Youtube Vanced locks me out of my phone via OnePlus 5

1. Ro5ikrucian
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2021

Ro5ikrucian , via OnePlus 5 , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Hi everyone,

I recently installed microG and Youtube vanced on my Oneplus 7 phone. My phone worked perfectly fine before installing the app but when i started using the vanced app and locked my phone, i was not able to go through the lock screen. The phone did not unlock while the video was playing in background with the video thumbnail set as my wallpaper.

Have had to factory reset my phone twice, since the issue still persisted even after the vanced app got removed after the first factory reset.

What's the issue here ? Does microG leave some traces even after being removed?

What could be a potential solution for this... Since even factory resetting the phone does not solve the issue

2. gdsingh94
    Jelly Bean Jan 19, 2021

3. dikoscilator
    Honeycomb Jan 19, 2021

dikoscilator , Jan 19, 2021 :
    Go to the nearest service centre and see if they can help. And do some research before installing a third party software into your device

4. HydSz
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2021

HydSz , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 19, 2021 :
    I have YouTube vanced on many devices, and non of them had issues. You should download Vanced manager from their official website and you good to go.

E1558912633684 likes this.
  5. Syrix
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2021

Syrix , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 19, 2021 :
    This.
    I've installed, though I use premium.
    The dark mode is *chefs kiss* out of this world.
    Making sure that you're using an original source is always crucial, especially when sideloading. Now, I don't recommend pirating anything, that's a security risks in itself. But PLEASE verify sources and be careful. Try a system cache wipe or use a file manager and see if you can locate any remains. If all else fails, try a data wipe possibly.

6. R.Peter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 19, 2021

R.Peter , Jan 19, 2021 :
    I also used Vanced, never ever faced similar issue.
    You can also try NewPipe, available on F-droid, however, there you can't log in to YT, at all.

Artemus. likes this.