Zen Mode 1.3.0 Unlocks More Options of Usage Time

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Sep 9, 2019

Gary C. , Sep 9, 2019 :
    zenmode.png

Since Zen Mode was launched, more and more OnePlus users began to use this function. This feature allows you to stay away from the overwhelming information explosion when needed, and get rid of the "overly burdened" experience with mobile phones. You can spend more time on the most important things in life, enjoying a moment of peace alone, and becoming a better self. This is our original intention for Zen Mode. Now, as Zen Mode receives more and more enthusiastic feedback from OnePlus users, we have more ideas on optimizing this feature.

In this update, Zen Mode 1.3.0 has become more "flexible" in customization. In addition to the default setting of 20 minutes, more duration options have been added: 30, 40 and and 60 minutes. Please be aware, these duration options are not just picked randomly!
    zenmode-01.png

In 30 minutes, you can devote yourself to an undisturbed exercise, which can be a long-distance 5km run, 1km swim, or several sets of bench presses and squats. During the 30 minutes, you are not only getting your workout done, but also relaxing your body and mind completely.

The 40 minutes option should be quite familiar to students. In the 40-minute class, students must force themselves to put down mobile phones and concentrate on teacher's instructions to explore the world of knowledge. For those who have started their career life, Zen Mode can also help them resist the temptation from "Kill Time" Apps. It is a good chance for them to cultivate reading habits and rediscover the pleasure of learning.

The 60 minutes setting is a blessing for those who have always wanted to go to bed early. During the 60-minute Zen time, they can soon go to sleep through meditation, thus developing a good habit of keeping early hours.

In addition to duration options, this update also includes a new feature of the daily reminder. After customizing the settings, your phone will automatically enter Zen Mode at scheduled time every day, and the content of reminder can also be tailored.
    zenmode-02.png

So, how will you use the Zen Mode? Share your stories and thoughts with us in the comments below!

P.S: Zen Mode 1.3.0 is available in the Play Store now, and is supported on the OnePlus 7 Series and OnePlus 6/6T.

2. Staf Heymans
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

3. Aakash360
    Honeycomb Sep 9, 2019

Aakash360 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    So talking about zen mode...I really love how it changes color dynamically and how strong it is ..i usually use it when i have to study for a long time and a break after every 60mins so thanks for the 60mins update...really love it.

4. ravikrcsia
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

ravikrcsia , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Everyone love this features ![e]1f60a[/e][e]1f60a[/e]

5. Wong_Jason
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

Wong_Jason , Sep 9, 2019 :
    of course! OnePlus has launched a very good feature for everyone!! love OnePlus so much

6. P1565757367958
    Donut Sep 9, 2019

jgshldupfupcypx and Wong_Jason like this.
  7. Gunjan Ft Shady
    Froyo Sep 9, 2019

M1568832022927 and Wong_Jason like this.
  8. Washey
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

9. F_Mazin_M_Merza_EDiT
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

Akshay V Anil likes this.
  10. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2019

11. markokinnu
    Eclair Sep 9, 2019

markokinnu , Sep 9, 2019 :
    1568028720131.jpg
    I love this. 40 minutes zen doing something else atleast once a week. and If i charge My phone its full when zen is over. Great feature

dineshschawla likes this.
  12. Mobilemachine007
    Froyo Sep 9, 2019

Mobilemachine007 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    zen mode should allow us to access all the contacts and call history to make calls not just the emergency contacts only in case we are in sudden need..

SHAHID25896 and eliamarisio like this.
  13. G_Shyam_Anjaneya_Polamar
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

G_Roger_Federer_gehN likes this.
  14. Some_Random_Username
    Honeycomb Sep 9, 2019

Some_Random_Username , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Are you sure of that?
    My 5T running OB33 got it available on PlayStore.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019

15. Georgeoneplus7pro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2019

Georgeoneplus7pro , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Why not allow us to disable or uninstall Zen Mode? Maybe it's a good thing for some, and for others, even for me it's bloatware. We liked OnePlus before, because it didn't have unwanted pre-installed applications. Please let us choose what to do with the purchased phones and decide for ourselves what applications we want to have.

16. DavideG.
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2019

DavideG. , Sep 9, 2019 :
    for me it is a good idea. Most of us are no longer a kid but an incentive to pull the plug every so often in my opinion is a good idea. Making ZenMode available is a sign of attention to the end user ... then everyone can do as they see fit .. Thanks Oneplus.

Never Settle

eliamarisio likes this.
  17. the_o2
    Marshmallow Sep 9, 2019

the_o2 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    Hey K1561......, Here you go :p;)

People who have ZERO SELF CONTROL love this feature

18. pramod0ms
    Cupcake Sep 9, 2019

pramod0ms , Sep 9, 2019 :
    I like this feature. 2 questions
    1. Possible to add Continuous use of 1hr?
    2. I guess there's no entry in settings or a launch icon.
    Had to go to playstore to launch the app :-(

6T/Official build

Curlybird63 likes this.
  19. swiftestcat
    Honeycomb Sep 9, 2019

swiftestcat , Sep 9, 2019 :
    This is an awesome update but it would be cool if we could customise the time beyond the preset options.

Curlybird63 and d.platt like this.
  20. the_o2
    Marshmallow Sep 9, 2019

the_o2 , Sep 9, 2019 :
    So, One of my friend purchased the 7Pro and he is showing off the specs and display, how crispy it is, what a design and bla bla bla......
    I asked him can I click a photo, he gives his phone, the phone was unlocked I just enable the the Zen Mode for One Hour and now we are no more friends :p:tearsofjoy:;)

PS: there should be pattern/pin lock for Zen Mode too.