YouTube app has a weird, very blue tint at low brightness via OnePlus 8 Pro

1. johnf10
    Eclair Oct 16, 2020

johnf10 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 16, 2020 :
    Just like the title says, the YouTube app when you turn on vision comfort and put both colour temperature and brightness at max, the YouTube app has a very blue tint to it and it's only in the YouTube app. When you hold the home button to swipe up, you can see the colour shift from normal to the weird blue tint. I tried to take a screenshot but the screenshot come shows everything is alright. I'm assuming this is due to the software update OnePlus released to solve the green tint issue.

It's a shame that the lowest brightness of the phone is still quite bright and unfortunately, my display has the black bar issue which can be seen at the lowest brightness and the colour temperature maxed.

I can live with the black bar issue since it's not that noticeable and I only actually noticed it when I was looking for it front he incognito grey background in chrome. Otherwise it's not noticeable, but that huge blue tint in the YouTube app is. When the brightness is increased its less noticeable to non existent but at low brightness, wow. Please fix OnePlus.

Thanks

2. its_suraj
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2020

its_suraj , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 11, 2020 :
    Even I have this issue. It is happening only at the lowest brightness. It's not specific to youtube alone and is affecting the video watching experience in low brightness.

dayanj likes this.
  3. Pedro19
    Cupcake Nov 12, 2020

Pedro19 , Nov 12, 2020 :
    Happening to me in lowest brightness, YouTube's dark gray background color turns to a blueish color. While in recent apps, it is gray, then opening the app, blue. It also affects other similar colors in low brightness

dayanj likes this.
  4. txtasosxt
    Eclair Nov 13, 2020

txtasosxt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Nov 13, 2020 :
    I believe this started happening with the Android 11 update?
    It's very annoying and since I'm mainly using my phone at night on low brightness + night filters, I'll change to another brand if this is not fixed.

I could forgive the color issues of OnePlus 8 Pro in low brightness, but this is a software thing that is being forced without an option to remove it, that's unacceptable.

dayanj likes this.
  5. dayanj
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2020

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Dec 5, 2020

Ildabau likes this.
  8. Ildabau
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2021

Ildabau , Oct 15, 2021 :
    This works very well. Thanks so much