Your top battery saving tips for new One Plus 3 owners

1. G_Adam_Ducker_TLMX
    Froyo Sep 8, 2016

G_Adam_Ducker_TLMX , Sep 8, 2016 :
    So what are your top battery saving tips? Is charging overnight really a battery clearer? (I'm considering not charging at night and using dash charger when I get to work) How can you still use things (syncing etc...) relatively normally but save battery life? I had a HTC One X in the past where the battery took a nose dive after a year and I want to avoid that seem as I'm moving from an S4 where I could swap out battery!

svgr likes this.
  2. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 8, 2016

Wahoux likes this.
  3. ungeeked
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2016

ungeeked , Sep 8, 2016 :
    Disable Google now if you don't use it
    Turn of wifi scanning
    Disable Google backup
    Don't use Facebook app, use web version instead
    If you want to use Google now, set location to gps only instead of high accuracy
    Greenify
    Amplify (root + xposed)
    Disable account sync for things you don't use (play movies etc)

4. RagavendranBala
    Froyo Sep 8, 2016

RagavendranBala , Sep 8, 2016 :
    Disable all unused apps and turn off GPS and use greenify... If u turn off GPS it saves a lot battery

5. Robson
    KitKat Sep 8, 2016

6. Dominique57350

7. ritchiedrama

ritchiedrama , Sep 8, 2016 :
    Disable all of googles bloat stuff if you don't use it, gps off, download a custom browser (such as Gello Mod or Tuga Browser).

I use black theme etc too. I get 7+ hours SoT regularly, without any issue and have reached over 8 a few times, but I don't "use" my phone that much so I get less than I could.

8. royz0r
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2016

royz0r , Sep 8, 2016 :
    Unlock the bootloader and flash the OP3 lite rom. It's pre debloated with some tweaks.

9. F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS

F_Andrea_Ippolito_ZsRS , Sep 8, 2016 :
    Dark theme, brightness below 50% (auto), disable wifi/bt scanning, disable screen notifications (will cause exiting doze I think), disable gestures, disable unused preinstalled apps, avoid using fb and fb messenger. Since you may need them from time to time, get app Disabler (requires root), then install fb and messenger, login, then disable them. You can reactivate them just for the time ou need them and all your cache, login etc will still be there, not as if you just reinstalled them from scratch. And meanwhile, use fb via browser (recommend Tuga via XDA labs) whenever possible.

With this I manage to get 4 to 5 hrs sot without paying to much attention. I don't play games tho, just calls, chats, and a lot of browsing/yt videos.

Enjoy!

mrambriz likes this.
  10. Kirakichi
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2016

Kirakichi , Sep 8, 2016 :
    And then, you can say "welcome back dumb-phone (vice versa of smartphone).

I just run an app to measure my battery current being drawn live, and as i type this, i got an average drain of 230 - 260mAh (250mAh = ~ 11 hours screen on time).

For some reason, our phones use randomly up to 600 or even 1300mAh for no reason, and thats why we never achieve 10 hours SoT.

As of screen brightness, rest assured folks! Difference between 10% brightness level with a 100% brightness is fairly low and there is around 25% of extra juice depleetion, but keeping it at 85-90% instead of 100% seems to be alot more battery friendly.

Thats my research, i use Ampere app to measure it.

11. patrice58

patrice58 , Sep 8, 2016 :
    Does not save as much battery as people think it does. A few minutes extra battery life at most.

12. Bharath97
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2016

Bharath97 , Sep 9, 2016 :
    I too an one plus 3 user...
    Bought it 3 weeks ago....
    The Battery Is draining so badly.....
    As I opened the BATTERY in setting it showed me that MEDIA and MEDIA SERVER are consuming more than 35% of the battery life EACH.....
    How can it be rectified......
    One plus please help........!!!

Attached Files:

13. vipul619
    Honeycomb Sep 9, 2016

14. KSDLuser
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2016

KSDLuser , Sep 9, 2016 :
    I'm new here and i really don't know where else to post this so I'll just ask here. I've heard that it helps the battery a lot in the long run if you keep it charged between 50%-80%, and I've been doing that for quite a while now; only charging it full when i have to go out for a long time. I consider myself as a really heavy user, using the phone almost the entire day using Wi-Fi and sometimes lte with gps here and there when playing Pokemon go, and because of all that, i end up charging 5 times a day when i stay at home. Is that okay for the phone's battery? Or should i just charge it all the way up, and recharge only when needed?

15. ritchiedrama
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2016

ritchiedrama , Sep 9, 2016 :
    I think it isn't as big of a deal as people make out; I personally charge to 100 always, just because I would buy a new phone in a year or two (by the time it'd be degraded).

16. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 9, 2016

Tokolozi , Sep 9, 2016 :
    it actually saves a lot if you do it across everything you can.

17. patrice58
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2016

patrice58 , Sep 9, 2016 :
    Not enough to be worth the hassle of doing it in the first place. I do however subscribe to the notion that every little helps.

18. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Sep 9, 2016

MarkLR , Sep 9, 2016 :
    Lower the brightness below 50% and don't use auto brightness
    Turn off sync to any account and especially email accounts you don't need push notifications, and then manually sync it
    Disable Google Now and all extensions of it
    Enable power saving mode when you don't need the best performance
    Disable gps when not using

mrambriz likes this.
  19. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop Sep 9, 2016

20. G_Adam_Ducker_TLMX
    Froyo Sep 9, 2016

G_Adam_Ducker_TLMX , Sep 9, 2016 :
    I enjoy the functionality Google Now offers is it really that much of a killer. Good to know about Facebook I won't use those apps. Currently use twitter for msging for groups I'm in for podcast, is that more of a killer than something like discord or slack?