Zen Mode 1.3.0 Unlocks More Options of Usage Time

1. nirajbhusal
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2019

nirajbhusal , Sep 11, 2019 :
    Hello @GaryC
    Zen Mode is really awesome. Can you please add a button to enable /Disable Flashlight while ZenMode is running.
    It will be helpful at nights , I hope you will add that in the next update.

2. X1568203784899
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2019

3. Arun Thapa
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2019

Arun Thapa , Sep 11, 2019 :
    Zen Mode is a beautiful feature keeping up with the digital wellbeing. And it had gotten better with the update. But than it shows time only in minutes. And I was thinking, What if there was an option to show time in hours past 60 min of usage in total. For example, say you have used the Zen mode for 200 minutes in a day. Wouldn't it be easier for us if it were to show as 2 hours 20 minutes rather than 200 minutes? It would be easier to compare with previous day's usage and enable us to beat previous day's usage. This would not only allow us to put down our phone even more but also help concentrate on important matters. Yes, you can always switch off your phone to concentrate better on certain tasks, but there might be some important calls you don't want to miss. And since Zen Mode can be made better, why not give it as an option.

4. Sidharth Singh Bhati
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2019

5. B1534691016658
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2019

6. soulsurfer4life
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2019

soulsurfer4life , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I am a first time OnePlus user (6T. 11/2018). I was very excited to get this phone. However, since the begining of using this device, there has been a handful of problems. Not problems with the device itself, but problems when it comes to software. Credit where it is due, OnePlus has been vigilant and have done their best to address and fix these problems in a timely manner.

That being said, after this cycle of 2-3 years using a single device, I don't see myself making another OnePlus purchase. And this "zen mode" app which has been forced upon me is definitely a contributing factor in this decision. Since when does an Android user not have a choice? It's strange that there isn't an option to "force stop/disable" and/or "uninstall' this app. The unwanted app, annoying notifications, battery drain, and (Google Play) not being able to "update all" apps in one single tap in order to avoid updating this zen mode app... is quickly ruining my OnePlus experience.

I understand this app has been "helping people". And that's great. Some people, many people, are addicted to there smartphone. As for myself, in my line of work, I am constantly using my phone. And I don't need (emphasis on the word "need") a babysitter. Especially when it comes to a product that I paid for. Yes, granted, this app does "help" people. However, the app should be an available option for those whom desire help. Not forced upon everyone within the same brand.

I know my measly $800 USD (OnePlus purchases total) won't be missed. Nevertheless, I wanted to state my opinion and put some rational thought into this thread. In a certain aspect, these smartphones are an extension of who we are. And forcing a method on those whom didn't ask for it is crossing the line.

There needs to be an option to uninstall this app.

Post Script,
    I also want to add; Since OnePlus is forcing this app, what will be next? More apps without the option / choice to deny, of course. Perhaps, maybe even something more intrusive.

Take some time to think about that.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019

Q1567417408886 likes this.
  7. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus
    Jelly Bean Sep 11, 2019

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus , Sep 11, 2019 :
    @Gary.C Zen Mode 1.3.0 is not compatible with previous Stable and Open beta updates, Stable update starting from 9.0.5 and Open beta starting from 28 on OnePlus 5 and 5T, please resolve this issue, it would be made for everyone and for those who are on old updates too, thanks.

8. Rishan123
    Cupcake Sep 11, 2019

Rishan123 , Sep 11, 2019 :
    I didn't knew this .what is Zen Mode but . after knowing it's very good thing.[e]263a[/e]️

9. GaToKnechto
    Eclair Sep 11, 2019

10. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Sep 12, 2019

gaster , Sep 12, 2019 :
    Thanks for this beautiful update Gary. Really love the extra time. Let's give more chances to real life :D

11. S1563957411011
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

S1563957411011 , Sep 12, 2019 :
    more features can be added to Zen Mode. as there are many productive apps that u need to use while u working. for eg. if a student is using Zen Mode ...he/she might need calculator or same other app x, which u can't access currently. my suggestion is to add an option to white list some apps on long duration Zen Mode like calculator etc.

12. DrJMun
    Jelly Bean Sep 12, 2019

DrJMun , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I hate this "feature", especially that it is be forced on users. Being an adult I don't need to be "reminded" to put the phone down and do something else. Zen Mode needs a ZAP option to completely disable it or uninstall it. I should NEVER have to SETTLE for what the manufacturer imposes on me.

13. Raffy.1x
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

14. N1565314460877
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

15. Demon_hunter
    Honeycomb Sep 12, 2019

Demon_hunter , Sep 12, 2019 :
    I don't know why people are hating this app..For me It has been very useful..Now with customizable time this is even better..[e]2665[/e]️ nice initiative oneplus

16. NovaeScorpion
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

NovaeScorpion , Sep 12, 2019 :
    An option to uninstall or disable this mode would be welcome! I left brands like samsung because there are just too many useless mandatory software.... Please don't do like them!

soulsurfer4life likes this.
  17. Arjunchawla07
    Donut Sep 12, 2019

Demon_hunter likes this.
  18. rohitrohitrohit
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2019

19. Mustasim
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

Mustasim , Sep 13, 2019 :
    its too good. once I activate it, i take my another phone to browse! such an opportunity! ha ha ha! i am just dodging myself! nothing actually improved!

Q1567417408886 likes this.
  20. Mustasim
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019

Mustasim , Sep 13, 2019 :
    yeap i do feel same man!

soulsurfer4life likes this.