YouTube not working

1. Optimus_Robertus Eclair Oct 22, 2017

Optimus_Robertus, Oct 22, 2017 :
    Hi all,
    I have a problem with the YouTube app;
    All of the sudden, it stopped working, if I am connected to a WiFi network. The app keeps on loading forever.
    When I am on a 3/4g network, I don't have this problem.
    I can also still play videos on YouTube in my browser.
    Does anyone know how to fix it? (I'd prefer not to reset my device....)
    Thanks!

2. F_Divyesh_Kumar_AZXU Honeycomb Oct 22, 2017

3. Optimus_Robertus Eclair Oct 22, 2017

Optimus_Robertus, Oct 22, 2017 :
    I've already tried that, but it didn't work... :(

4. Optimus_Robertus Eclair Oct 28, 2017

idkwhoiam322 and le0nx like this.
  5. le0nx Gingerbread Oct 28, 2017

le0nx, Oct 28, 2017 :
    Well this is good, you found a solution to your problem and actually came back to comunity to share it.

6. G_Fabrizio_Rosa_(pizzAma Cupcake Nov 27, 2017

7. Optimus_Robertus Eclair Nov 27, 2017

Optimus_Robertus, Nov 27, 2017 :
    Maybe clearing the cache will work?(Try doing this via recovery)
    Or delete the data?
    Or try to uninstall all updates?

(I don't know if this works, but maybe you can delete the YouTube app via ADB or with root, and try to install the app again. Again, I'm not really sure if this works....)

(Not recommended, but maybe a factory reset will solve your problem...)

If the earlier mentioned solution and the above mentioned solutions don't work, I don't know what's wrong, and you will have to use YouTube in your browser from now on...

8. G_Fabrizio_Rosa_(pizzAma Cupcake Nov 27, 2017

9. G_Л._Владимиро Cupcake Jul 11, 2019

G_Л._Владимиро, Jul 11, 2019 :
    3 days my YouTube is just loading and loading, i tried clear cache, storage, uninstalling updates, downloading beta, restarting the phone number of times and nothing worked!!!! I I tried everything, I cannot factory reset, i have 20gb of original music and other data and I don't have a pc. Unfortunately OnePlus doesn't offer expandable storage so now I'm stuck. Should I buy new phone!? How to fix YouTube without losing my data?

10. G_Л._Владимиро Cupcake Jul 19, 2019

G_Л._Владимиро, Jul 19, 2019 :
    Just to be clear, when u see a very long comments do not consider them as raging, I'm sick of people misinterpretate the text and the saying it's all hate!?! If someone is hating something he will not take the time to write it down. No this is feedback because i care and becouse i need help..
    Ok guys, i spend 2 weeks without the yt app, i was using my browser from time to time to cast my display to the tv but now for some reason the cast function is just not working anymore!?!! everyone is saying factory reset!!!??! excuse me, i paid for the device, my personal data is there (and is a lot) and i have nowhere to move it even temporarily. Don't even mention about the settings for all the individual apps !?!. omg factory reset is the only fix they can think of? i had OnePlus one, OnePlus 3, OnePlus 5t and now 6t, i was always running beta but this time i decided to leave it sable and here is my luck... i got a stable in my *** :) now my tv is sitting there, collecting dust andbthe only app that connects to it is VLC player but it doesn't have YouTube does it? OnePlus pls!

11. Waveform Modifier Marshmallow Jul 19, 2019

Waveform Modifier, Jul 19, 2019 :
    There is no OnePlus dev here. Also, YouTube is not by OnePlus, it's Google's. App issue to be resolved by app dev.

12. G_Л._Владимиро Cupcake Jul 19, 2019

Yea.. passing the ball to google now!?? I'm so sorry but i asked over 10 people with different smartphones and they are all good!!! omg really???!? i see i have to buy a new OnePlus the use the OnePlus transfer app to move all my settings (witch I've never tested and don't know what it saves and what it doesn't) . The YouTube issue it's been clear. It's in the oxygen os not Android not Google, it's device specifically! now casting not working too... i simply asking for a way not to lose my shit again i swear to god i will not get phone without expandable storage anymore since is the best way to back up data.. the biggest OnePlus drawbacks for me.. no sd support and no usb to video support.. I'm asking for help and u r sacking me !?!

13. Waveform Modifier Marshmallow Jul 19, 2019

Waveform Modifier, Jul 19, 2019 :
    Whatever you like to believe. This is a user community forum and not tech support.
    If you want to report it, go here. https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

14. brian.sedore Honeycomb Jul 19, 2019

brian.sedore, Jul 19, 2019 :
    As the app is developed by Google, you should probably contact them. I've noticed that YouTube's thumbnails don't really load too quickly on the 7Pro even on WiFi, but it is what it is. If it becomes an issue, it's more likely to be solved by an update by Google.

Also, you could try OnePlus Switch to backup your data. I used it to transfer data from the 5T to the 7Pro and it worked quite well. From what I remember, there's a backup feature too.

15. G_Л._Владимиро Cupcake Jul 19, 2019

I have a another 6t, cracked screen, after finish the refurbishment will try that. Best idea so far.
    It's just ridiculous, why exactly YouTube and exactly my phone