running away. When stopped the only correct response is to stand quietly and keep your mouth shut. Since when did these other responses somehow become recognized as appropriate!!!

17. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2015

SayMyName , Apr 28, 2015 :
    I think that white people are killed by police everyday, but it doesn't get coverage because they're... White.
    People need to calm down already. It has nothing to do with the colour of your skin, if you're a criminal you're a criminal.

18. ameen123
    Honeycomb Apr 28, 2015

ameen123 , Apr 28, 2015 :
    Its not under the same circumstances though.

19. Esenbek
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2015

Esenbek , Apr 28, 2015 :
    Stupid... what can I say.... just bunch of stupid people, they say cops are racists... but those people are being racist... so many white people dying every day no one cares, why? because they are not black ? Latino? Asians? yeah, only black people do this.... people, stop being stupid we are in 21 st century, yes there are some who still act like an idiots judging by skin color for a better future we need to stop this shit...

20. ameen123
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2015

ameen123 , Apr 29, 2015 :
    Yea for sure but these acts are ONLY happening to black people.. The way they happen. Being killed in police custody doesn't make sense. Hate to say it but Obama hasn't done much for this scenario either. He has not halped black people at all. Black people are still a minority and are still being treated unfairly. How many black CEOS are there? Not many when compared to the amount of white ceos.